Chess Cloud

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Dragan

Chess Cloud

Post by Dragan »

Use your powerful home desktop machine and engines to analyze chess positions on any smartphone, tablet or laptop with an Internet connection.
No need to wait for the release of your favorite engine for your OS, smartphone or any other device.
No setup needed on your mobile devices since the access is done through the web browser.

https://sites.google.com/site/nebulachess/utilities

Please check the README.txt for the setup instructions. Setup could be tricky for non-technical users, but there is nothing I can do about it.

Enjoy, Dragan
jshriver

Re: Chess Cloud

Post by jshriver »

Interesting concept but alas wasn't able to get it working. Tried in linux first then Windows both using Oracle/Sun Java 1.7 (latest build).

java -cp cc.jar ChessCloud
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NullPointerException
at java.lang.ProcessBuilder.start(Unknown Source)
at d.a(Unknown Source)
at ChessCloud.main(Unknown Source)
Exception in thread "Thread-0" java.lang.NullPointerException
at d.e(Unknown Source)
at a.run(Unknown Source)

Here is the .cce file I tried
command=c:\chess\hagrid\hagrid.exe
Hash=128
Threads=1

Edit: I tried -cp cc.jar and -cp ChessCloud.jar since that is the default name in the rar file, just renamed to cc.jar for the second run.
Dragan

Post by Dragan »

Hi Josh,

Use Command= instead of command=
CCE file is case sensitive.

Also try testing with some reliable engine first. When I run Hagrid in the console, it's not responding to my UCI commands.

Cheers, Dragan
jshriver

Post by jshriver »

Very slick!

Even tried from my Android phone and worked nicely.
If anyone wants a live run view here it is running on my box.

http://72.241.251.110:8888/

Note I won't keep it up and have a dynamic IP but should be good for a day or two.
Dragan

Post by Dragan »

The only thing to note is that it's not multi-user.
Analysis started by one user will be stopped if someone else connects and starts it's own analysis..
But multiple users can follow the same analysis. I may add the admin user in the future so you will be the only one who can start analysis and others can only view it.
jshriver

Post by jshriver »

I can see this being very useful. Back when I played OTB, there were times I would ponder a position after losing a game.

Can see myself now loading that up, having my computer back home do a nice search and maybe reveal how I messed up or a better solution.