Banksia GUI released

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

huanhuan
Full name: Ibrahim Adam

Re: Banksia GUI released

Post by huanhuan »

phhnguyen wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 4:41 am
huanhuan wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 4:08 pm "Score in white view" doesn't work in this ver 0.45, in the previous version (0.44), it still works
=> https://prnt.sc/147cnzw
I can't reproduce the issue. Could you post some screens before and after turning on that setting? Thanks!

Note that "Score in white view" affects displaying only, not stored data, thus it affects score graph and scores displaying in the move list.
Sorry, I saw wrong :wink: , it still works normally
AlexChess
Full name: Alex Morales

Post by AlexChess »

CMCanavessi wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 4:10 pm Been using Banksia for a while with good results.
Things I'd like to have implemented:

* Option to automatically replay games that finished in an abnormal way (timeout, crash, illegal move, etc)
* Related to the previous one, option to save those unfinished games to a different pgn or just discard them completely
Would be useful also to add an option to continue a crashed game exactly from the last position saved and clock times 1 move before crash.

Regards,
Alexchess
Chess engines and dedicated chess computers fan since 1981 :D Mac mini M1 8GB-256GB, Windows 11 & Ubuntu ARM64.
ProteusSF Dev Forum TROLLS KINDERGARTEN
Damir
Full name: Damir Desevac

Post by Damir »

Give Banksia author a break with all your nonsense talk about not this working not that working or else he will ignore you like he is doing right now.
Damir

Post by Damir »

This has been going on for quite some time already. You show no respect to him or the work he has put into his GUI to make you guys happy.
I think he should make Bansksia commercial, just to stop your whinnings about his GUI.
CMCanavessi

Post by CMCanavessi »

Damir wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 7:48 pm Give Banksia author a break with all your nonsense talk about not this working not that working or else he will ignore you like he is doing right now.
You clearly have absolutely no idea of what you're talking about.

From the OP:
Thank you a lot for downloading and using. Feedbacks, bug reports and ideas are warm welcomes
Follow my tournament and some Leela gauntlets live at http://twitch.tv/ccls
Damir

Post by Damir »

Banksia author is too nice to tell you the truth. But for sure you guys put unecessary pressure on him with your socalled bug complaints and can not even see it. Give the author a break!
wickedpotus
Full name: Aron Rodgriges

Post by wickedpotus »

Damir wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 8:08 pm Banksia author is too nice to tell you the truth. But for sure you guys put unecessary pressure on him with your socalled bug complaints and can not even see it. Give the author a break!
Do you know, this, or are you just guessing? If you don't know Pham Hong Nguyen personally, I find it rude of you to claim yourself to be his spokesperson. He has been very honest before about his personal life and struggles with cancer in his family, and most people are very understanding if you are being honest. I am sure he can be honest about his own feelings about bugs and suggestions as well if he has time at all to follow the discussion here...

Severe bugs like GUI crashing when clicking a piece in the GUI introduced in later versions are bugs most programmers Like to be informed about if they still work on the program. My guess would be that he would be interested in both ideas and suggestions as well if he has time and interest in working on the code at all.
scchess
Full name: Ted Wong

Post by scchess »

The Banskia GUI is a great works. In my view, it should be going to commercial. User support like this thread should be a paid work.
wickedpotus
Full name: Aron Rodgriges

Post by wickedpotus »

scchess wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 8:39 am The Banskia GUI is a great works. In my view, it should be going to commercial. User support like this thread should be a paid work.
Having paid customers would put much much greater pressure, than to check, or opt not to check a forum thread 1-2 times a month..
phhnguyen
Full name: Nguyen Hong Pham

Post by phhnguyen »

Thanks all for feedback, ideas, and suggestions. They are highly appreciated!

Sorry, sometimes I can’t reply individually to all posts, messages, especially in recent times since being so busy with real-life duties as well as implementing some hard features. However, I always read all and write them down carefully to my TODO list and frequently review them all. There are no such small things. All are very important and contribute to the strength of BSG, from corrections for typos, colors to some totally new functions.

I have planned to release a new version for BSG with a new big feature within a few days and have been still working hard with it.

See you then :D
https://banksiagui.com
The most features chess GUI, based on opensource Banksia - the chess tournament manager