Fun game on Lichess

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Eduard
Full name: N.N.

Re: Fun game on Lichess

Post by Eduard »

I tried to help you. What I do while the game is running is none of your business.

But I'll give you one answer: I watched sports, German football - Gladbach vs. Bielefeld.
Cornfed
Full name: Brian D. Smith

Post by Cornfed »

Eduard wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 2:11 am I tried to help you. What I do while the game is running is none of your business.

But I'll give you one answer: I watched sports, German football - Gladbach vs. Bielefeld.
Man, you misunderstand.

I don't care exactly what 'you' do like watching football...it's a generic you (those who use bots like this). What I clearly trying to get at it is do you - THOSE WHO USE BANSIA as BOTS, just turn them loose and let them run or do you have input as to the moves played...'cyber chess' some refer to it as.

If it's what you seem to indicate - creating bots to let them play against others or other bots, the sites do that themselves so I can't see any value in doing that as well. Perhaps it's just 'data mining' of lots of games played in specific opening lines to see what seems to work best...don't know. Perhaps someone else who does this will have some input.
Eduard
Full name: N.N.

Post by Eduard »

You could have just asked me "are you playing cyber chess". No, I only play with engines with my bot account. I also play as human, but not with this account.
Ovyron

Post by Ovyron »

Cornfed wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 3:40 am Perhaps it's just 'data mining' of lots of games played in specific opening lines to see what seems to work best...don't know. Perhaps someone else who does this will have some input.
You can create an opening book for the engine offline that plays any moves that you like, and when the game ends you edit the book to change the moves the engine will play on the next game these moves are played. Basically, it's YOUR moves until a novelty is played that you don't have in book and the engine has to think for itself.

After a long while you can play an entire game from book, that means how you would play idf you had perfect memory, and if you did you could play at at some 3600 elo level!

The appeal of this is that, perhaps if you play by yourself you'll never be able to play Magnus Carlsen and beat him and be the best in the world, but with chess bots now you can go and do this and beat the beat chess bot in the bot, or at least have a higher rating than all other computers in the world (but this playchess is much more easy to set up.)

And yeah, you don't need to do anything while the engine plays, you could sleep while it's on auto, the fun part happens between games, when you change the book. This experience used to be available only in correspondence games which used to be months or even years long, but now is available at 5 minutes per game time controls.

People claiming things they don't know about because they haven't tried it have not thought this through, it's like car racing where you give instructions to the car about what roads to take to get somewhere, then you get into the car and it drives itself.

What do you 'do' during a game? You enjoy the ride. It can be fulfilling when you beat the best at this.
Your beliefs create your reality, so be careful what you wish for.