Question for Ed Shroder

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Albert Silver

Re: Question for Ed Shroder

Post by Albert Silver »

hgm wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 10:48 pm Surely the creation of a new forum on computer chess is relevant for our community? Especially since the OP claimed it is a "better forum". Who wouldn't like a better forum?

And what is this silly talk about 'insults'? I just reported what you yourself (and Brendan) posted there. Are you now claiming your own postings are an insult to yourself?
Guys, guys. Peace. Let us not get dragged down to the level of shininess of others.
"Tactics are the bricks and sticks that make up a game, but positional play is the architectural blueprint."
mwyoung

Post by mwyoung »

hgm wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 10:48 pm Surely the creation of a new forum on computer chess is relevant for our community? Especially since the OP claimed it is a "better forum". Who wouldn't like a better forum?

And what is this silly talk about 'insults'? I just reported what you yourself (and Brendan) posted there. Are you now claiming your own postings are an insult to yourself?

Be careful what you wish for, you may get it. You are getting what you wanted. But not how you wanted it... :lol:

And you are still posting about Ed's shinny new forum I see.

And it is better. Ed's forum works correctly. CCC can not even get their forum's polling option to work anymore, :lol: :lol: :lol:
"The worst thing that can happen to a forum is a running wild attacking moderator(HGM) who is not corrected by the community." - Ed Schröder
But my words like silent raindrops fell. And echoed in the wells of silence.
hgm
Full name: H G Muller

Post by hgm »

And people from Poland cannot login here. As I said before, I would not be against moving TalkChess to another host, where we would have root access and can upgrade our own software. The sevice isn't all that great here. It is free, but that is about the only attraction.

We do have FEN and PGN posting here, though. Ed still didn't install that on the ProDeo forum. I suppose that is just a matter of time. If he doesn't manage, though, you can always ask me; I have some pretty nice scripts for that.

I am afraid you are a bit misguided about what I want. I don't see how you could possibly think you would know anything about that in the first place.
mwyoung

Post by mwyoung »

hgm wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 11:32 pm And people from Poland cannot login here. As I said before, I would not be against moving to another host, where we would have root access and can upgrade our own software. The sevice isn't all that great here.

We do have FEN and PGN posting here, though. Ed still didn't install that on the ProDeo forum. I suppose that is just a matter of time. If he doesn't manage, though, you can always ask me; I have some pretty nice stuff for that.

I am afraid you are a bit misguided about what I want. I don't see how you could possibly think you would know anything about that in the first place.
You can post games, and diagrams now. And you can inbed videos...and it will only get better!
"The worst thing that can happen to a forum is a running wild attacking moderator(HGM) who is not corrected by the community." - Ed Schröder
hgm

Post by hgm »

Can you? I didn't see any. Can you give a link to a posted game?
mclane
Full name: Thorsten Czub

Post by mclane »

Stay at CCC. It’s better for you,
What seems like a fairy tale today may be reality tomorrow.
Here we have a fairy tale of the day after tomorrow....
mwyoung

Post by mwyoung »

hgm wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 11:46 pm Can you? I didn't see any. Can you give a link to a posted game?
https://prodeo.actieforum.com/t19-online-diagram

https://prodeo.actieforum.com/t57-live- ... 32-threads
hgm

Post by hgm »

That is just an external image, hosted off-site, which first has to be prepared elsewhere, right? Nothing like the FEN button we have here.

And the second link (is that supposed to be the game?) is just a video on youtube, which doesn't even work when you try to play it.

Not impressive...
mwyoung

Post by mwyoung »

hgm wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 12:15 am That is just an external image, hosted off-site, which first has to be prepared elsewhere, right? Nothing like the FEN button we have here.

And the second link (is that supposed to be the game?) is just a video on youtube, which doesn't even work when you try to play it.

Not impressive...
Yes stay at CCC! It is best for you.

You can post games and diagrams, and videos now. And this is starting out.

And look everyone at this option. Remember this from the old days at CCC. :lol:

https://prodeo.actieforum.com/t58-world ... ngines#381
Albert Silver

Post by Albert Silver »

mwyoung wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 12:33 am
hgm wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 12:15 am That is just an external image, hosted off-site, which first has to be prepared elsewhere, right? Nothing like the FEN button we have here.

Not impressive...
Yes stay at CCC! It is best for you.

You can post games and diagrams, and videos now. And this is starting out.

And look everyone at this option. Remember this from the old days at CCC. :lol:

https://prodeo.actieforum.com/t58-world ... ngines#381
So I went to your link of the new super forum, and must say it did not remind me of the old days at CCC:

"Tactics are the bricks and sticks that make up a game, but positional play is the architectural blueprint."