OpenWar 5th Edition : Platen is out, Cipollino is in

Discussion of computer chess matches and engine tournaments.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Olivier Deville

OpenWar 5th Edition : Platen is out, Cipollino is in

Post by Olivier Deville »

It has been found that the "author" of Platen is the same insane person who produced so many clones lately. My public thanks go to Swami for helping so much in this case.

Cipollino was forfeited in the first place after Christopher Conkie showed some similarities with Fruit in the output. But Giancarlo Delli Colli, author of Cipollino, provided Chris with some source code for examination, and nothing suspicious has been found so far. I have therefore decided to reinstate Cipollino in OpenWar. It is replaying games from rounds 1 to 30 right now.

Olivier
swami

Re: OpenWar 5th Edition : Platen is out, Cipollino is in

Post by swami »

Olivier Deville wrote:It has been found that the "author" of Platen is the same insane person who produced so many clones lately. My public thanks go to Swami for helping so much in this case.

Olivier
You're welcome, Olivier. Glad, I could be of some help. If the guy doesn't stop cloning, the only way out would be to contact his ISP for his never ending repeated frauds.

Robindu/Chinmay Kulkarni entered the program in CCT 10 and got the computer prize that was sponsored to him.In lucky draw competition, Jaap Weidman won the AMD computer prize. But Jaap gave it away when Robindu told the audience that he only has a pentium-1 computer and he badly needs up to date ones. Jaap Wiedman/Peter Skinner then decided to ship the AMD computer to him for philanthropic reasons.So I assume there's still a way to track the Robindu's house and get the computer back from him or ask him to get a life?

I hope the cloner comes across this message and learns that his contact address and his ISP information are public knowledge amongst some people. And he could face the serious fraud case, and he could lose the AMD computer which he had obtained illegally, if he doesn't give up...
Graham Banks

Re: OpenWar 5th Edition : Platen is out, Cipollino is in

Post by Graham Banks »

Well done Swami for your actions, and I agree with your comments regarding the cloner. :D
gbanksnz at gmail.com