Arasan 11.0 : 2360

Discussion of computer chess matches and engine tournaments.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Le Fou numerique

Arasan 11.0 : 2360

Post by Le Fou numerique »

Hi,

ImageArasan 11.0 first rating in the UEL: 2360 (10.4: 2369, 546 games rated).

PGN on the Division Cadet page.

Regards,
Patrick
Werner
Full name: Werner Schüle

Re: Arasan 11.0 : 2360

Post by Werner »

Le Fou numerique wrote:Hi,

Regards,
Patrick
:(

which is the strongest version in your tounaments?
(here 10.2)

thanks
Werner
Le Fou numerique

Werner wrote:
Le Fou numerique wrote:Hi,

Regards,
Patrick
:(

which is the strongest version in your tounaments?
(here 10.2)

thanks
Hi,

In the UEL, the new versions replace the old.

So the rating list is this of the actual versions and not a rating list of all versions for all engines.

The rating is not a absolut value. The list of the engines is changing.

Regards,
Patrick
Dr.Wael Deeb

Post by Dr.Wael Deeb »

I've noticed that you've changed the opening book used for your tournaments Patrick,I wonder is there a particular reason :roll: :?:
As for Arasan 11.0,it's a clear improvement over the previous version and the author stated that,why didn't show it's potential in your tournament :!: :?:
Regards,
Dr.D
_No one can hit as hard as life.But it ain’t about how hard you can hit.It’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward.How much you can take and keep moving forward….
Le Fou numerique

Dr.Wael Deeb wrote:I've noticed that you've changed the opening book used for your tournaments Patrick,I wonder is there a particular reason :roll: :?:
As for Arasan 11.0,it's a clear improvement over the previous version and the author stated that,why didn't show it's potential in your tournament :!: :?:
Regards,
Dr.D
Hi,

For the "tournoi d'entrée", I still use the same opening book.

In the others tournaments we always use different opening books. I do thematic tournaments since a long time (see the archive page)

Actually I use thematic opening books with Fritz GUI. There is not a particular reason for that, just for use this books and find bad lines. These books are for personnal training.

Patrick Beucler still use the HS-classic 8moves II.bkt with Shredder Classic and Eduardo Serrano Orejuela different HS-Books with Arena :D
I think I know why you ask about opening books in our tournaments, but you are wrong :?

You can see in the table of the UEL this icon Image after the rating of Arasan 11.0. It means that only 126 games are rated. The rating is the result of these 126 games, neither more nor less.

Regards,
Patrick
Dr.Wael Deeb

Post by Dr.Wael Deeb »

Le Fou numerique wrote:
Dr.Wael Deeb wrote:I've noticed that you've changed the opening book used for your tournaments Patrick,I wonder is there a particular reason :roll: :?:
Regards,
Dr.D
Hi,

For the "tournoi d'entrée", I still use the same opening book.

In the others tournaments we always use different opening books. I do thematic tournaments since a long time (see the archive page)

Actually I use thematic opening books with Fritz GUI. There is not a particular reason for that, just for use this books and find bad lines. These books are for personnal training.

Patrick Beucler still use the HS-classic 8moves II.bkt with Shredder Classic and Eduardo Serrano Orejuela different HS-Books with Arena :D
I think I know why you ask about opening books in our tournaments, but you are wrong :?

You can see in the table of the UEL this icon Image after the rating of Arasan 11.0. It means that only 126 games are rated. The rating is the result of these 126 games, neither more nor less.

Regards,
Patrick
Thanks Patrick for the detailed answer and particulary the links.....
Thematic tournaments are very interesting for me as they are rare in the computer chess community :D
Regards,
Dr.D
_No one can hit as hard as life.But it ain’t about how hard you can hit.It’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward.How much you can take and keep moving forward….
jdart

Post by jdart »

126 games is not a lot. So you may find this version is weaker or stronger than this preliminary result, with more games.

Arasan has its own opening book and I prefer to use that, but I understand that some testers prefer to use a common book.

I am working on a patch release (11.1) that fixes a couple of bugs. This version also scores a bit higher than 11.0 on my test suites.

--Jon
Le Fou numerique

Hi Jon,

Now Arasan 11.0 played 14 games more and the new rating is 2369.

Regards,
Patrick
Werner
Full name: Werner Schüle

Post by Werner »

Hi,
I do not have enough games but my result show me, version 11.0 is stronger than 10.4 and 10.3 - and with the bugfixes it is perhaps possible to get the strongest Arasan version :)

good luck
Werner
S.Taylor

Post by S.Taylor »

I thought the bes Arasan would be around 2500-2600.