Rybka GUI (Aquarium)'s screenshots II

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Ovyron

Rybka GUI (Aquarium)'s screenshots II

Post by Ovyron »

Since members that aren't registered at the Rybka's forum couldn't see these screenshots, I've decided to post direct images on here (image descriptions at: http://rybkaforum.net/cgi-bin/rybkaforu ... 3#pid69193)

As requested, exclusive screenshots for CCC, showing the engine mode, tournament mode, and a match being played.

Dr.Wael Deeb

Re: Rybka GUI (Aquarium)'s screenshots II

Post by Dr.Wael Deeb »

Thanks for the screenshots :D
The tournament window reminds me of the Shredder Classic GUI....
One question:
Can the tournament file be edited manualy by using a text editor like the Arena's .at tournament file :?:
_No one can hit as hard as life.But it ain’t about how hard you can hit.It’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward.How much you can take and keep moving forward….
Ovyron

Post by Ovyron »

Answer from Dadi Jonsson.

"The tournament information is stored in an XML file (which is a text file) so it can be edited either with a normal text editor or a specialized XML editor. The important question is what you want to achieve by editing the file.

The main target group for the first version of Aquarium is the serious chess player and therefore analysis functions etc. are heavily emphasized. You can, however, expect frequent updates to Aquarium following the initial release. I'm sure that one of these releases will focus on improvements to engine matches and tournaments. The developers will be monitoring the forum for feature requests and improvements, so those who are interested should participate in the discussion here. "

So, Aquarium will be a software that will keep changing in future versions, if you want a feature to be added it is highly recommended that you join the Rybka forum and suggest that feature. Chances are your request will be considered (even before I was Beta tester I made suggestions that were later implemented.)
Dr.Wael Deeb

Post by Dr.Wael Deeb »

Ovyron wrote:Answer from Dadi Jonsson.

"The tournament information is stored in an XML file (which is a text file) so it can be edited either with a normal text editor or a specialized XML editor. The important question is what you want to achieve by editing the file.

The main target group for the first version of Aquarium is the serious chess player and therefore analysis functions etc. are heavily emphasized. You can, however, expect frequent updates to Aquarium following the initial release. I'm sure that one of these releases will focus on improvements to engine matches and tournaments. The developers will be monitoring the forum for feature requests and improvements, so those who are interested should participate in the discussion here. "

So, Aquarium will be a software that will keep changing in future versions, if you want a feature to be added it is highly recommended that you join the Rybka forum and suggest that feature. Chances are your request will be considered (even before I was Beta tester I made suggestions that were later implemented.)
Thanks for taking the time to answer :D
Sometimes I edit the tournament file by deleting/replacing/renaming engines from the tournament list....
I am already a Rybka forum member....
_No one can hit as hard as life.But it ain’t about how hard you can hit.It’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward.How much you can take and keep moving forward….
Murat

Post by Murat »

Which electronic boards does this GUI support?
fern

Post by fern »

Wowwww!!!!

I cannot wait!
You can be sure I will purchase this stuff at any price between 50 and...well, let me see....70 bucks.....
Seems a wondrous program.

fernando
mike860

Post by mike860 »

Wow, looks great. I hope it sees the light of day soon.
gerold

Post by gerold »

Looks to be user friendlly.That,s a winner.

Thanks for the post,

Gerold.
fern

Post by fern »

Not only that: the design, colours, boards etc are very nice.
Still I am waiting the real thing, kind of a total chss GUI where youi can even write a letter as you play the engine and at the dame time the engine examine your game to see the errors and then invite you to correct them, etc.
Do not forget a beautiful avatar of a lady as a teacher, taking off her clothes each piece at a time IF you play a good move.

For the time being I will stick with this ione...
Fernando
Nimzovik

Post by Nimzovik »

Hmmmmmmmmmm Indeed..... This Rybka GUI has a downright DOS look to it....... I like features such as the Power Chess Queen.... Mind you the Robot and the turk (of Fritz)are kewl and graphically impressive....but give me an opponent with ....idiosyncratic personality!! A Nimzo! or A beach chess hustler or a New York Park hustler....Chess master has a lot of this right . Fritz does too in the sense of the charachter's movement etc. However some SPEECH would be nice! Am I alone in this? The voice insults of fritz is kewl but it should be incorporated with graphics--a la the turk robot etc... although I must say a more realistic human like personality would hit the spot. Who wouldn't like to play J Polgar? Or Fisher? THe magic eye of Fritz 11---Sheeesh! WHAT WAS THAT?