I update to version 135.
I'm checking ChessbrainVbNet V5.10 engine. When ponder is on always disconnect after a few moves (usually bellow 10).
I check the log and it says:
"tablebases initialized, 5 pieces, 145 WDL files found
initial tour load took 322 msec
white disconnects
invalid ponder move d6e5 for engine ChessbrainVbNet V5.10 (FEN r2qkbnr/pp4pp/2n5/4p3/4P3/7P/PP3PP1/RNBQK2R b KQ - 1 11)
white disconnects"
I think there is a bug in GUI because I check the engine with other gui's (arena 3.5.1, shredder 14) and plays ok
Myracle GUI
Moderator: Ras
-
mar
- Posts: 3029
- Joined: Fri Nov 26, 2010 2:00 pm
- Location: Czech Republic
- Full name: Martin Sedlak
Re: Myracle GUI
ok, I'll look into it. where to download the engine? I oly see ChessbrainVB 4.10SSTATHIS wrote: ↑Wed Sep 23, 2026 7:55 pm I update to version 135.
I'm checking ChessbrainVbNet V5.10 engine. When ponder is on always disconnect after a few moves (usually bellow 10).
I check the log and it says:
"tablebases initialized, 5 pieces, 145 WDL files found
initial tour load took 322 msec
white disconnects
invalid ponder move d6e5 for engine ChessbrainVbNet V5.10 (FEN r2qkbnr/pp4pp/2n5/4p3/4P3/7P/PP3PP1/RNBQK2R b KQ - 1 11)
white disconnects"
I think there is a bug in GUI because I check the engine with other gui's (arena 3.5.1, shredder 14) and plays ok
-
Graham Banks
- Posts: 46514
- Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2006 10:52 am
- Location: Auckland, NZ
Re: Myracle GUI
https://github.com/RZulu54/ChessBrainVB/releasesmar wrote: ↑Thu Sep 24, 2026 1:55 amok, I'll look into it. where to download the engine? I oly see ChessbrainVB 4.10SSTATHIS wrote: ↑Wed Sep 23, 2026 7:55 pm I update to version 135.
I'm checking ChessbrainVbNet V5.10 engine. When ponder is on always disconnect after a few moves (usually bellow 10).
I check the log and it says:
"tablebases initialized, 5 pieces, 145 WDL files found
initial tour load took 322 msec
white disconnects
invalid ponder move d6e5 for engine ChessbrainVbNet V5.10 (FEN r2qkbnr/pp4pp/2n5/4p3/4P3/7P/PP3PP1/RNBQK2R b KQ - 1 11)
white disconnects"
I think there is a bug in GUI because I check the engine with other gui's (arena 3.5.1, shredder 14) and plays ok
Can't see it in there.
gbanksnz at gmail.com
-
mar
- Posts: 3029
- Joined: Fri Nov 26, 2010 2:00 pm
- Location: Czech Republic
- Full name: Martin Sedlak
Re: Myracle GUI
ok, turns out I can reproduce with 4.10
looks like it's non-compliant and reports bestmove when asked to ponder, but it should wait for stop or ponderhit
the GUI, however, should be able to handle such cases - looks like UCI pondering is broken in Myracle and I'll have to fix it, thanks for reporting
looks like it's non-compliant and reports bestmove when asked to ponder, but it should wait for stop or ponderhit
the GUI, however, should be able to handle such cases - looks like UCI pondering is broken in Myracle and I'll have to fix it, thanks for reporting
-
SSTATHIS
- Posts: 64
- Joined: Tue Jun 22, 2010 7:55 pm
Re: Myracle GUI
Here it is:mar wrote: ↑Thu Sep 24, 2026 1:55 amok, I'll look into it. where to download the engine? I oly see ChessbrainVB 4.10SSTATHIS wrote: ↑Wed Sep 23, 2026 7:55 pm I update to version 135.
I'm checking ChessbrainVbNet V5.10 engine. When ponder is on always disconnect after a few moves (usually bellow 10).
I check the log and it says:
"tablebases initialized, 5 pieces, 145 WDL files found
initial tour load took 322 msec
white disconnects
invalid ponder move d6e5 for engine ChessbrainVbNet V5.10 (FEN r2qkbnr/pp4pp/2n5/4p3/4P3/7P/PP3PP1/RNBQK2R b KQ - 1 11)
white disconnects"
I think there is a bug in GUI because I check the engine with other gui's (arena 3.5.1, shredder 14) and plays ok
https://github.com/RZulu54/ChessbrainVb ... /tag/V5.01
-
SSTATHIS
- Posts: 64
- Joined: Tue Jun 22, 2010 7:55 pm
Re: Myracle GUI
Fire 5192023 x64 (HCE) also has problem when ponder is on. Always disconnect.
"black disconnects
invalid ponder move e1g1 for engine Fire 5192023 x64 bmi2 (FEN rnbqk2r/1p2bppp/p2ppn2/8/3NP3/2N1BP2/PPP3PP/R2QKB1R w KQkq - 1 8)"
Here is the engine:
https://github.com/FireFather/fire-HCE/ ... ag/5192023
"black disconnects
invalid ponder move e1g1 for engine Fire 5192023 x64 bmi2 (FEN rnbqk2r/1p2bppp/p2ppn2/8/3NP3/2N1BP2/PPP3PP/R2QKB1R w KQkq - 1 8)"
Here is the engine:
https://github.com/FireFather/fire-HCE/ ... ag/5192023
-
mar
- Posts: 3029
- Joined: Fri Nov 26, 2010 2:00 pm
- Location: Czech Republic
- Full name: Martin Sedlak
Re: Myracle GUI
thanks, I'm looking into the chessbrain ponder problem and I won't be able to make it work with Myracle, but there are some ponder-related bugs to fix in the GUI. I'm looking into some more bugs now too so the next build will have to wait a bit.
the GUI starts the ponder search immediately after it parses bestmove from the engine and sometimes a move (ponderhit from opponent) comes very quickly (we're talking sub-millisecond time here)
chessbrain cannot handle a stop/ponderhit very soon after a search is started - it's something the author has to fix himself.
it works in other GUIs probably because they pull it through the main thread to start the ponder search, adding more time to the engine, possibly even not having to start the ponder search at all if it's a pondermiss
just tried Fire (100 hyperbullet ponder on games) and it seems to work fine with the actual bugfixed Myracle version, so it seems the GUI-related ponder fixes will solve the Fire problem.
the GUI starts the ponder search immediately after it parses bestmove from the engine and sometimes a move (ponderhit from opponent) comes very quickly (we're talking sub-millisecond time here)
chessbrain cannot handle a stop/ponderhit very soon after a search is started - it's something the author has to fix himself.
it works in other GUIs probably because they pull it through the main thread to start the ponder search, adding more time to the engine, possibly even not having to start the ponder search at all if it's a pondermiss
just tried Fire (100 hyperbullet ponder on games) and it seems to work fine with the actual bugfixed Myracle version, so it seems the GUI-related ponder fixes will solve the Fire problem.
-
mar
- Posts: 3029
- Joined: Fri Nov 26, 2010 2:00 pm
- Location: Czech Republic
- Full name: Martin Sedlak
Re: Myracle GUI
build 136 is up:
- several fixes for UCI pondering on the GUI part
- several fixes for UCI pondering on the GUI part
-
SSTATHIS
- Posts: 64
- Joined: Tue Jun 22, 2010 7:55 pm
Re: Myracle GUI
I'm checking Donna 4.1
https://donnachess.github.io/
Time forfeit a lot of times. The time i use is 1m+1s and 10s+0.1s
https://donnachess.github.io/
Time forfeit a lot of times. The time i use is 1m+1s and 10s+0.1s
-
mar
- Posts: 3029
- Joined: Fri Nov 26, 2010 2:00 pm
- Location: Czech Republic
- Full name: Martin Sedlak
Re: Myracle GUI
just tried a small tournament at 8+0.08" and looking at the anomaly log for Donna, they seem like legit time losses,
from the log we can see that it took ~336 milliseconds from go to bestmove, but the go command says white has 286msec to think
it's possible to increase the timeout margin in Time control settings for that particular tc, like letting the engine overshoot more than the default 50msec, up to say 10 seconds
another possibility is to let the author of the engine know and wait for a fix
Code: Select all
65423042> go wtime 286 btime 1736 winc 80 binc 80
65423201< info depth 1 currmove e2d1 currmovenumber 1
65423219< info depth 1 currmove e2e1 currmovenumber 2
65423244< info depth 1 currmove e2f1 currmovenumber 3
.
.
.
65759455< info depth 15 score cp -1261 nodes 1640643 nps 4897441 hashfull 18 time 335 pv e2d2 f4g4 d2e3 g4h4 e3d2 h4h3 d2e3 h3g4 e3e4 d3d2 e4e3 d2d1q e3e4 d1f3 e4e5 f3f5 e5d6 f5f2
65759474< info nodes 1640643 time 335
65759476< bestmove e2d2
it's possible to increase the timeout margin in Time control settings for that particular tc, like letting the engine overshoot more than the default 50msec, up to say 10 seconds
another possibility is to let the author of the engine know and wait for a fix