Tester needed

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Look
Full name: Mehdi Amini

Tester needed

Post by Look »

Hi,

I am working on a cfish fork. For testing it, I need a person owning a Linux desktop PC with Internet connection. In case someone is interested, he may contact me.
Farewell.
Ras
Full name: Rasmus Althoff

Re: Tester needed

Post by Ras »

Just boot in a Live Linux from USB stick. Most distros offer that so that you can look into it without having to install it.
Rasmus Althoff
https://www.ct800.net
Look

Post by Look »

Ras wrote: Sat Jun 26, 2021 12:02 pm Just boot in a Live Linux from USB stick. Most distros offer that so that you can look into it without having to install it.
I have a Windows desktop PC. I installed Linux via a virtual machine and did some tests successfully. Unfortunately this PC is aged. I need a recent one.
Farewell.
Ras
Full name: Rasmus Althoff

Post by Ras »

Look wrote: Sat Jun 26, 2021 12:12 pmI need a recent one.
Then you should post what exactly the HW requirements are.
Rasmus Althoff
https://www.ct800.net
Look

Post by Look »

Ras wrote: Sat Jun 26, 2021 11:10 pm
Look wrote: Sat Jun 26, 2021 12:12 pmI need a recent one.
Then you should post what exactly the HW requirements are.
We received notice from electricity company to use less electricity. That is another reason for me to find a tester. Also the specs for my desktop PC is:

CPU: Intel core i5 4440
RAM: 16 GB

I suppose a more modern PC would do the job.
Farewell.
Gabor Szots
Full name: Gabor Szots

Post by Gabor Szots »

Look wrote: Sun Jun 27, 2021 9:02 am We received notice from electricity company to use less electricity.
That's odd. Normally, if you pay your bills you use as much electricity as you wish.
Gabor Szots
CCRL testing group
smatovic
Full name: Srdja Matovic

Post by smatovic »

It might not solve your current issues, but in general Google Cloud Platform, AWS, MS Azure offer VM with remote access, different hardware specs and OS for renting on demand.

--
Srdja
Look

Post by Look »

Gabor Szots wrote: Sun Jun 27, 2021 10:09 am
Look wrote: Sun Jun 27, 2021 9:02 am We received notice from electricity company to use less electricity.
That's odd. Normally, if you pay your bills you use as much electricity as you wish.
Of course we pay the bills. Variety of factors are affecting this. One being hot weather in my country and increased usage of electricity for cooling.
Farewell.
Look

Post by Look »

smatovic wrote: Sun Jun 27, 2021 10:20 am It might not solve your current issues, but in general Google Cloud Platform, AWS, MS Azure offer VM with remote access, different hardware specs and OS for renting on demand.

--
Srdja
Due to my location I can not access some of these cloud platforms. Even if I could , I suspect the price is not so cheap for me to pay.
Farewell.
smatovic
Full name: Srdja Matovic

Post by smatovic »

Look wrote: Sun Jun 27, 2021 11:13 am
smatovic wrote: Sun Jun 27, 2021 10:20 am It might not solve your current issues, but in general Google Cloud Platform, AWS, MS Azure offer VM with remote access, different hardware specs and OS for renting on demand.

--
Srdja
Due to my location I can not access some of these cloud platforms. Even if I could , I suspect the price is not so cheap for me to pay.
Sorry, I did not check your location, so Western clouds are not an option, I would suggest to use OpenBench by Andrew Grant et al., but it seems it uses GitHub to distribute the source code, again no option for your project...

--
Srdja