MODDING OPEN SOURCE ENGINES

Discussion of chess software programming and technical issues.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

AlexChess
Full name: Alex Morales

Re: MODDING OPEN SOURCE ENGINES

Post by AlexChess »

hgm wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 8:25 am Well, so you have announced your plans, and we are all curious whether you will be able to achieve anything. But don't post again on this unless you are ready to release your improvements. Declaring intentions is not 'programming', and if you are going to focus only on that, you are posting in the wrong section.
Obviously it will take time, I'm doing regression tests locally playing blitz games between my modded versions and the originals. If I get some improvement I will nothify it here. But I wil also post lines of code, so I think this is the right section of the forum.
Chess engines and dedicated chess computers fan since 1981 :D Mac mini M1 8GB-256GB, Windows 11 & Ubuntu ARM64.
ProteusSF Dev Forum TROLLS KINDERGARTEN
AlexChess

Post by AlexChess »

Annuncing PRIVATE Ethereal Proteus-NNUE
(based on Andrew Grant's GPLv3 Ethereal 12.69 with Stockfish NNUE)

Since on my tests the older version with NNUE is better than the actual Ethereal 14.32 github, I have choosen the first for my mods.

My purpose is to study the code of a PRO, sharing it under GPLv3 ONLY if I will get interesting improvements.
I'll publish code snippets here, my offline results on Superblitz BanksiaGUI topic and LIVE games on LICHESS ONLINE CHESS GAMES

Last edited by AlexChess on Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:11 am, edited 2 times in total.
Chess engines and dedicated chess computers fan since 1981 :D Mac mini M1 8GB-256GB, Windows 11 & Ubuntu ARM64.
Guenther
Full name: Guenther Simon

Post by Guenther »

AlexChess wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:45 am Annuncing PRIVATE Ethereal Proteus-NNUE

Announcing a private garden party for invited computerchess developers in May! Invitations may come soon!
It's a pleasure to announce it here.
https://rwbc-chess.de

trollwatch:
Talkchess nowadays is a joke - it is full of trolls/idiots/people stuck in the pleistocene > 80% of the posts fall into this category...
AndrewGrant
Full name: Andrew Grant

Post by AndrewGrant »

AlexChess wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:45 am Annuncing PRIVATE Ethereal Proteus-NNUE

Since on my tests the older version with NNUE is better than the actual Ethereal 14.32 github, I have choosen the first for my mods.

My purpose is to study the code of a PRO, sharing it under GPLv3 ONLY if I will get interesting improvements.
I'll publish code snippets here, my offline results on Superblitz BanksiaGUI topic and LIVE games on LICHESS ONLINE CHESS GAMES

Have fun losing tons of games with Ethereal.
#WeAreAllDraude #JusticeForDraude #RememberDraude #LeptirBigUltra
"Those who can't do, clone instead" - Eduard ( A real life friend, not this forum's Eduard )
AlexChess

Post by AlexChess »

WOW! Ethereal Proteus-NNUE compiles perfectly even on Mac Apple Silicon M1!!!
I will use 8 CPU for my tests on Lichess.org (I'm opening a new account just for it)