Houdini's facebook page.........

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Dr.Wael Deeb

Re: Houdini's facebook page.........

Post by Dr.Wael Deeb »

elpapa wrote:
Dr.Wael Deeb wrote:I will not attack or insult anyone unless I am forced to....Dr.D
In what situations exactly are you forced to attack and insult other people?
When nasty people write a hidden attack like this one:

You feel competent on judging what is normal?

A respected member of our small community has left the forum a couple of days ago because he had enough of people mastering the dark magic called the hidden attacks......

And such people are present with a respectable number here in our forum.....

I for myself will not leave,I turn my back and just walk away....I react....
Dr.D
_No one can hit as hard as life.But it ain’t about how hard you can hit.It’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward.How much you can take and keep moving forward….
michiguel

Post by michiguel »

Dr.Wael Deeb wrote:
elpapa wrote:
Dr.Wael Deeb wrote:I will not attack or insult anyone unless I am forced to....Dr.D
In what situations exactly are you forced to attack and insult other people?
When nasty people write a hidden attack like this one:

You feel competent on judging what is normal?

A respected member of our small community has left the forum a couple of days ago because he had enough of people mastering the dark magic called the hidden attacks......

And such people are present with a respectable number here in our forum.....

I for myself will not leave,I turn my back and just walk away....I react....
Dr.D
[MODERATION]
Dear Members,
This thread is going downhill. I deleted two posts, one of them disgusting.
We will give another chance to see if it goes back to topic. If it doesn't, it will be locked. The level of tolerance for insults in this thread has been lowered.

Miguel
Houdini

Post by Houdini »

michiguel wrote:[MODERATION]
Dear Members,
We will give another chance to see if it goes back to topic. If it doesn't, it will be locked. The level of tolerance for insults in this thread has been lowered.

Miguel
My suggestion would be to do Dr.Wael Deeb a favor and remove this thread entirely. The guy obviously has had a bad day.
GenoM

Post by GenoM »

Houdini wrote:
Dear Members,

Miguel
My suggestion would be to do Dr.Wael Deeb a favor and remove this thread entirely. The guy obviously has had a bad day.
Here he is, mr.Houdart himself
In your place I would not dare to make such suggestions to moderators here.
It's not Houdini Facebook page, you know.
take it easy :)
gerold

Post by gerold »

Dr.Wael Deeb wrote:Robert is editing/deleting any comment he doesn't like even if it's totally normal........

In the opened thread related to the first game against cluster Rybka,I worte exactly these words:

Don't get so excited....After all,it's only one game

And the delusional Robert deleted my comment.........
So much for your objective evaluation Mr.telescope regards,
Dr.D

P.S.Yep,I'm sure that a third neutral party will address a complain about this thread......Usually a party which received Houdini 3 for free and working as a guard dog for Robertino in this forum........
I wouldn't worry about it.
I have a couple FB sites. The one on business, i hardly ever delete anything from it. My family one which is family members only i will delete my own and others post on the main page ever 2-4 days if no one is commenting on the subject. I do this so the page doesn't have so many outdated post on it.
Dr.Wael Deeb

Post by Dr.Wael Deeb »

GenoM wrote:
Houdini wrote:
Dear Members,

Miguel
Here he is, mr.Houdart himself
In your place I would not dare to make such suggestions to moderators here.
It's not Houdini Facebook page, you know.
Exactly my point Geno :wink:
_No one can hit as hard as life.But it ain’t about how hard you can hit.It’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward.How much you can take and keep moving forward….
Dr.Wael Deeb

Post by Dr.Wael Deeb »

gerold wrote:
Dr.Wael Deeb wrote:Robert is editing/deleting any comment he doesn't like even if it's totally normal........

In the opened thread related to the first game against cluster Rybka,I worte exactly these words:

Don't get so excited....After all,it's only one game

And the delusional Robert deleted my comment.........
So much for your objective evaluation Mr.telescope regards,
Dr.D

P.S.Yep,I'm sure that a third neutral party will address a complain about this thread......Usually a party which received Houdini 3 for free and working as a guard dog for Robertino in this forum........
I wouldn't worry about it.
I have a couple FB sites. The one on business, i hardly ever delete anything from it. My family one which is family members only i will delete my own and others post on the main page ever 2-4 days if no one is commenting on the subject. I do this so the page doesn't have so many outdated post on it.
I understand this perfectly Gerold....

But here er're talking about a fan page of a commercial chess engine,not a personal one.....

What is the criteria to delete a sound post just because you don't like the poster :!: :?:
geots

Post by geots »

Modern Times wrote:
Dr.Wael Deeb wrote: It will not Ray......Don't underestimate Vasik,he's more talented than Robertlino....He's just not interested in the computer chess throne anymore.....
Dr.D
I would not blame him for abandoning chess altogether, the way he has been treated. It is probably better for him to direct his talent in other areas where it is appreciated.

The thing everyone is overlooking, whether you like both Vas and Robert, like one and cannot stand the other- or dislike them both:

As programmers, they are on a different planet from the rest. Just look at how Robert distances himself from engines like Komodo- who very likely has the 3rd best programmer behind the 2 of them.

Forget the clusters. Take your best machine- anyone. Run all the top 10 engines ag. Houdini 3. And see who finishes the closest to him. Very likely Rybka 4.1- a version that is on its way to being 3 years from having any improvements made to it. Not just astounding- but you would think damn near impossible. Mark down all the top releases now- put them aside- and wait 2.5 years and test them then ag. the top program. No updates for them. Then and only then would you understand the true extent of how far Vas and Robert are above anyone and everyone else.

But maybe I am in the wrong set of threads if this is actually about a popularity contest, as it seems.

(This thread was NOT directed to you, Ray- or to anything you said. It just seemed like a good place to put it. But I fully agree with you- if I was Vas after the way he has been cheated and treated- I would say "to hell with them all" also!)

gts
Kyodai

Post by Kyodai »

"if I was Vas..."

Or as the German would say: "Was ist los?" :-))
A Distel

Post by A Distel »

Houdini wrote:
Dear Members,

Miguel
Geachte Heer Houdart,

You shall never be able to remove suspicion, maybe in your imagination and so I think you better remain silent, but i obviously wish you good day Sir!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jjxm1LW-eUM

Met vriendelijke groeten,
(from Belgium with love.)
The road to chaos is filled with political correctness.
― Tadros