GRL - test runs

Discussion of computer chess matches and engine tournaments.

Moderators: hgm, Dann Corbit, Harvey Williamson

Forum rules
This textbox is used to restore diagrams posted with the [d] tag before the upgrade.
User avatar
Rebel
Posts: 6361
Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:04 am

Re: GRL - test runs

Post by Rebel » Fri Jul 23, 2021 3:29 am

Nalwald 1.1.1 +14

Pool (based on the expected progress) problably was too strong, will run a second match with a lower pool.

Code: Select all

Gambit Rating List
Running      : Gauntlet Nalwald 1.1.1
Time Control : Time control 40/120
Games        : 1200

Results from file gauntlet-nalwald-111.pgn:

No. Name            Win Draw Loss Unf.  Score Games       %
-----------------------------------------------------------
  1 Nalwald 1.11   +297 =291 -612   *0  442.5  1200   36.9%
  2 Asymptote 0.8  +122  =47  -31   *0  145.5   200   72.8%
  3 Drofa 3.0.0    +108  =52  -40   *0  134.0   200   67.0%
  4 Olithink 5.9.9 +109  =41  -50   *0  129.5   200   64.8%
  5 Nemo 1.01      +100  =52  -48   *0  126.0   200   63.0%
  6 Cheese 2.2     +101  =45  -54   *0  123.5   200   61.8%
  7 ProDeo 3.1      +72  =54  -74   *0   99.0   200   49.5%

Total Games:    1200
White Wins:      472 (39.3%)
Black Wins:      437 (36.4%)
Draws:           291 (24.2%)
Unfinished:        0 (0.0%)

Estimated elo gain for Nalwald_1.11
Elo pool : 2835
Nalwald 1.10 : 2738.0
Nalwald_1.11 : 2752.7
Difference : 14.7
90% of coding is debugging, the other 10% is writing bugs.

User avatar
Rebel
Posts: 6361
Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:04 am

Re: GRL - test runs

Post by Rebel » Fri Jul 23, 2021 8:48 am

Second run with a lower rated pool

Nalwald 1.1.1 +44

Code: Select all

Gambit Rating List
Running      : Gauntlet Nalwald 1.1.1 (second run)
Time Control : Time control 40/120
Games        : 800

Results from file gauntlet-nalwald-111x.pgn:

No. Name          Win Draw Loss Unf.  Score Games       %
---------------------------------------------------------
  1 Nalwald 1.11 +334 =202 -264   *0  435.0   800   54.4%
  2 Orion 07      +68  =60  -72   *0   98.0   200   49.0%
  3 BitGenie 7    +62  =61  -77   *0   92.5   200   46.2%
  4 Benjamin 1.0  +73  =37  -90   *0   91.5   200   45.8%
  5 Velvet 1.2.0  +61  =44  -95   *0   83.0   200   41.5%

Total Games:     800
White Wins:      303 (37.9%)
Black Wins:      295 (36.9%)
Draws:           202 (25.2%)
Unfinished:        0 (0.0%)

Estimated elo gain for Nalwald_1.11
Elo pool : 2758
Nalwald 1.10 : 2738.0
Nalwald_1.11 : 2782.7
Difference : 44.7
90% of coding is debugging, the other 10% is writing bugs.

User avatar
Rebel
Posts: 6361
Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:04 am

Re: GRL - test runs

Post by Rebel » Sat Jul 24, 2021 6:41 pm

Velvet 2.0.0 +74

Code: Select all

Gambit Rating List
Running      : Gauntlet Velvet 2.0.0
Time Control : Time control 40/120
Games        : 1200

Results from file gauntlet-velvet.pgn:

No. Name            Win Draw Loss Unf.  Score Games       %
-----------------------------------------------------------
  1 Velvet 2.0.0   +474 =304 -422   *0  626.0  1200   52.2%
  2 Cheese 2.2      +86  =43  -71   *0  107.5   200   53.8%
  3 Drofa 3.0.0     +78  =58  -64   *0  107.0   200   53.5%
  4 Olithink 5.9.9  +81  =48  -71   *0  105.0   200   52.5%
  5 Nemo 1.01       +72  =48  -80   *0   96.0   200   48.0%
  6 ProDeo 3.1      +57  =51  -92   *0   82.5   200   41.2%
  7 Nalwald 1.11    +48  =56  -96   *0   76.0   200   38.0%

Total Games:    1200
White Wins:      456 (38.0%)
Black Wins:      440 (36.7%)
Draws:           304 (25.3%)
Unfinished:        0 (0.0%)

Estimated elo gain for Velvet_2.0.0
Elo pool : 2828
Velvet 1.2.0 : 2767.0
Velvet_2.0.0 : 2841.3
Difference : 74.3
90% of coding is debugging, the other 10% is writing bugs.

User avatar
Rebel
Posts: 6361
Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:04 am

Re: GRL - test runs

Post by Rebel » Tue Jul 27, 2021 6:45 am

Gauntlet Seer 2.2.0

1400 games.

Elo pool : 3234

http://rebel13.nl/a/grl.htm
90% of coding is debugging, the other 10% is writing bugs.

User avatar
Rebel
Posts: 6361
Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:04 am

Re: GRL - test runs

Post by Rebel » Tue Jul 27, 2021 2:54 pm

Seer 2.2.0 + 57

Code: Select all

Gambit Rating List
Running      : Gauntlet Seer 2.2.0
Time Control : Time control 40/120
Games        : 1400

Results from file gauntlet-seer.pgn:

No. Name           Win Draw Loss Unf.  Score Games       %
----------------------------------------------------------
  1 Seer 2.2.0    +488 =500 -412   *0  738.0  1400   52.7%
  2 Booot 6.5      +73  =75  -52   *0  110.5   200   55.2%
  3 rofChade 2.3   +75  =65  -60   *0  107.5   200   53.8%
  4 Stockfish 6    +58  =78  -64   *0   97.0   200   48.5%
  5 Berserk 4.3.0  +63  =62  -75   *0   94.0   200   47.0%
  6 Clover 2.4     +50  =71  -79   *0   85.5   200   42.8%
  7 Koivisto 4.83  +50  =68  -82   *0   84.0   200   42.0%
  8 Stockfish 5    +43  =81  -76   *0   83.5   200   41.8%

Total Games:    1400
White Wins:      483 (34.5%)
Black Wins:      417 (29.8%)
Draws:           500 (35.7%)
Unfinished:        0 (0.0%)

Estimated elo gain for Seer_2.2.0
Elo pool : 3234
Seer 2.1.0 : 3193.0
Seer_2.2.0 : 3250.8
Difference : 57.8
Cool...
90% of coding is debugging, the other 10% is writing bugs.

connor_mcmonigle
Posts: 327
Joined: Sun Sep 06, 2020 2:40 am
Full name: Connor McMonigle

Re: GRL - test runs

Post by connor_mcmonigle » Tue Jul 27, 2021 3:09 pm

Rebel wrote:
Tue Jul 27, 2021 2:54 pm
Seer 2.2.0 + 57

Code: Select all

Gambit Rating List
Running      : Gauntlet Seer 2.2.0
Time Control : Time control 40/120
Games        : 1400

Results from file gauntlet-seer.pgn:

No. Name           Win Draw Loss Unf.  Score Games       %
----------------------------------------------------------
  1 Seer 2.2.0    +488 =500 -412   *0  738.0  1400   52.7%
  2 Booot 6.5      +73  =75  -52   *0  110.5   200   55.2%
  3 rofChade 2.3   +75  =65  -60   *0  107.5   200   53.8%
  4 Stockfish 6    +58  =78  -64   *0   97.0   200   48.5%
  5 Berserk 4.3.0  +63  =62  -75   *0   94.0   200   47.0%
  6 Clover 2.4     +50  =71  -79   *0   85.5   200   42.8%
  7 Koivisto 4.83  +50  =68  -82   *0   84.0   200   42.0%
  8 Stockfish 5    +43  =81  -76   *0   83.5   200   41.8%

Total Games:    1400
White Wins:      483 (34.5%)
Black Wins:      417 (29.8%)
Draws:           500 (35.7%)
Unfinished:        0 (0.0%)

Estimated elo gain for Seer_2.2.0
Elo pool : 3234
Seer 2.1.0 : 3193.0
Seer_2.2.0 : 3250.8
Difference : 57.8
Cool...
Thanks for testing!

User avatar
Rebel
Posts: 6361
Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:04 am

Re: GRL - test runs

Post by Rebel » Wed Aug 04, 2021 4:38 pm

Gauntlet Weiss 2.0

1400 games.

Elo pool 3188.

http://rebel13.nl/a/grl.htm
90% of coding is debugging, the other 10% is writing bugs.

User avatar
Rebel
Posts: 6361
Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:04 am

Re: GRL - test runs

Post by Rebel » Thu Aug 05, 2021 6:14 am

Weiss 2.0 +93 [!]

Code: Select all

Gambit Rating List
Running      : Gauntlet Weiss 2.0
Time Control : Time control 40/120
Games        : 1400

Results from file gauntlet-weiss.pgn:

No. Name           Win Draw Loss Unf.  Score Games       %
----------------------------------------------------------
  1 Weiss 2.0     +548 =575 -277   *0  835.5  1400   59.7%
  2 Clover 2.4     +50  =91  -59   *0   95.5   200   47.8%
  3 Stockfish 5    +45  =89  -66   *0   89.5   200   44.8%
  4 Berserk 4.3.0  +40  =94  -66   *0   87.0   200   43.5%
  5 Seer 2.1.0     +51  =63  -86   *0   82.5   200   41.2%
  6 Halogen 10     +37  =80  -83   *0   77.0   200   38.5%
  7 Stash 31.0     +21  =99  -80   *0   70.5   200   35.2%
  8 Wasp 4.50      +33  =59 -108   *0   62.5   200   31.2%

Total Games:    1400
White Wins:      433 (30.9%)
Black Wins:      392 (28.0%)
Draws:           575 (41.1%)
Unfinished:        0 (0.0%)

Estimated elo gain for Weiss_2.0
Elo pool : 3188
Weiss 1.4 : 3156.0
Weiss_2.0 : 3248.9
Difference : 92.9
90% of coding is debugging, the other 10% is writing bugs.

User avatar
Rebel
Posts: 6361
Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:04 am

Re: GRL - test runs

Post by Rebel » Thu Aug 05, 2021 6:32 am

Gauntlet GreKo 2021.08

1200 games.

Elo pool 2771

http://rebel13.nl/a/grl.htm
90% of coding is debugging, the other 10% is writing bugs.

Terje
Posts: 345
Joined: Tue Nov 19, 2019 3:34 am
Location: https://github.com/TerjeKir/weiss
Full name: Terje Kirstihagen

Re: GRL - test runs

Post by Terje » Thu Aug 05, 2021 10:55 am

Rebel wrote:
Thu Aug 05, 2021 6:14 am
Weiss 2.0 +93 [!]

Code: Select all

Gambit Rating List
Running      : Gauntlet Weiss 2.0
Time Control : Time control 40/120
Games        : 1400

Results from file gauntlet-weiss.pgn:

No. Name           Win Draw Loss Unf.  Score Games       %
----------------------------------------------------------
  1 Weiss 2.0     +548 =575 -277   *0  835.5  1400   59.7%
  2 Clover 2.4     +50  =91  -59   *0   95.5   200   47.8%
  3 Stockfish 5    +45  =89  -66   *0   89.5   200   44.8%
  4 Berserk 4.3.0  +40  =94  -66   *0   87.0   200   43.5%
  5 Seer 2.1.0     +51  =63  -86   *0   82.5   200   41.2%
  6 Halogen 10     +37  =80  -83   *0   77.0   200   38.5%
  7 Stash 31.0     +21  =99  -80   *0   70.5   200   35.2%
  8 Wasp 4.50      +33  =59 -108   *0   62.5   200   31.2%

Total Games:    1400
White Wins:      433 (30.9%)
Black Wins:      392 (28.0%)
Draws:           575 (41.1%)
Unfinished:        0 (0.0%)

Estimated elo gain for Weiss_2.0
Elo pool : 3188
Weiss 1.4 : 3156.0
Weiss_2.0 : 3248.9
Difference : 92.9
Thanks for testing Weiss! Seems that pool was a tad on the weak side - wonder if that affects the gains :D

Post Reply