POLL - CCC logo

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

What logo do you prefer?

Poll ended at Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:11 pm

Logo 1
6%
Logo 2
17%
Logo 3
11%
Logo 4
7%
Logo 5
37%
Logo 6
No votes
Logo 7
17%
no logo - not needed
No votes
no logo - didn't like them
6%

Total votes: 54

Wilhelm
Full name: Wilhelm HUDETZ

POLL - CCC logo

Post by Wilhelm »

As Srdja means I start a poll for the logos. After that he can decide to use one or not. You can choose two options.

1) Image 2) Image 3) Image 4) Image
5) Image 6) Image 7) Image
Ryzen 5900x, 64GB Ram, RTX3080, 2x 2TB SSD, 1x 1TB SSD, 1x 2TB HDD, all custom watercooled, Win10 and Win7 Multiboot, Win98/Windows Millennium/WinXP virtual machines for 16bit
Retro Chess Chessmasterhttps://descent.at/files/
towforce

Re: POLL - CCC logo

Post by towforce »

If you cannot spot the difference between (2) and (5), you're not intelligent enough to belong to the club! :)
Writing is the antidote to confusion.
It's not "how smart you are", it's "how are you smart".
Your brain doesn't work the way you want, so train it!
AdminX

Post by AdminX »

They are all nice, #3 and #5 were my favs. :D
"Good decisions come from experience, and experience comes from bad decisions."
Full name: Srdja Matovic

Post by smatovic »

They are all cool, I guess the final decision is up to the founders, but I am willing to implement it on the site, or alike.

--
Srdja
chrisw

Post by chrisw »

smatovic wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:54 pm They are all cool, I guess the final decision is up to the founders, but I am willing to implement it on the site, or alike.

--
Srdja
It’s not a club though, not in the actual sense of the word. Computer Chess Forum would always have been better. Forum was the choice of the original founders, iirc, it was the shop owner who wanted the “club” thing.
Harald

Post by Harald »

I like number 4 or number 5 but both with some changes.

In logo number 4 close the upper left border. Then optionally add the words "Computer Chess Club"
on the upper left side (left aligned) or upper right side (right aligned) in the font of logo 3.
That should fit nicely to the main logo shape.

In logo number 5 also close the upper left border. And I don't like the overlapping of the graphic with the text.
Set them apart a little. These two parts could then be used together or just standalone.

The world map is too much overload for the logo. And it does not match the style of the rest.
PaulieD

Post by PaulieD »

PaulieD wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 12:32 pm Image

This one #5, and finish connecting the top left grey colored side so that the perimeter is continuous.
Ajedrecista

Re: POLL - CCC logo.

Post by Ajedrecista »

Hello:

I am not even sure we need a logo, but once here, I prefer being constructive.
Harald wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 5:11 pm I like number 4 or number 5 but both with some changes.

In logo number 4 close the upper left border. Then optionally add the words "Computer Chess Club"
on the upper left side (left aligned) or upper right side (right aligned) in the font of logo 3.
That should fit nicely to the main logo shape.

In logo number 5 also close the upper left border. And I don't like the overlapping of the graphic with the text.
Set them apart a little. These two parts could then be used together or just standalone.

The world map is too much overload for the logo. And it does not match the style of the rest.
PaulieD wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:13 pm
PaulieD wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 12:32 pm Image

This one #5, and finish connecting the top left grey colored side so that the perimeter is continuous.
My two cents: the notch in the upper left side of the perimeter might want to look like a microprocessor? Like the notch at the bottom of this image:

User lithander already thinks it is a CPU. If that, it could be interesting to replace the world map of the background of 3), 6) and 7) with a simplified background of a microchip, like the wires outside the central square of the following image:

I mean, something like 1), 2) or 3), but expanding the green background with some wires like the image above. That could connect computer (the microprocessor and the wires) and chess (the knight and the 2×2 board), which are part of the meaning of CCC.

I am a supporter of simple, not overloaded logos, with the aim of making it easy to remember, reproduce and relate it to the brand. There is no need to draw a gazillion wires, neither being uber realistic.

Regards from Spain.

Ajedrecista.
towforce

Re: POLL - CCC logo.

Post by towforce »

Ajedrecista wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:36 pmImage

Good idea! The CPU in this schematic is square like a chess square, and could have the black knight on it - closely connecting the game with the technology.
Writing is the antidote to confusion.
It's not "how smart you are", it's "how are you smart".
Your brain doesn't work the way you want, so train it!
Wilhelm
Full name: Wilhelm HUDETZ

Post by Wilhelm »

Using a graphic from the net for a official logo is not a good idea because of copyright. You need permissions from the owner to do so. Best way is always use owen created graphics.
Everyone can create a logo that fits his owen preferences and post it here to have a greater selection. Feel free to do so :)

Wilhelm
Ryzen 5900x, 64GB Ram, RTX3080, 2x 2TB SSD, 1x 1TB SSD, 1x 2TB HDD, all custom watercooled, Win10 and Win7 Multiboot, Win98/Windows Millennium/WinXP virtual machines for 16bit
Retro Chess Chessmasterhttps://descent.at/files/