Toga II 3.1.2SE for Pocketgrandmaster

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Kai Skibbe

Toga II 3.1.2SE for Pocketgrandmaster

Post by Kai Skibbe »

Hi,

on our homepage the engine Toga II 3.1.2SE for Pocketgrandmaster is available in the download section.

Have fun,
Frank and Kai

http://www.pocketgrandmaster.com
Tony Thomas

Re: Toga II 3.1.2SE for Pocketgrandmaster

Post by Tony Thomas »

Hey guys, are you ever going to release Anaconda as a UCI/WB engine? I miss the old Gromit.
Cubeman

Post by Cubeman »

Thanks Kai, I will test this version against 1.2.1a.How about trying to get Alex to let Naum be ported to PGM.He has already done a version for the Palm, but I am sure a PGM version would be better and stronger.
pedrox

Post by pedrox »

Cubeman wrote:Thanks Kai, I will test this version against 1.2.1a.How about trying to get Alex to let Naum be ported to PGM.He has already done a version for the Palm, but I am sure a PGM version would be better and stronger.
The protocol used by PGM is open, so all author could port his engine to PGM, but I doubt that if Alex does he make free, so as he sell its engine UCI or Winboard compatible (without GUI), he could do the same for PGM .
Denis P. Mendoza

Post by Denis P. Mendoza »

Kai Skibbe wrote:Hi,

on our homepage the engine Toga II 3.1.2SE for Pocketgrandmaster is available in the download section.

Have fun,
Frank and Kai

http://www.pocketgrandmaster.com

Thanks Kai. You gave an idea to study. I'm too old for Pocket PC but it could not be as hard compiling one :wink: .
James Constance

Post by James Constance »

Thanks Kai! Playing against Toga (1.2.1) in PGM is my favourite way of playing chess against a computer, so I look forward to trying this one out!

Any chance of Toga 1.3.1??

best regards
M ANSARI

Post by M ANSARI »

Thanks, I will be travelling tomorrow on a long trip so I was dusting my old Pocket Grandmaster. I will surely download it, but how does it perform in relation to the older Pocket Toga ... any difference in strength? Also will there be a compiled version of Rybka 1.0 since the source seems to be out? (strelka code I mean)
Kai Skibbe

Post by Kai Skibbe »

@James: So far we only adapt a new version if it seems to be significantly stronger than the old version. So I don´t think version 1.3.1 give any increase in strength compared to the 3.1.2SE version.

@M ANSARI: We have no plans to compile Strelka for Pocketgrandmaster.

Best regards,
Kai
BeatMachine

Post by BeatMachine »

Good news :D
syxbit

Post by syxbit »

what is up with the naming schemes
is Toga II 3.1.2 just toga 1.1.2 ?
also, how hard is it to compile toga for PocketGM, surely if they already did it, it would be simple to do again, to stay upto date, right?
if not, we'll all jump ship to either PocketFritz 3, or some form of pocketShredder (in the works) or PocketRybka (also in the works)