Tenax-NNUE 1.0 released

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Alexander Schmidt

Re: Tenax-NNUE 1.0 released

Post by Alexander Schmidt »

BrendanJNorman wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:27 am Don't take the aggression personally though, this is how these guys are
Kid, this guy makes clones since 15 years. And always it is a "starting point" for an own development, and always the next version is the clone of something else, and there was never any improvement.

He knows exactly that he is violating the law. He deserves no compassion, and you should be thankful to the "guys" who point out what he is doing, because most of the users don't want to waste time and energy with worsened clones by a wannabe programmer.

And no, this is no aggression, this is how it is.
Uri Blass

Post by Uri Blass »

Guenther wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:42 pm
BrendanJNorman wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:27 am
Carotino wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:28 am I released the engine so that someone can test it and give me suggestions and/or criticisms, but it seems to me that I have arrived in a witch hunt climate.
Normal here, you'll get used to it. :lol:

Also, most of it was due to not releasing the source with the engine.

People are super sensitive about that due to the flood of clones which happened around 2009 or so with Fruit, Rybka, Ipoolito and friends, and then later with Stockfish as well.

Don't take the aggression personally though, this is how these guys are, even when they're nice.

It's no big deal. Most of them are actually nice. :lol:
No need for babysitting... ;) He is just pretending and doesn't care (nor learn a better behaviour).

He does this since 15 years at least and _is used_ to this already and well deserves it.

search.php?keywords=carotino
search.php?keywords=munter

just check a few of those and you'll find the same over and over - first 'releasing' something, then saying he did this and that
and a bit later it is recognized that the changes were below 1% of something grabbed/stolen, while putting his 'name' on it - and then
- *I did not know I did something wrong* or *I hope I did not do something wrong*, lol.
So the learning curve in this regard is zero.

Even nearly identical sentences from already 14 years ago can be found ;)
The solution is simply to ban him and not allow him to post.

Not that I think that he did something that is so terrible that it is impossible to forgive for it but I cannot trust him because of previous behaviour.

I am still against the way you responded against him:
Your words:"Why should you? To understand it you first need to understand something.."

It is clearly a personal attack against him because it means that he cannot understand something and it is not correct even for a troll.
BrendanJNorman
Full name: Brendan J Norman

Post by BrendanJNorman »

Guenther wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:42 pm
BrendanJNorman wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:27 am
Carotino wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:28 am I released the engine so that someone can test it and give me suggestions and/or criticisms, but it seems to me that I have arrived in a witch hunt climate.
Normal here, you'll get used to it. :lol:

Also, most of it was due to not releasing the source with the engine.

People are super sensitive about that due to the flood of clones which happened around 2009 or so with Fruit, Rybka, Ipoolito and friends, and then later with Stockfish as well.

Don't take the aggression personally though, this is how these guys are, even when they're nice.

It's no big deal. Most of them are actually nice. :lol:
No need for babysitting... ;) He is just pretending and doesn't care (nor learn a better behaviour).

He does this since 15 years at least and _is used_ to this already and well deserves it.

search.php?keywords=carotino
search.php?keywords=munter

just check a few of those and you'll find the same over and over - first 'releasing' something, then saying he did this and that
and a bit later it is recognized that the changes were below 1% of something grabbed/stolen, while putting his 'name' on it - and then
- *I did not know I did something wrong* or *I hope I did not do something wrong*, lol.
So the learning curve in this regard is zero.

Even nearly identical sentences from already 14 years ago can be found ;)
Had no idea.

Thanks for the update, Guenther.

What a pest! :roll:
BrendanJNorman

Post by BrendanJNorman »

Alexander Schmidt wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:41 pm
BrendanJNorman wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:27 am Don't take the aggression personally though, this is how these guys are
Kid, this guy makes clones since 15 years. And always it is a "starting point" for an own development, and always the next version is the clone of something else, and there was never any improvement.

He knows exactly that he is violating the law. He deserves no compassion, and you should be thankful to the "guys" who point out what he is doing, because most of the users don't want to waste time and energy with worsened clones by a wannabe programmer.

And no, this is no aggression, this is how it is.
Who the hell are you calling "kid"?

Drop the condescending tone, I was merely trying to throw a little water on one of the many fires here.

I know that some people here prefer to have endless flame wars, rather than get anything useful done/discussed.

But I prefer to see interesting chess content.

If the guy has been a problem for 15 years, ban his ass!
Alexander Schmidt

Post by Alexander Schmidt »

BrendanJNorman wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:02 am Drop the condescending tone, I was merely trying to throw a little water on one of the many fires here.
I know that some people here prefer to have endless flame wars, rather than get anything useful done/discussed.
Then do some soul-searching and think about whether your tone is suitable for ending flame wars. Your tone is not less condescending.

I don't think any of Günther's or my posts were unobjective or aggressive, there was no need for you to explain them to anyone.

In another post you twist what I wrote and ridicule it, here you comment on my post without knowing the background. Hence the “kid”.

I see you wrote it with good intentions, so I apologize although that is not an insult in my language. It is more of a friendly but emphatic address.
Last edited by Alexander Schmidt on Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
BrendanJNorman

Post by BrendanJNorman »

Alexander Schmidt wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:58 am
BrendanJNorman wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:02 am Drop the condescending tone, I was merely trying to throw a little water on one of the many fires here.
Then do some soul-searching and think about whether your tone is suitable for ending flame wars. Your tone is not less condescending.

I don't think any of Günther's or my posts were unobjective or aggressive, there was no need for you to explain them to anyone.

In another post you twist what I wrote and ridicule it, here you comment on my post without knowing the background. Hence the “kid”.

I see you wrote it with good intentions, so I apologize for it although that is not an insult in my language. It is more of a friendly but emphatic address.
Okay no problem, let's forget it.
Jjaw
Full name: Joe Louvier

Post by Jjaw »

Calm down , Shorty
Carotino

Re: Tenax-NNUE 1.0 bug correction

Post by Carotino »

Fixed a small bug that weakened the engine. It runs better now.

Dowload correct version: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1fG0EJq ... drive_link

A short test confirms this: +14 -11 = 47
Download games: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1CXbCx_ ... drive_link

... Best regards.
Roberto