DreamChess 0.2.0

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

AdminX

DreamChess 0.2.0

Post by AdminX »

I was catching up on my Linux readings when I came up on this program in Linux Format (issue 102). Checking the website http://www.dreamchess.org I found that the program works on Windows, Mac OS, and Linux. It comes with it's own chess engine called "Dreamer", however you can use any winboard chess engine in this GUI, at least that is what the website claims. Has anyone here tried it?

PS: Yes, It's open source software. 8-)

"Good decisions come from experience, and experience comes from bad decisions."

Re: DreamChess 0.2.0

Post by GenoM »

Yes, I had tried it. It's an engine to play against humans not against engines :)

[d] r1b1k2r/pp1qnp1p/3p2pb/3P4/1Q6/4PN2/PP2BPPP/RN3RK1 b kq - 0 12

This is from Frenzee Dec07--Dreamer 0.2.0 game. Here Dreamer played 12...Nxd5 and after obvious 13.Qd4 0-0 14.Qxd5 was a piece down.

PS: Dreamer have not any output during the game like thinking lines and so -- this is a second reason for my statement that engine is made to match humans not engines.
take it easy :)
AdminX

Post by AdminX »

GenoM wrote:Yes, I had tried it. It's an engine to play against humans not against engines :)

[d] r1b1k2r/pp1qnp1p/3p2pb/3P4/1Q6/4PN2/PP2BPPP/RN3RK1 b kq - 0 12

This is from Frenzee Dec07--Dreamer 0.2.0 game. Here Dreamer played 12...Nxd5 and after obvious 13.Qd4 0-0 14.Qxd5 was a piece down.

PS: Dreamer have not any output during the game like thinking lines and so -- this is a second reason for my statement that engine is made to match humans not engines.
Not very strong is it??? :roll: To bad there is no engine output, maybe it will be added in a later version. Yes, it would also be nice to have it play engine versus engine matches as well. Thanks for the info! :wink:
"Good decisions come from experience, and experience comes from bad decisions."

Post by Olivier Deville »

Hi all :)

Dreamer 0.3.0pre2 (not released yet) is currently playing in my Promo tournament. The engine is around 1600 at the moment.

Olivier