Also Mark Young makes now chess GUI

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderator: Ras

Jouni
Posts: 3935
Joined: Wed Mar 08, 2006 8:15 pm
Full name: Jouni Uski

Also Mark Young makes now chess GUI

Post by Jouni »

"The reason I started this is that the other GUIs I’ve used all seem to be missing something I need for engine testing. Some have good tournament features, while others have better live information or testing controls. I wanted to bring those things together in one program.

One of my biggest concerns is how a GUI holds up when a tournament reaches 20,000 to 50,000 games or more. I also want proper recovery after a crash, automatic PGN saving, pure node testing, and a way to replay failed games without losing the original records.

I’m building this with AI assistance. There has already been a lot of development, testing, and revision, but it is still a work in progress. I want it fully functional and thoroughly tested before asking people to try it."

Do we need one more?
Jouni
SSTATHIS
Posts: 64
Joined: Tue Jun 22, 2010 7:55 pm

Re: Also Mark Young makes now chess GUI

Post by SSTATHIS »

Great news!
For me the best GUI's are Arena and Myracle. But both have weakness...
Think a new GUI that combine Arena+Myracle!!!