CCT 14: Chiron is the Champion!

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Peter Skinner
Full name: Peter Skinner

CCT 14: Chiron is the Champion!

Post by Peter Skinner »

After 6 rounds, Chiron has 5.5 points and can not be caught.

Congratulations to Ubaldo Andrea Farina and Chiron, CCT 14 Champion!

Peter
I was kicked out of Chapters because I moved all the Bibles to the fiction section.
Graham Banks

Re: CCT 14: Chiron is the Champion!

Post by Graham Banks »

Congratulations Ubaldo. Chiron is a fine engine with a very attractive style of play. :)
gbanksnz at gmail.com
Sylwy
Full name: SilvianR

Post by Sylwy »

Congratulations Maestro Ubaldo Farina !

SilvianR :wink:
Werewolf

Post by Werewolf »

Congratulations to Chiron.
Kingghidorah

Post by Kingghidorah »

Congrats dude!
En passant,

Lonnie

"Never be bullied into silence. Never allow yourself to be made a victim. Accept no one's definition of your life; define yourself."

Harvey Fierstein
gerold

Post by gerold »

Peter Skinner wrote:After 6 rounds, Chiron has 5.5 points and can not be caught.

Congratulations to Ubaldo Andrea Farina and Chiron, CCT 14 Champion!

Peter
Thanks to Peter for his time and work on this event.

Congratulation to Chiron the Champion.

Congratulation to all in the tournament.

Best,
Gerold.
lkaufman

Post by lkaufman »

Congratulations to Chiron for a well-deserved victory. I am satisfied with Komodo's shared second place finish, considering that we ran on 1 core for the majority of the games and with a very crude, inefficient MP version on 4 cores for the last three, while most of our serious opposition ran on 6 to 12 cores. We just needed a week or so more to be ready for the event. Also the opening book should never select such a blocked variation as the one chosen in the Chiron game -- it makes the result of the game dependent on very specific details of the engines rather than on their general strength. Even though I didn't work on the book, I should have "proofread" the choices to make sure none like this were included.
tomgdrums

Post by tomgdrums »

lkaufman wrote:Congratulations to Chiron for a well-deserved victory. I am satisfied with Komodo's shared second place finish, considering that we ran on 1 core for the majority of the games and with a very crude, inefficient MP version on 4 cores for the last three, while most of our serious opposition ran on 6 to 12 cores. We just needed a week or so more to be ready for the event. Also the opening book should never select such a blocked variation as the one chosen in the Chiron game -- it makes the result of the game dependent on very specific details of the engines rather than on their general strength. Even though I didn't work on the book, I should have "proofread" the choices to make sure none like this were included.
Larry!

You should have stopped at: "Congratulations to Chiron for a well-deserved victory." That would have been sporting and gentlemanly.

The run on of excuses (all which were under your and Don's control by the way) was unsporting and disingenuous at best.

I love Komodo's analysis now! But your thinly veiled snide and unsportsmanlike posts make it really difficult to want to support you guys.

The two of you have created without a doubt one of the best chess playing entities on the earth! It is a great analysis partner with a cool style! Just be happy about that and keep working it at it. We will keep buying...you don't have to be so snide all the time to convince us of Komodo's worth!
lkaufman

Post by lkaufman »

It's normal after a lost game to look at the reasons for the loss. This does not detract from the play of the winner (which was really good in the Chiron-Komodo game), but no one wins a game in which the opponent makes no mistakes. Anyway, combining the results of the regular and blitz events (which in view of the tiny numbers of games is a reasonable thing to do) Komodo emerged clearly on top, despite the MP situation.
mar
Full name: Martin Sedlak

Post by mar »

Congratulations Ubaldo! :)