Arena 3.5.1 - Autoplayer

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Krzysztof Grzelak

Arena 3.5.1 - Autoplayer

Post by Krzysztof Grzelak »

I have a question. Please write how to properly play a match between two computers in the Arena 3.5.1.
Daniel Anulliero

Re: Arena 3.5.1 - Autoplayer

Post by Daniel Anulliero »

clic the menu engines then sub menu tournament
Krzysztof Grzelak

Please provide a more accurate example of how the match play on two separate computers.
Nordlandia

Post by Nordlandia »

How to make autoplayer work anno 2016

1. Null Modem Cable

2. Two "RS232 to USB Converts"

Autoplayer is obsolete but still working.

hgm
Full name: H G Muller

Post by hgm »

Nordlandia wrote:Autoplayer is obsolete but still working.
The problem is that you need a lot of extra hardware (that has no other useful functions) to connect computers that already have the possibility to connect to each other through their built-in WiFi adapters. Normally these WiFi adapters would already be in use to set up a network, and the computers could communicate through that. (Or through an ethernet cable, if they are connected to the network gateway through that.) Even the WiFi would normally be unused you can set up aWiFi subnet between the computers by configuring one of them as router/DNS.
Krzysztof Grzelak

Nordlandia wrote:How to make autoplayer work anno 2016

1. Null Modem Cable

2. Two "RS232 to USB Converts"

Autoplayer is obsolete but still working.

So I understand that I need two cables type RS232 to USB Converts. And nothing more. I ask because I have to buy two cables.
hgm

Post by hgm »

One cable, and two converts:

Computer A <---> Convert <---> cable <---> Convert <---> Computer B

And the cable needs to be a 'null-modem cable'. (RS232 cables come in two flavors: normal ones and null modems,where the latter cross the receive and send threads, so that send of one end connects to receive of the other.)
Krzysztof Grzelak

hgm wrote:One cable, and two converts:

Computer A <---> Convert <---> cable <---> Convert <---> Computer B

And the cable needs to be a 'null-modem cable'. (RS232 cables come in two flavors: normal ones and null modems,where the latter cross the receive and send threads, so that send of one end connects to receive of the other.)

Can you give a picture of one cable and converte. Nor do I know whether this cable is suitable - available on the website http://allegro.pl/ShowItem2.php?item=55 ... cket_id=16
hgm

Post by hgm »

The picture is already there. The converts are the silvery cables with bluish connectors on both ends. The null-modem cable is the gray one.

I cannot read Polish, but the picture in the link you gave does like an RS232-USB Convert (and actually the same one as used in the picture above).
Krzysztof Grzelak

hgm wrote:The picture is already there. The converts are the silvery cables with bluish connectors on both ends. The null-modem cable is the gray one.

I cannot read Polish, but the picture in the link you gave does like an RS232-USB Convert (and actually the same one as used in the picture above).
And you can write as accurately called the gray cable, because it'll also have to buy.