Bypassing Fritz's Intro Screen

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

James Constance

Bypassing Fritz's Intro Screen

Post by James Constance »

Is it possible to set up a shortcut that bypasses the intro screen in Fritz 11 to go either to the main program or to Playchess?

Thanks!
Charles B.

Re: Bypassing Fritz's Intro Screen

Post by Charles B. »

For Fritz 8 and 9 this works for me, maybe for 11 too? I got it from a web page some time back.

In the start menu shortcut, this is in the Properties Target: field.

"C:\Program Files\ChessBase\ChessProgram8\ChessProgram8.exe" -engine

note the "-engine" entry at the end. This causes it to bypass the start screen and go directly to the program. I don't know about the Playchess site. And maybe it doesn't work for Fritz 11.
James Constance

Thanks, Charles, but this doesn't seem to work for Fritz 11.
Andre

Post by Andre »

This is not exactly what you're looking for but you can get to Fritz by pressing the space bar... pressing the enter bar get you to playchess... But you need to do that at the splash screen
James Constance

Andre wrote:This is not exactly what you're looking for but you can get to Fritz by pressing the space bar... pressing the enter bar get you to playchess... But you need to do that at the splash screen
Thanks. Interesting tip!
F.Huber

Post by F.Huber »

James Constance wrote:Is it possible to set up a shortcut that bypasses the intro screen in Fritz 11 to go either to the main program or to Playchess?
Try this one:
http://fhub.110mb.com/temp/Fritz.zip

Unzip it, put Fritz.exe into your ChessProgram11 folder and change your Fritz11 shortcut to point to this Fritz.exe.
(if you want a shortcut for the playchess server then just append the parameter "login" to this shortcut)

I've written this tool quite long ago, but it should work for all Fritz versions from 7 to 12.

Regards,
Franz
meschle

Post by meschle »

F.Huber wrote:
James Constance wrote:Is it possible to set up a shortcut that bypasses the intro screen in Fritz 11 to go either to the main program or to Playchess?
Try this one:
http://fhub.110mb.com/temp/Fritz.zip

Unzip it, put Fritz.exe into your ChessProgram11 folder and change your Fritz11 shortcut to point to this Fritz.exe.
(if you want a shortcut for the playchess server then just append the parameter "login" to this shortcut)

I've written this tool quite long ago, but it should work for all Fritz versions from 7 to 12.

Franz
Thanks franz - i can confirm it works in fritz 11 :)
Regards Mark

Quad Q6600 3.0 Ghz, Vista 64bit, 4gb Ram
F.Huber

Post by F.Huber »

meschle wrote: Thanks franz - i can confirm it works in fritz 11 :)
That's good! :D

When I wrote the first version of this tool Fritz 12 was of course still far away, but now ...
Maybe I should change the line which scans the Fritz versions to
"for version := 7 to 20"
This would make it even more future-proof. :mrgreen:
VP

Post by VP »

I know it is a false positive, but when I tried to extract Fritz.exe, this is the warning that I got:

McAfee has automatically blocked and removed a Trojan.

About this Trojan
Detected: Generic.ca (Trojan), Generic.ca (Trojan)

Trojans appear as legitimate programs but can damage valuable files, disrupt performance, and allow unauthorized access to your computer.
Best Regards,

Varun

-What most people need to learn in life is how to love people and use things instead of using people and loving things.
James Constance

F.Huber wrote: http://fhub.110mb.com/temp/Fritz.zip

Regards,
Franz
Thanks - it works for me too.