Nice post in Rybka forum

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Graham Banks

Nice post in Rybka forum

Post by Graham Banks »

http://rybkaforum.net/cgi-bin/rybkaforu ... ?tid=14752

All along I suspected that the end game of these crooks was to turn a profit. I suppose they got a little antsy with the members over on Talkchess in not giving them their free ticket to ride quick enough-so they tipped their hand with Toby-Tal.

Oh! Did they tell you that they want to remain anonymous! This is one and the same chess engine! Some one on this forum hit the nail on the head when they said that Toby-Tal was just a knock off of Deleted up for sale. These guys are nothing more than white collar crooks posing as Commies-what a joke!
gbanksnz at gmail.com
Harvey Williamson
Full name: Harvey Williamson

Re: Nice post in Rybka forum

Post by Harvey Williamson »

Graham Banks wrote:http://rybkaforum.net/cgi-bin/rybkaforu ... ?tid=14752

All along I suspected that the end game of these crooks was to turn a profit. I suppose they got a little antsy with the members over on Talkchess in not giving them their free ticket to ride quick enough-so they tipped their hand with Toby-Tal.

Oh! Did they tell you that they want to remain anonymous! This is one and the same chess engine! Some one on this forum hit the nail on the head when they said that Toby-Tal was just a knock off of Deleted up for sale. These guys are nothing more than white collar crooks posing as Commies-what a joke!
I heard from a good source that it was just a renamed R3.exe - still adds up to the same it was an engine copy.
Last edited by Harvey Williamson on Fri Jan 08, 2010 10:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sockmonkey

Post by sockmonkey »

That anyone over the age of 13 actually buys into the communist rhetoric is deeply disturbing. Is the red scare back?

The fallacious assumption that tobychess.com and the Ippoleague are in cahoots is ridiculous. Presumably tobychess is paying a developer big bucks to work on TobyTal, without realizing that they're just being fed someone else's code (although this is still unverified -- people are really quick to jump to conclusions around here! We don't know if a) TT is RL or b) RL is derived from anything else).

The only thing nice about this post are the pretty italics you used. The rest of it is unsubstantiated speculation and boorish attitude.

Jeremy
Graham Banks

Post by Graham Banks »

Harvey Williamson wrote:

I heard from a good source that it was just a copy of R3 - still adds up to the same though.
Try telling that to some people here though and all they do is scream "show us your proof!".
A bit like stealing a cake and eating it, then holding up their hands and denying everything. :wink: :lol:
gbanksnz at gmail.com
sockmonkey

Post by sockmonkey »

Graham Banks wrote:
Harvey Williamson wrote:

I heard from a good source that it was just a copy of R3 - still adds up to the same though.
Try telling that to some people here though and all they do is scream "show us your proof!".
A bit like stealing a cake and eating it, then holding up their hands and denying everything. :wink: :lol:
It = TobyTal in Harvey's post, I believe. It evaluates identically to RL, and quite differently from R3, though, so that seems unlikely.

Jeremy
Alexander Schmidt

Post by Alexander Schmidt »

When someone want to make some money with a clone, why the hell should he release the sourcecode before that?

He could release a version for free and sell it later.

It is more likely that someone else took the code without license and tried to make some fast money with it. As long as noone can proof that it is a illegal clone, it is even legal.
Alexander Schmidt

Post by Alexander Schmidt »

Graham Banks wrote:Try telling that to some people here though and all they do is scream "show us your proof!".
And because Harvey has a good source that says it is Rybka, we all must believe it?

Well, it plays not Rybka's moves, but Robbos.

You shouldn't believe all rumors...

http://talkchess.com/forum/viewtopic.ph ... 55&t=31553
Dr.Wael Deeb

Post by Dr.Wael Deeb »

Alexander Schmidt wrote:
When someone want to make some money with a clone, why the hell should he release the sourcecode before that?

He could release a version for free and sell it later.

It is more likely that someone else took the code without license and tried to make some fast money with it. As long as noone can proof that it is a illegal clone, it is even legal.
My thoughts exactly Alexander 8-)
Dr.D
_No one can hit as hard as life.But it ain’t about how hard you can hit.It’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward.How much you can take and keep moving forward….
Harvey Williamson
Full name: Harvey Williamson

Post by Harvey Williamson »

Alexander Schmidt wrote:
Graham Banks wrote:Try telling that to some people here though and all they do is scream "show us your proof!".
And because Harvey has a good source that says it is Rybka, we all must believe it?

Well, it plays not Rybka's moves, but Robbos.

You shouldn't believe all rumors...

http://talkchess.com/forum/viewtopic.ph ... 55&t=31553
Does it matter which it is - seems like a con to get our money.
Graham Banks

Post by Graham Banks »

Fresh off the press - new Iggorit anthem (adapted from Slavik's signature):

Fullforce for Deception,
Fullforce in Igorrit!
Fullforce with all the suckers,
Fullforce we all embarrass ourselves.
I-G-N-O-R-A-N-T!

:lol: :lol: :lol:
gbanksnz at gmail.com