Chess Tiger 2004

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Dayffd

Chess Tiger 2004

Post by Dayffd »

Is it possible for Chess Tiger 2004 to play under a CB GUI such as Fritz 8 e.g. Winboard? UCI would be better, but the last time I checked IIRC CT 2004 would only play under Chess Partner from Lokasoft.

Best Regards,

David
David S.
Graham Banks

Re: Chess Tiger 2004

Post by Graham Banks »

Dayffd wrote:Is it possible for Chess Tiger 2004 to play under a CB GUI such as Fritz 8 e.g. Winboard? UCI would be better, but the last time I checked IIRC CT 2004 would only play under Chess Partner from Lokasoft.

Best Regards,

David
CT2004 will not play in any GUI except Chess Partner.
gbanksnz at gmail.com
Sedat Canbaz

Post by Sedat Canbaz »

Dayffd wrote:Is it possible for Chess Tiger 2004 to play under a CB GUI such as Fritz 8 e.g. Winboard? UCI would be better, but the last time I checked IIRC CT 2004 would only play under Chess Partner from Lokasoft.

Best Regards,

David
Its not possible Chess Tiger 2004 to play under FritzGUI,but there is a way to test it in auto 232 mode against any engines which are setuped under Fritz

How to play ChessTiger 2004 vs Fritz on the same PC

Note:You need to have Windows NT, 2000 or XP

Start Chessbase GUI (Fritz GUI)
Choose the engine, set it's parameters, the book and the level of play.
File->New->Two computer match
In Select Device Window Select Auto-232 1.0 and check server name (lets a point in text box)

Don't click OK for the moment

Start ChessTiger 2004 (Chess Patner GUI)
Choose the book you want to use with Chesstiger, set engines parameters and set the level of play.
Now, start Auto232 settings (Extra->Autoplayer 232)
set Port=Network, uncheck Master, type the oposent chess engine name in Remote Program and
Choose a database for output (to create new database (File->New database))
Click on OK

Go under Chessbase GUI and click on Ok
Under Confirm windows click yes
Under Autoplayer window, check Master and click ok.
You can close technical messages window.

Regards,
Sedat
tiger

Post by tiger »

Chess Tiger 2007 offers this feature.

// Christophe
Dayffd

Post by Dayffd »

Greets:

Sedat, thank you very much for that info. I will give that a try soon enough; I was absent from my chess engines tournaments for over a year and there are very many engines to obtain ratings for on my admittedly flaky rating list. For instance, although I bought/have them, I still have not even loaded Fritz 12 and Rybka 3 yet. For that matter, I never did get around to "formally rating" ProDeo 1.5 and 1.6 which are on the list along with a lot of others. Assuming I can get this to work ok (with me that may be questionable), Tiger 2004 will play in several tournaments in the relatively near future.

(Its not possible Chess Tiger 2004 to play under FritzGUI,but there is a way to test it in auto 232 mode against any engines which are setuped under Fritz

How to play ChessTiger 2004 vs Fritz on the same PC

Note:You need to have Windows NT, 2000 or XP

Regards,
Sedat )

And Christophe:
tiger wrote:Chess Tiger 2007 offers this feature.

// Christophe
Yes sir, I did buy and have Chess Tiger 2007, this being one of my favorite engines along with Gambit Tiger 2.0, Tiger 14 and 15, and they do play rather frequently in my tournaments, the last time having Chess Tiger 15 in a field with SmarThink 1.2, bright 0.4a, Toga 1.2.1, Shredder 8, Gambit Fruit b2, Fritz 7, Glaurung 1.2.1, Doch 32 09.980, and Grapefruit 1.0 (These last two playing in their first tournament to obtain a provisional rating). Tiger 15 (normal) ended in 6th place with a score of +4, -5, =9 which I thought was a respectable finish.

For that matter, after the current tournament is finished, the next one will have Doch 1.3 (to obtain its 3rd rating to make it "official"), Shredder 10 (Alien II param), Junior 10.1, Hiarcs 10, Fruit 2.3.1, Chess Tiger 2007, Chess Tiger 15, and ProDeo 1.6 (looking for its first rating) in a 2RR, 30 minute each/game tournament.

I could wish for a new version of Chess Tiger, but I do realize people have lives to live outside of programming chess engines and am grateful for the many engines, free and commercial, along with information freely given such as by Sedat above, opening books and all of the rest that have been provided.

With Respect,

David
David S.