Best tactical engine?
Moderator: Ras
-
Jouni
- Posts: 3935
- Joined: Wed Mar 08, 2006 8:15 pm
- Full name: Jouni Uski
Best tactical engine?
Leptir and Rems are superior because of internal MV mode. So I tested Stockfish 19, Reckless dev and PlentyChess 8 in MV = 3 mode. You can do this in Banksia GUI. Result: all 3 engines were very similar after 500 puzzles and equal to Leptir/Rems in solving!
Jouni
-
Dann Corbit
- Posts: 12891
- Joined: Wed Mar 08, 2006 8:57 pm
- Location: Redmond, WA USA
Re: Best tactical engine?
Possibly useful for general chess play, if an engine is stuck in a draw line or falling behind, to widen the search with mpv=3.
In those cases, I doubt if it would hurt anything and it might even find a win.
I think Mike did something like that many years ago.
In those cases, I doubt if it would hurt anything and it might even find a win.
I think Mike did something like that many years ago.
Taking ideas is not a vice, it is a virtue. We have another word for this. It is called learning.
But sharing ideas is an even greater virtue. We have another word for this. It is called teaching.
But sharing ideas is an even greater virtue. We have another word for this. It is called teaching.