I have made some Windows 32-bit versions
of the Stockfish 19 chess engine
for users who are still hanging on to their old computer.
They can be downloaded from the following link :-
https://www.mediafire.com/file/383htgd2 ... es.7z/file
The download zip file size is 215 Mb
Stockfish 19 Windows 32-bit engines
Moderator: Ras
-
RoySawyer
- Posts: 29
- Joined: Tue May 09, 2023 7:11 pm
- Full name: Roy Sawyer
-
robertstepien
- Posts: 33
- Joined: Sun Jun 25, 2023 12:29 am
- Full name: robert stępień
Re: Stockfish 19 Windows 32-bit engines
Thank You 
-
Damas Clásicas
- Posts: 31
- Joined: Thu Aug 22, 2019 6:11 am
- Full name: Herson P. Guier
Re: Stockfish 19 Windows 32-bit engines
RoySawyer wrote: ↑Thu Sep 10, 2026 9:18 pm I have made some Windows 32-bit versions
of the Stockfish 19 chess engine
for users who are still hanging on to their old computer.
They can be downloaded from the following link :-
https://www.mediafire.com/file/383htgd2 ... es.7z/file
The download zip file size is 215 Mb
Hi Roy,
Thank you very much for taking the time to make these 32-bit versions of Stockfish 19. It is really nice to see that you have made this available for those who may still have a use for a 32-bit version. I really appreciate the effort.
Whenever I see such a strong 32-bit chess engine, I remember a conversation I had with Vas Rajlich, the author of Rybka, many years ago.
At that time, Rybka Cluster was an incredibly powerful version of Rybka that could run across several machines with many processors. I asked Vas whether he thought that, in the future, it might be possible for a sufficiently strong 32-bit, single-core chess engine to actually compete with — or even beat — the powerful Rybka Cluster.
Surprisingly, he told me that he thought it could be possible!
Unfortunately, Rybka Cluster is no longer available, so we will probably never know whether such a thing could actually have been possible. But given how far chess engines have come since then, I think the question itself no longer makes quite as much sense today. Even so, it would still be fascinating to see such a thing in action
I am going to try this 32-bit version of Stockfish 19 against some very strong chess engines that do not use neural networks (NNUE), but can take advantage of many cores. I think it will be very interesting to see how competitive a 32-bit Stockfish can be in that kind of environment. (Perhaps Mark Young might also be interested in doing some similar tests, such as testing the single-core 32-bit Stockfish against other strong chess programs that do not use neural networks.)
THANK YOU again for making these versions available!
-
kaissa
- Posts: 138
- Joined: Fri Mar 10, 2006 11:21 pm
Re: Stockfish 19 Windows 32-bit engines
Thank you for this. I will definitely try it on my two old computers, still going fine.