Help: I need testers for the iOS version of Chess Tiger

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

tiger

Help: I need testers for the iOS version of Chess Tiger

Post by tiger »

If you have an Apple iOS device, love chess, and have a little spare time, then you may want to join the Chess Tiger beta-test team.

You need to have one of the following Apple device:
- iPhone (any generation, including the first one)
- iPod Touch (any generation, including the first one)
- iPad (any version)

...And a PC or a Mac with an internet connexion, naturally.

The job is quite easy. You just have to install the experimental versions I will send you, use them, and report any problem by email. Your suggestions will also be welcome.

Typically there will be one busy week every one or two months where you will have to test 2 or 3 versions. I guess it can take you 2 or 3 hours per month (or more if you want to). You will not have to follow a test plan, you will just be asked to play with the app as you would normally.

I don't mind if you already do testing for another iOS chess team (Shredder, Hiarcs, Stockfish, Genius, ...) as long as you tell me upfront.

The job is not paid and the only satisfaction you will get from it is that you will get new versions before anybody else and so will be able to brag about having crashed an unreleased version! Unfortunately it's not that funny as an app CANNOT crash your whole device... :)

Here is how the current version looks like: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/chesstiger/id423198259

If you are interested, please contact me by PM (Personnal Message) or at support@chesstiger.com

Thank you in advance!

// Christophe
tiger

Americans, Germans, where are you? Come join us!

Post by tiger »

tiger wrote:If you have an Apple iOS device, love chess, and have a little spare time, then you may want to join the Chess Tiger beta-test team.

You need to have one of the following Apple device:
- iPhone (any generation, including the first one)
- iPod Touch (any generation, including the first one)
- iPad (any version)

...And a PC or a Mac with an internet connexion, naturally.

The job is quite easy. You just have to install the experimental versions I will send you, use them, and report any problem by email. Your suggestions will also be welcome.

Typically there will be one busy week every one or two months where you will have to test 2 or 3 versions. I guess it can take you 2 or 3 hours per month (or more if you want to). You will not have to follow a test plan, you will just be asked to play with the app as you would normally.

I don't mind if you already do testing for another iOS chess team (Shredder, Hiarcs, Stockfish, Genius, ...) as long as you tell me upfront.

The job is not paid and the only satisfaction you will get from it is that you will get new versions before anybody else and so will be able to brag about having crashed an unreleased version! Unfortunately it's not that funny as an app CANNOT crash your whole device... :)

Here is how the current version looks like: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/chesstiger/id423198259

If you are interested, please contact me by PM (Personnal Message) or at support@chesstiger.com

Thank you in advance!

// Christophe

I'm bumping this up because I have already received a number of positive answers from all over the world, but I still need testers in the USA and Germany.

If you have an AT&T or Verizon iPhone, or an iPad 1 or 2 or even an iPod Touch and live in the USA, you can help us.

German testers are welcome too.

If you live somewhere else, you can still contact me, no problem!

// Christophe