New "FRC Top 20" tournament

Discussion of computer chess matches and engine tournaments.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

CMCanavessi

New "FRC Top 20" tournament

Post by CMCanavessi »

I have started a new FRC tournament with the current top 20 engines (or at least, the ones I have access to). It will be ultra-long (38.000 games with 30 minutes + 5 seconds TC) so it's more like a continuous ranking because it will probably never reach the end. As new engine versions are released (or stronger engines become available), I'll replace them and all the games for the replaced engine will be replayed with the new version/engine.

So far, the list includes:

Stockfish 14
Lc0 v0.27.0
Ethereal 13.27 (playing with the "normal" network, not the FRC specific one... I think. Andrew may confirm what he sent me)
Houdini 6.03 Pro
Fire 8
Komodo 12.1.1
Rubichess 2.2
SlowChess Blitz 2.6
Pedone 3.1
Critter 1.6a
Nemorino 6.00
Demolito 2020-12-24
Shredder 13
Stash v31.0
Weiss 2.0
Chiron 4
Minic 3.11
Vajolet2 2.8.0
Senpai 2.0
DanaSah 9.0

The rules are as usual in my league/tournaments: 30m+5s TC, ponder on, 1 thread per engine, 6-men Syzygy, 5-men Gaviota/Nalimov, 4Gb hash.

The tournament is running live on my stream (check my signature) and the schedule is a bit weird because that's how Banksia plans round robins: engine 1 vs all others, engine 2 vs all others except engine 1, engine 3 vs all others except engines 1 and 2, etc etc. This is also why I'm sorting the standings by "elo" instead of by score.

If you are an engine programmer/author and you think you have a better version or a better engine than the ones on the list, feel free to contact me and I'll gladly include it/update it.

So far I've had the tournament running for almost 3 days now to check that everything is ok and I've encountered no problems at all. Stockfish, Houdini and Ethereal have all played their 19 games of the 1st round, and Fire is playing right now.

Cheers.
Follow my tournament and some Leela gauntlets live at http://twitch.tv/ccls