Deep Junior Yokohama

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Graham Banks

Deep Junior Yokohama

Post by Graham Banks »

I hope that Amir and Shay don't mind me posting this:

The 2013 World Computer Chess Champion, Deep Junior Yokohama version is now available as a free update for existing PC Deep Junior 13 customers!

The update includes both 32 and 64 bit versions and can be found on our PC Deep Junior download page:
http://www.hiarcs.com/dj13/pc-chess-junior-download.htm

Deep Junior Yokohama is compatible with HIARCS Chess Explorer and other quality UCI chess GUIs. Engine match testing under HIARCS Chess Explorer and other GUIs has indicated Deep Junior Yokohama is a significant strength improvement over Deep Junior 13.3 against other engines at longer time controls. The engine is particularly effective on fast many core machines (up to 40 cores can be utilised) and at long time controls.
gbanksnz at gmail.com
gleperlier

Re: Deep Junior Yokohama

Post by gleperlier »

Super news :) I just downloaded it :wink:
gleperlier

Post by gleperlier »

Hello,

There is a little messup in the jr13.bin book. After 1.e4 d6* Junior is thinking and of course plays 2.Nf3*

Best wishes,

Gab
Uri Blass

Post by Uri Blass »

Graham Banks wrote:I hope that Amir and Shay don't mind me posting this:

The 2013 World Computer Chess Champion, Deep Junior Yokohama version is now available as a free update for existing PC Deep Junior 13 customers!

The update includes both 32 and 64 bit versions and can be found on our PC Deep Junior download page:

Deep Junior Yokohama is compatible with HIARCS Chess Explorer and other quality UCI chess GUIs. Engine match testing under HIARCS Chess Explorer and other GUIs has indicated Deep Junior Yokohama is a significant strength improvement over Deep Junior 13.3 against other engines at longer time controls. The engine is particularly effective on fast many core machines (up to 40 cores can be utilised) and at long time controls.

Too late.
Stage 3 of TCEC already started and that version of Junior is not playing there.
Graham Banks

Post by Graham Banks »

Uri Blass wrote:
Graham Banks wrote:I hope that Amir and Shay don't mind me posting this:

Too late.
Stage 3 of TCEC already started and that version of Junior is not playing there.
Too late for that, yes.
gbanksnz at gmail.com
Sylwy
Full name: SilvianR

Re: Deep Junior Yokohama w32 is not a valid Win XP app !

Post by Sylwy »

SilvianR :wink:
Haikouichthys

Post by Haikouichthys »

So has anyone tested the strength of this thing yet?
Graham Banks

Post by Graham Banks »

Haikouichthys wrote:So has anyone tested the strength of this thing yet?
I've just started a Deep Junior Yokohama 64-bit gauntlet for CCRL 40/40 if you're interested.
A live broadcast is running in TLCV.
Host - GrahamCCRL.dyndns.org Port - 16063
gbanksnz at gmail.com
Ozymandias

Post by Ozymandias »

That will undoubtedly be interesting, but since the authors are claiming that the biggest advances are to be appreciated on big hardware, I think this engine would better benefit from one of your 8CPU tourns.
Graham Banks

Post by Graham Banks »

Ozymandias wrote:That will undoubtedly be interesting, but since the authors are claiming that the biggest advances are to be appreciated on big hardware, I think this engine would better benefit from one of your 8CPU tourns.
Should be interesting to see. :)
gbanksnz at gmail.com