New Shredder information?

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Robert Flesher

New Shredder information?

Post by Robert Flesher »

I am wondering if anyone has been speaking with Stephan about the new Shredder we have seen playing in a recent tournament? Is there plans for a commercial release :?:
Frank Quisinsky
Full name: Frank Quisinsky

Re: New Shredder information?

Post by Frank Quisinsky »

Hi Robert,

I had last week a short contact to Stefan (I gave him some ideas for opening book Features).

He is working on his engine since a while with full power, release date unclear for me.

If you like ...
Clemens Keck used a beta version for one of his great tourneys.

Results can be found here:
http://clemens-keck.de/final.htm

It seems Elo could go (for my list) around over 3.100 ... could be place three or better ... let us wait of the release.

Best
Frank
Ozymandias

Post by Ozymandias »

Thx for the link, I didn't know Shredder was aiming for number 3. Most promising engine release, since Komodo 8 came out.
FriedmannC

Post by FriedmannC »

Hi, can someone please post a link for downloading the games? Looking 4ward to the new Shredder https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d0YvTnpPw4I
Robert Flesher

Post by Robert Flesher »

Thanks!
MikeB

Post by MikeB »

Robert Flesher wrote:I am wondering if anyone has been speaking with Stephan about the new Shredder we have seen playing in a recent tournament? Is there plans for a commercial release :?:
Was in direct contact via email with Stephan, a planned 2016 release. From what I heard , it will be a significant release. No set date, sort of like when it's done , it will be release.