ChessUSA.com TalkChess.com
Hosted by Your Move Chess & Games

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

using Popcount and Prefetch with SSE4 hardware support
Post new topic    TalkChess.com Forum Index -> Computer Chess Club: Programming and Technical Discussions Flat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Engin Üstün

PostPost subject: using Popcount and Prefetch with SSE4 hardware support    Posted: Sat May 19, 2012 2:36 pm Reply to topic Reply with quote

hello,

i am really confused todays and dont know what to do with SSE4

i am using Popcount with SSE4 and i get only 1 sec extra speed after a benchmark test from my mashine (AMD Phenom II X6), thats ok, but if i want to try get more speed to use prefetch for the hash tables its look a bit slower then without it.

i do prefetch right after a move is maked, and right before the key is used, nothing helps.

so what is the right place to get a speed up ?

and it seem that on my mashine the SSE4 is working fine and i think on AMD its SSE4.A and not 4.2 like in Intel mashines, some of testing peoples reports me that Tornado SSE4 is crash on his mashine.

are the SSE functions not the same on all mashines ?
Subject Author Date/Time
using Popcount and Prefetch with SSE4 hardware support Engin Üstün Sat May 19, 2012 2:36 pm
      Re: using Popcount and Prefetch with SSE4 hardware support Daniel Shawul Sat May 19, 2012 2:53 pm
            Re: using Popcount and Prefetch with SSE4 hardware support Engin Üstün Sat May 19, 2012 3:05 pm
                  Re: using Popcount and Prefetch with SSE4 hardware support Gerd Isenberg Sat May 19, 2012 4:05 pm
                        Re: using Popcount and Prefetch with SSE4 hardware support Edmund Moshammer Sat May 19, 2012 5:10 pm
                              Re: using Popcount and Prefetch with SSE4 hardware support Gerd Isenberg Sat May 19, 2012 5:31 pm
                                    Re: using Popcount and Prefetch with SSE4 hardware support Engin Üstün Tue May 22, 2012 8:04 pm
                                          Re: using Popcount and Prefetch with SSE4 hardware support Robert Hyatt Wed May 23, 2012 3:41 pm
            Re: using Popcount and Prefetch with SSE4 hardware support Daniel Shawul Tue Jul 10, 2012 12:09 pm
      Re: using Popcount and Prefetch with SSE4 hardware support Ronald de Man Sat May 19, 2012 3:57 pm
            Re: using Popcount and Prefetch with SSE4 hardware support Engin Üstün Sat May 19, 2012 5:54 pm
                  Re: using Popcount and Prefetch with SSE4 hardware support Ronald de Man Sat May 19, 2012 6:17 pm
      Re: using Popcount and Prefetch with SSE4 hardware support Robert Hyatt Sun May 20, 2012 2:51 pm
            Re: using Popcount and Prefetch with SSE4 hardware support Engin Üstün Tue May 22, 2012 7:54 pm
                  Re: using Popcount and Prefetch with SSE4 hardware support Engin Üstün Tue May 22, 2012 7:56 pm
                        Re: using Popcount and Prefetch with SSE4 hardware support Ronald de Man Tue May 22, 2012 8:15 pm
                              Re: using Popcount and Prefetch with SSE4 hardware support Engin Üstün Wed May 23, 2012 10:19 pm
Post new topic    TalkChess.com Forum Index -> Computer Chess Club: Programming and Technical Discussions

Jump to: