CCT 16 - Participants

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Peter Skinner
Full name: Peter Skinner

CCT 16 - Participants

Post by Peter Skinner »

Hello everyone,

As many of you know, CCT 16 is set to kick off January 25, 2014 on HGM's Server.

Registration IS open and the first to register is:

The Baron by Richard Pijl.

http://www.cctchess.com

Peter Skinner
CCT TD
I was kicked out of Chapters because I moved all the Bibles to the fiction section.
velmarin

Re: CCT 16 - Participants

Post by velmarin »

What happened to your ads.
Water for cooking vegetables

Another tournament with more censorship, good luck and thanks.

http://www.talkchess.com/forum/viewtopi ... hlight=cct
http://www.talkchess.com/forum/viewtopi ... w=&start=0

Code: Select all

Before the barrage of questions regarding Houdini, yes it will be able to play. This isn't a CCT event where it is restricted only to original authors. 

This event has one simple goal: To crown the strongest program as Champion in the same style FIDE would crown their Champion. 
Peter Skinner

Post by Peter Skinner »

This is the yearly CCT tournament that has always been for original authors, so I don't see the issue.

Peter
I was kicked out of Chapters because I moved all the Bibles to the fiction section.
mvk

Post by mvk »

Peter Skinner wrote:This is the yearly CCT tournament that has always been for original authors, so I don't see the issue.

Peter
Can you elaborate on the requirement set in 8(ii) and 8(iii)? Are they applicable if 8(i) is already met?
[Account deleted]
Peter Skinner

Post by Peter Skinner »

mvk wrote:
Peter Skinner wrote:This is the yearly CCT tournament that has always been for original authors, so I don't see the issue.

Peter
Can you elaborate on the requirement set in 8(ii) and 8(iii)? Are they applicable if 8(i) is already met?
No. If 8.1 is met, 8.2 and 8.3 are not needed. I've made some notes to reflect this. Thanks fro pointing it out as it was confusing.

Peter
michiguel

Post by michiguel »

Peter Skinner wrote:
mvk wrote:

Peter
No. If 8.1 is met, 8.2 and 8.3 are not needed. I've made some notes to reflect this. Thanks fro pointing it out as it was confusing.

Peter
I do not know whether this is possible, but I suggest to have 2 minutes between rounds (even if everybody finished). That allows even the last engines to finish to log off if some changes are needed. There were problems in the past when someone needed to log off to activate/deactivate book or some wrong setting between rounds, and since the game already started automatically, a disconnection was charged. The new game looked awkward because books changed. People complained because it looked like the author changed books in the middle of the game but that was not the intention, which was clearly honest. I might be wrong, but I seem to recall it was Marcel, who seems to be reading this thread.

Miguel
hgm
Full name: H G Muller

Post by hgm »

I did equip mamer on my ICS with a 'pause' function, so it should be possible to arrange this if the mamer opperator intervenes in every round to pause mamer, and resume it only when everyone is ready.

I could of course try to add a mamer parameter to make it pause for a certain time automatically, but I cannot guarantee I could make that work. (Normally mamer is not time-aware, but is driven by ICS events.)
mvk

Post by mvk »

michiguel wrote:
Peter Skinner wrote:
mvk wrote:

Peter

Peter
I do not know whether this is possible, but I suggest to have 2 minutes between rounds (even if everybody finished). That allows even the last engines to finish to log off if some changes are needed. There were problems in the past when someone needed to log off to activate/deactivate book or some wrong setting between rounds, and since the game already started automatically, a disconnection was charged. The new game looked awkward because books changed. People complained because it looked like the author changed books in the middle of the game but that was not the intention, which was clearly honest. I might be wrong, but I seem to recall it was Marcel, who seems to be reading this thread.

Miguel
I don't recall such happening. If I want to change something, I normally issue a 'softquit' command to icsdrone, such that it disconnects right after the game and before any new game is started (and certainly no moves can be made).

But the proposal is good nonetheless.
[Account deleted]
Peter Skinner

Post by Peter Skinner »

michiguel wrote: I do not know whether this is possible, but I suggest to have 2 minutes between rounds (even if everybody finished). That allows even the last engines to finish to log off if some changes are needed. There were problems in the past when someone needed to log off to activate/deactivate book or some wrong setting between rounds, and since the game already started automatically, a disconnection was charged. The new game looked awkward because books changed. People complained because it looked like the author changed books in the middle of the game but that was not the intention, which was clearly honest. I might be wrong, but I seem to recall it was Marcel, who seems to be reading this thread.

Miguel
This was already in the plans.

Mamer has the option to manually process rounds (At least the FICS version does), so it's easy to add a few seconds delay.

Peter
Peter Skinner

Post by Peter Skinner »

hgm wrote:I did equip mamer on my ICS with a 'pause' function, so it should be possible to arrange this if the mamer opperator intervenes in every round to pause mamer, and resume it only when everyone is ready.

I could of course try to add a mamer parameter to make it pause for a certain time automatically, but I cannot guarantee I could make that work. (Normally mamer is not time-aware, but is driven by ICS events.)
No need to auto engage it. I'm assuming I'm still an operator for Mamer on the server? I can pause between rounds, as I will need to update the website and what not.

Peter