EXchess v7.88 Released

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

dchoman

EXchess v7.88 Released

Post by dchoman »

Hi Everyone,

A new version of EXchess, v7.88b, is now available from...

https://sites.google.com/site/experimentalchessprogram/

Many small changes to the code. My best guess is a 10-20 elo improvement in playing strength from self-play games, with perhaps another 10 for cases with 4 or more cores, but that is harder for me to measure well. The program now uses singular moves to adjust time allocation, and can even move instantly upon occasion (if the opponent made the expected move and the reply was 'singular' in the previous search).

- Dan
dchoman

Re: EXchess v7.88 Released

Post by dchoman »

Oh, I should add that EXchess can now use up to 32 cores (the previous limit was 16). This upper limit is hardwired into the program. I modified the readme.txt file to reflect this. The LIMIT_THREADS parameter is now no longer used, for those who may have used that in the past.
dchoman wrote:Hi Everyone,

Many small changes to the code. My best guess is a 10-20 elo improvement in playing strength from self-play games, with perhaps another 10 for cases with 4 or more cores, but that is harder for me to measure well. The program now uses singular moves to adjust time allocation, and can even move instantly upon occasion (if the opponent made the expected move and the reply was 'singular' in the previous search).

- Dan
Graham Banks

Post by Graham Banks »

- Dan
Thanks Dan.
EXchess is always interesting. :)
gbanksnz at gmail.com
Dann Corbit

Post by Dann Corbit »

Really happy to see a new release.
Keep up the innovation.
Your pioneering of the Lazy SMP thread stuff has really set the chess programming world on its ear.
Taking ideas is not a vice, it is a virtue. We have another word for this. It is called learning.
But sharing ideas is an even greater virtue. We have another word for this. It is called teaching.
carldaman

Post by carldaman »

- Dan
Thanks Dan,
Happy New Year! :D
CL
Frank Quisinsky
Full name: Frank Quisinsky

Post by Frank Quisinsky »

Hi Dan,

EXchess have a very nice playing style. People able to see that will like EXchess directly.

So fans of EXchess can celebrate each new version.

Thanks for EXchess!
Have a nice new year!

Best
Frank
Jamal Bubker

Post by Jamal Bubker »

Thanks very much Daniel for this new release :D
Sylwy
Full name: SilvianR

Re: My test

Post by Sylwy »