Rybka Investigation : Survey Of Evidence

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Adam Hair

Rybka Investigation : Survey Of Evidence

Post by Adam Hair »

The Rybka Investigation: A Survey Of Evidence From Both Perspectives

The purpose of this exposition (which, given its intended neutral position, is most likely
to be quickly forgotten) is to collect, into one place, all evidence presented in this
debate by both sides. The debate has been conducted across at least 3 forums, with the
evidence/counterevidence spread among these forums, the ICGA investigation wiki, the
ChessBase website, Ed Schröder's website, and Mark Watkins' PDF reports. To counteract this
dispersion, I am attempting (perhaps futilely) to bring focus to the debate and to provide
a commentary for the general observer, while remaining neutral. None of the commentary on
the investigation and subsequent debate has provided a neutral point of view, either out of
choice/intent (such as Søren Riis' 4 part rebuttal for ChessBase) or due to the nature of
the commentary (such as Mark Watkins' statements concerning the investigation, given his
role in the investigation).

http://www.mediafire.com/?9928a0drd1xmy9f
towforce

Re: Rybka Investigation : Survey Of Evidence

Post by towforce »

IMO, it would be more useful to organise it as a web page (or web site) with sections and hyperlinks than as a monolithic text file in a 7-zip archive file.
Writing is the antidote to confusion.
It's not "how smart you are", it's "how are you smart".
Your brain doesn't work the way you want, so train it!
AdminX

Post by AdminX »

towforce wrote:IMO, it would be more useful to organise it as a web page (or web site) with sections and hyperlinks than as a monolithic text file in a 7-zip archive file.
At this point just give me a PowerPoint slide showing both sides, as their is to much clutter on the board for me to follow any longer. :roll:
"Good decisions come from experience, and experience comes from bad decisions."

Post by Mike S. »

AdminX wrote:At this point just give me a PowerPoint slide
I wouldn't even have patience for that, anymore. It was like a long, boring boxing fight for a zillion rounds and many years. Now I'm only interested in the final knockout, for one side or the other. Life is too short for this shi...
Regards, Mike
Rebel

Post by Rebel »

Fair article Adam, thank you.
Sven
Full name: Sven Schüle

Post by Sven »

Adam Hair wrote:The Rybka Investigation: A Survey Of Evidence From Both Perspectives
In my opinion this is one of the best contributions ever made to the whole topic. Thank you, Adam!

Sven
natasha

Post by natasha »

Adam Hair wrote:The Rybka Investigation: A Survey Of Evidence From Both Perspectives

The purpose of this exposition (which, given its intended neutral position, is most likely
to be quickly forgotten) is to collect, into one place, all evidence presented in this
debate by both sides. The debate has been conducted across at least 3 forums, with the
evidence/counterevidence spread among these forums, the ICGA investigation wiki, the
ChessBase website, Ed Schröder's website, and Mark Watkins' PDF reports. To counteract this
dispersion, I am attempting (perhaps futilely) to bring focus to the debate and to provide
a commentary for the general observer, while remaining neutral. None of the commentary on
the investigation and subsequent debate has provided a neutral point of view, either out of
choice/intent (such as Søren Riis' 4 part rebuttal for ChessBase) or due to the nature of
the commentary (such as Mark Watkins' statements concerning the investigation, given his
role in the investigation).

Adam with respect given some of your posts on this subject a balanced impartial article by yourself is as believable as this

http://morethanchessagame.forumotion.co ... forum#6086

but benefit of doubt is only fair so we shall give it a look

thank you
Adam Hair

Post by Adam Hair »

towforce wrote:IMO, it would be more useful to organise it as a web page (or web site) with sections and hyperlinks than as a monolithic text file in a 7-zip archive file.
I'm sorry, Paul. That would require a skill set that I have never taken the time to acquire.
Adam Hair

Post by Adam Hair »

Rebel wrote:Fair article Adam, thank you.
Thank you, Ed. My only goal was to represent both sides, as unbiased as possible, in such a way that would help non-programmers such as myself follow the major points of contention. I am pleased that you consider my presentation to be fair.
Adam Hair

Post by Adam Hair »

Sven Schüle wrote:
In my opinion this is one of the best contributions ever made to the whole topic. Thank you, Adam!

Sven
Sven,

I am extremely flattered by your compliment. You are one of the people in the community that I have great respect for (even if I don't always agree with you :) ).

Adam