Banksia GUI released

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

phhnguyen
Full name: Nguyen Hong Pham

Version 0.47 beta released

Post by phhnguyen »

Version 0.47 beta released

Fixed bugs:
* Fix Lichess bots
* A bug on pondering for engines
* A bug on Polyglot promotion moves
* A bug when adding a new engine to an existing tour but not update it to the engine list

Some small improvements/adjustments such as displaying tbhits inside the table

New features:
* Auto-create backup files for playing tournaments (starts from banksiaplaying.json.bk.1)
* Graphs: new types: dot, bar; new graphs for depth, nodes, speed, elapsed time. All are select from Settings
* Engine buttons: replaced buttons (defined by engines’ options) by combo box (dropbox) to save space and display text fully
* Extreme Chess Analysis (ECA): a lot of work done to make it become much more stable, reliable, and useable, from finding, fixing bugs to adding new features and functions: display board on left/right side or use big board; backup/restore files managing; merge; info/delete branches; export trees to opening books (PGN, EPD, Polyglot formats); show branch’s heights; more stats…

Fig. 1 New features: more graph types and graphs; drop box for engine buttons

Fig. 2 An ECA tree image
https://banksiagui.com
The most features chess GUI, based on opensource Banksia - the chess tournament manager
AdminX

Re: Banksia GUI released

Post by AdminX »

Impressive! :D
"Good decisions come from experience, and experience comes from bad decisions."
Full name: Alex Morales

Post by AlexChess »

Thank you, just installed!

Whats is the meaning of: Starts from banksiaplaying.json.bk.1 ?
How can I backup my 841/903 games still not present on Recent Tournaments, to restart using Banksiagui adding and updating
more engines?

Thank you very much, I like your wonderful GUI! (I'm translating menus to Italian :) )

Regards, AlexChess
Chess engines and dedicated chess computers fan since 1981 :D Mac mini M1 8GB-256GB, Windows 11 & Ubuntu ARM64.
ProteusSF Dev Forum: https://shorturl.at/bpvI1
phhnguyen
Full name: Nguyen Hong Pham

Post by phhnguyen »

AlexChess wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 1:51 pm Thank you, just installed!

Whats is the meaning of: Starts from banksiaplaying.json.bk.1 ?
How can I backup my 841/903 games still not present on Recent Tournaments, to restart using Banksiagui adding and updating
more engines?

Thank you very much, I like your wonderful GUI! (I'm translating menus to Italian :) )

Regards, AlexChess
Whenever BSG writing down the current tournament (to the file banksiaguiplaying.json in the configuration folder) it creates several backup files for previous writings. The oldest one is saved as banksiaplaying.json.bk.5 and so on to the second-latest one banksiaplaying.json.bk.1 (the current one is stored as banksiaplaying.json). Those files are not the same but different a bit because they are created in different moments when the tournament is playing. If the current one is broken, the user can use any of the backup files thus he can minimize the loss.

The above files are created automatically. The user can backup manually too, via the function Duplicate in the Recent tournament dialog box. Just do that frequently to save precious data.

I may add more ways to backup/restore is coming versions. If anyone has suggestions, all are welcome.
https://banksiagui.com
The most features chess GUI, based on opensource Banksia - the chess tournament manager
AlexChess
Full name: Alex Morales

Post by AlexChess »

Wow!
I have removed the old tournaments, pressed New tournaments, and finally I have a backup of my last big tournament and I can continue the games from here. When you select it and press + (duplicate) does it makes 1 more clone? Because nothing apparenttly happens.

PS: I have added up to 47 engines, but the messagebox always says: "added 41 new games" (should be 44-45-46) is only a glitch?

Thank you!

AlexChess
Last edited by AlexChess on Sat Jul 24, 2021 5:20 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Chess engines and dedicated chess computers fan since 1981 :D Mac mini M1 8GB-256GB, Windows 11 & Ubuntu ARM64.
ProteusSF Dev Forum: https://shorturl.at/bpvI1
AdminX

Post by AdminX »

The Extreme Analysis looks really useful. :D

Re: Version 0.47 beta released

Post by CMCanavessi »

phhnguyen wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 10:09 am Version 0.47 beta released

Fixed bugs:
* A bug on pondering for engines
Terrific release! Can you comment on the pondering bug? What was it?

Also, when running a tournament, when does Banksia "saves" progress? After every match? At certain intervals? How does that work?
Follow my tournament and some Leela gauntlets live at http://twitch.tv/ccls
CMCanavessi

Post by CMCanavessi »

Bug report!

The new graphics are cool (I'd also like one for TB Hits), but when you use them in "bar mode", the graphics (bars) are in inverted order (black, white, black, white). You first see the bar for white appear, but then the bar for black comes not after it (to the right of the graph), but before (to the left).
I don't know how to explain it better, but just by looking at it you can tell immediately
Follow my tournament and some Leela gauntlets live at http://twitch.tv/ccls
AdminX

Post by AdminX »

Feature Request:

Option to let engine kibitz it's thinking on Lichess.

Post by Nordlandia »

Thank you for your hard work with continuous updates. I'm wondering if there has been any progress towards finalize syzygy adjudication.