@CPW contributors

Discussion of chess software programming and technical issues.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

smatovic
Full name: Srdja Matovic

@CPW contributors

Post by smatovic »

Heyho, I am not aware of any other way of contact, so...

I am not into the Discord channels, took just a look at the top 20 engines on CCRL, I know only the ~half of engines and people. I can do minimal, incremental updates on existing CPW articles, like version updates of Lc0, SF, etc, but:

- people
- engines
- GUIs
- tournaments
- events
- companies

I am not qualified to write on these topics.

- Atari 8-bit
- Amiga
- GPU
- OpenCL

I can handle the above topics.

@CPW admins: there is still an active community in the Discord channels, maybe invite some active people, or one representative per Discord, Lc0/SF/OpenBench/EP, so we can divide engines and topics amongst contributors?

***edit***
Or, alternatively, the honest thing would be to freeze and lock current state of CPW with a timestamp.

--
Srdja
jshriver

Re: @CPW contributors

Post by jshriver »

What information are you wanting? I've wrote code for the 6502 (NES) and m68k (old Sparc IPX and other systems) as well as GPGPU back in the day and OpenCL. Though I highly recommend CUDA for nvidia over OpenCL. Good luck.
smatovic

Post by smatovic »

Some of the top 20 CCRL engines and programmers are not listed on CPW. PlayChess, LiChess, Chess.com have no articles. SPSA could be updated. DAG has no article. GPGPU article in context of training and inference of neural networks could be created, etc......CPW does not reflect current state of computer chess programming.

--
Srdja
smatovic

Post by smatovic »

@CPW-admins: one further wish, the printable .pdf export is pretty much unreadable, cos the links are written as fully URLs, would be nice if this can be changed to embedded links in the .pdf via the MediaWiki backend.
smatovic

Post by smatovic »

Bump.

@CPW-admins:

Last call for action. Pham Hong Nguyen and myself are the only contributors to CPW in the last 3 months. The Engine Programming Discord has now 122 members online with 692 total members, there is an active community out there, invite some active people to CPW?

As mentioned in another post, I myself am out of the loop of the current best practices. I will finish my chess projects over 2024 and then probably stop contributing to CPW.

---
Srdja
AndrewGrant
Full name: Andrew Grant

Post by AndrewGrant »

Pretty sure some Stockfish people are in the process of entirely replacing CPW.
#WeAreAllDraude #JusticeForDraude #RememberDraude #LeptirBigUltra
"Those who can't do, clone instead" - Eduard ( A real life friend, not this forum's Eduard )
mvanthoor
Full name: Marcel Vanthoor

Post by mvanthoor »

smatovic wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2023 1:32 pm @CPW admins: there is still an active community in the Discord channels,
Do you have a list of Discord channels? Preferably ones that are not for a single particular top engine? I'm looking more at a Discord-version of Talkchess, a channel that is more general with regard to chess programming (or even, board game programming).

I've never done anything with Discord in the past, so I know nothing about it, honestly.
Author of Rustic, an engine written in Rust.
Releases | Code | Docs | Progress | CCRL
smatovic

Post by smatovic »

mvanthoor wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2024 4:32 pm ...
There you go:

Discord Channels
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=82700

I tried in the past with IRC, Cycosmos, ICQ, and lurked shortly into Discord, but this kind of communication is not mine.

--
Srdja