Alpha-Emanuel-Beta Search -- Enormous Improvement of Alpha-Beta!

Discussion of chess software programming and technical issues.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

BrokenKeyboard
Full name: Het Satasiya

Re: Alpha-Emanuel-Beta Search -- Enormous Improvement of Alpha-Beta!

Post by BrokenKeyboard »

And publishing the source to the engine that you changed will also be extremely helpful. There's a reason stockfish is just as much of a resource as it is a chess engine.
Sopel
Full name: Tomasz Sobczyk

Post by Sopel »

klx wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 10:06 pm
lucasart wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 6:00 am
lucasart wrote: Mon Sep 06, 2021 6:46 am
klx wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 7:16 am
AndrewGrant wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 6:51 am How about you take this idea, and add it to an existing engine, to demonstrate that 1. It works, and 2. Its not terrible
Sure, I can do it tomorrow.

Emanuereal.
Talk is cheap. Show us the code…
Silence has spoken.
Well actually I posted the pseudo-code already, and abundant description of my algorithm. I don't understand why the burden of proof needs to be so high for my inventions? Did John McCarthy post source code when he invented Alpha-Beta? Did Donald Knuth? No, that's right, they posted pseudo-code. Just like me. And we don't question them.

Besides, I did go ahead and add my algorithm to the abovementioned engine, but wasn't able to produce any sensible results. Quoting my wise father Emanuel who said: "son, if you tie a decorative bow around a piece of shit, underneath that bow, there will still be a piece of shit". It's a bit strong wording, but you get the point. I'll try another engine and report back the results. Get ready to have your little minds boggled!
Nah, your idea is just shit and you're ____. Prove me wrong.
dangi12012 wrote:No one wants to touch anything you have posted. That proves you now have negative reputations since everyone knows already you are a forum troll.

Maybe you copied your stockfish commits from someone else too?
I will look into that.
Cardoso
Full name: Alvaro Cardoso

Post by Cardoso »

Emanuel, maybe you could try TSCP.
It's a very simple and bug free chess engine.