2009 ACCA World Computer Rapid Chess Championships

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Dr.Wael Deeb

Re: 2009 ACCA World Computer Rapid Chess Championships

Post by Dr.Wael Deeb »

Allard Siemelink wrote:Of course I am interested!
(provided that no other participant uses the same book, ACCA rules do not allow it).
Dr.Wael Deeb wrote:Hi Allard,
I have a new updated opening book,much optimized and tweaked than the public one....are you interested :!: :?:
If yes,I can send it to you in a couple of days :D
Dr.D
Great :D
Dr.D
_No one can hit as hard as life.But it ain’t about how hard you can hit.It’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward.How much you can take and keep moving forward….
CRoberson

Post by CRoberson »

New Entrants:
Stockfish by Tord and Team operated by Sherif Khater
ZCT by Zack Wegner
jdart

Post by jdart »

It looks like Olivier is no longer available so I assume Arasan will not play unless some last-minute substitute is available. I'm actually around part of Sat. but then I will be offline.

--Jon
CRoberson

Post by CRoberson »

Two new entrants:
Joker by H.G. Muller
micro-Max by H.G. Muller
sje

Starting rounds on time

Post by sje »

It seems to me that ICS CC events have too often had difficulties with rounds beginning at scheduled times. I am reticent to assign a forfeit to a late starting program, so perhaps there is another way to encourage punctuality.

One idea that might help in future events is to drop the increment from the time control. While this wouldn't eliminate the possibility of a 200 move draw, it would stop such from delaying the start of the next round.
Vinvin
Full name: Vincent Lejeune

Re: Starting rounds on time

Post by Vinvin »

If it's an obvious draw, the arbiter can adjudicate the game.
sje wrote:One idea that might help in future events is to drop the increment from the time control. While this wouldn't eliminate the possibility of a 200 move draw, it would stop such from delaying the start of the next round.
Vinvin
Full name: Vincent Lejeune

Post by Vinvin »

Requests for the list of participants :
1) Is it possible to add a number before each entry ?
2) Is it possible to sort, the stronger at the top ?

Thanks,
Vincent
sje

Post by sje »

It was only a half hour ago that I received the extra RAM (8 GB) for my main machine, so I due to lack of testing time Symbolic won't have all the features I'd hoped it would for the event.

But it will have a huge main transposition table and a huge evaluation transposition table. The main box now has 17 GB and I hope to have that up to its full 32 GB before the end of the year. The two satellite processors (2 GHz/Core 2 Duo) on the LAN will soon have 4 GB each and will be used in the distributed search.