Houdini 6.03

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Krzysztof Grzelak

Houdini 6.03

Post by Krzysztof Grzelak »

I have this request and question. Please write what to do with the message below. I will add that Mr. Robert Houdart does not respond to emails. Thank you for any help in advance.

Viz
Full name: Michael Chaly

Re: Houdini 6.03

Post by Viz »

download stockfish 9 I guess.
reflectionofpower

Post by reflectionofpower »

Just download the version previously stated or the latest one - https://stockfishchess.org/download/
"Without change, something sleeps inside us, and seldom awakens. The sleeper must awaken." (Dune - 1984)

Lonnie
Uri Blass

Post by Uri Blass »

Viz wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:59 am download stockfish 9 I guess.
I believe that stockfish9 is not identical to houdini6.03 even if houdini6.03 is based on stockfish so it is not a good solution.
Viz
Full name: Michael Chaly

Post by Viz »

Uri Blass wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:46 pm
I believe that stockfish9 is not identical to houdini6.03 even if houdini6.03 is based on stockfish so it is not a good solution.
Well I guess better support scammer houdart with more money, right?
BrendanJNorman
Full name: Brendan J Norman

Post by BrendanJNorman »

Viz wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:12 pm
Uri Blass wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:46 pm
Well I guess better support scammer houdart with more money, right?
:shock: :D

"A straw man fallacy (sometimes written as strawman) is the informal fallacy of refuting an argument different from the one actually under discussion, while not recognizing or acknowledging the distinction.[1] One who engages in this fallacy is said to be "attacking a straw man".
Damas Clásicas
Full name: Herson P. Guier

Post by Damas Clásicas »

Krzysztof Grzelak wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:48 am I have this request and question. Please write what to do with the message below. I will add that Mr. Robert Houdart does not respond to emails. Thank you for any help in advance.

Unfortunately you can't do anything, as the message says: the activation limit has come to the end.

I'm sorry to say that many people don't realize that when some computer program is just limited to work only during your computer life, obviously that's NOT worth it. Because once you get a different computer(s) in the future you won't be able to run the program anymore, unless you buy new licenses. So you're not really buying anything, you're renting it for a short period of time. It has no sense at all!

Ok, I went a bit off topic lol, anyway write on private to see if I can help you.
Uri Blass

Post by Uri Blass »

Damas Clásicas wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:44 pm
Krzysztof Grzelak wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:48 am I have this request and question. Please write what to do with the message below. I will add that Mr. Robert Houdart does not respond to emails. Thank you for any help in advance.

Unfortunately you can't do anything, as the message says: the activation limit has come to the end.

I'm sorry to say that many people don't realize that when some computer program is just limited to work only during your computer life, obviously that's NOT worth it. Because once you get a different computer(s) in the future you won't be able to run the program anymore, unless you buy new licenses. So you're not really buying anything, you're renting it for a short period of time. It has no sense at all!

Ok, I went a bit off topic lol, anyway write on private to see if I can help you.
I believe most people do not replace their computer more than one time in 5 years so I do not agree about the short period of time.
I do not suggest to buy in the case of houdini but
I do not agree that obviously it is not worth it and it is dependent on what you want and the alternatives.

If the price for renting is low enough relative to the price of buying then it is possible to claim that it make no sense to buy and it is better to rent.
Jim Ablett
Full name: Jim Ablett

Post by Jim Ablett »

Compile your own version of it.
https://gitlab.com/cucumbers/stockfish-frozen

Jim.
Krzysztof Grzelak

Post by Krzysztof Grzelak »

Jim Ablett wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:05 pm Compile your own version of it.
https://gitlab.com/cucumbers/stockfish-frozen

Jim.
Sorry, I'm not a programmer.