where can I make my engine play against human?

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

elcabesa

where can I make my engine play against human?

Post by elcabesa »

I'd like to test my engin against some stong human players.

i'm now usong windows and Arena, are there some obnlne server where we it's legal to make the engine ply against humans?

I tried http://www.freechess.org/, but when i register it ask me to state I'm not using an engine.
thank you for your help
jdart

Re: where can I make my engine play against human?

Post by jdart »

FICS (freechess.org) will let you register a computer account. Register as a human (you will need a human account there), then see "help computer_app".

--Jon
velmarin

Post by velmarin »

One year ago, Albert Silver put this offer to Playchess to consider:

http://www.talkchess.com/forum/viewtopi ... =playchess

In FICS with Arena as you can connect computer in GUESS mode.

Everywhere have problems
human players want to play against the motor.
elcabesa

Post by elcabesa »

I forgot about Albert Silver/chessbase offer :)
I'll try to send him a message :)
thank you all
phenri

Post by phenri »

elcabesa wrote:I'd like to test my engin against some stong human players.

i'm now usong windows and Arena, are there some obnlne server where we it's legal to make the engine ply against humans?

I tried http://www.freechess.org/, but when i register it ask me to state I'm not using an engine.
thank you for your help
The best way to play against human is freechess as guest and maybe as registred computer (C).

Playchess is not a good idea because you'll essentially play against engines, very few people come into the computer room.
M ANSARI

Post by M ANSARI »

Unfortunately very few strong chess players are sadists! If arguably the strongest human blitz player on a computer interface thinks he has no chance against a strong engine anymore (Nakamura), then it would be very unlikely that you would get many strong humans to play against your engine unless there was a financial incentive for their pain. There was a time where the very strongest humans still could compete (I remember Kasparov winning several games against Hiarcs on Playchess), but the software and hardware improvement are so huge now that humans simply have no chance. Sure you might find some that try and close the position and try to draw or win by using time lag or repetition ... but few strong players would want to play "real" chess against an engine. Besides, if someone wanted to play a chess engine he could just do it at home on his computer, no need to get humiliated online in public! Even a single core engine of the top 20 free engines would crush the strongest human.
elcabesa

Post by elcabesa »

I have sent a mail a week ago to computers@freechess.org but no response so far, can I contact someone? is it normal?
pocopito

Post by pocopito »

Hi Marco

I have a computer account a freechess and I think that they toke their time to answer when I asked for it; I guess that several weeks actually.

Best

Emilio
Two first meanings of the dutch word "leren":
1. leren [vc] (learn, larn, acquire) acquire or gain knowledge or skills.
2. leren [v] (teach, learn, instruct) impart skills or knowledge to.
Father
Full name: Pablo Ignacio Restrepo

Playchess is the place. Take care with the envy ...

Post by Father »

Marco,
Playchess engine room is the place where you can test your engine playing against other engines and find a human tester that know how to play chess against chess computers more than Nakamura and many of the top chess human beings masters. Just ask for father, grand-father. I am sure he will help you.
You does not need chickens with Fide tittle or chickens strong humans beings chess players for testing your engine.
You ned masters, strong or not strong chess humans beings players, that know how to play chess against computers, and people that have no lose their courage fighting computers.
But take care with strong chess players that have done matches of man versus machine only for marketing and money. All of them have eraser the real information about the man versus machine to the human being race.
Take care with the hipocrecy and envy, kings of a false world.
Best regards,
A human being user from playchess.com
I am thinking chess is in a coin.Human beings for ever playing in one face.Now I am playing in the other face:"Antichess". Computers are as a fortres where owner forgot to close a little door behind. You must enter across this door.Forget the front.
Henk

Post by Henk »

So is there a simple way to test my chess program against humans.
I mean without:

- cheating
- asking other people for help
- waiting for weeks until you get an account

For humans play much different than computers and do better in closed positions or just positional play. Playing against humans is sometimes more fun too for instance if there rating is above 1900 or 2000 ELO.