Fun game on Lichess

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Eduard
Full name: N.N.

Fun game on Lichess

Post by Eduard »

Today I played 4 games on Lichess with my Bot. In all games I had the black pieces, and I noticed that Lichess gave the white pieces to the weaker ones more often. If I get black three times in a row against the same player, then it's no longer fun! That's why i stopped playing there today !!

At least the graphics were fun!

I watch my game on the lichess display and it looks like this:

My engine is black and I think my engine will win!

Then I look at the Banksia GUI graphic:

Opps, where does the white knight come from? :))

The position in the Banksia GUI is correct, the position in Lichess is wrong.
Cornfed
Full name: Brian D. Smith

Re: Fun game on Lichess

Post by Cornfed »

Eduard wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 7:47 pm Today I played 4 games on Lichess with my Bot. In all games I had the black pieces, and I noticed that Lichess gave the white pieces to the weaker ones more often. If I get black three times in a row against the same player, then it's no longer fun! That's why i stopped playing there today !!

At least the graphics were fun!

I watch my game on the lichess display and it looks like this:

My engine is black and I think my engine will win!

Then I look at the Banksia GUI graphic:

Opps, where does the white knight come from? :))

The position in the Banksia GUI is correct, the position in Lichess is wrong.
Question: When you 'play with a bot'...how does that work? I don't mean the setting up with Banksia to actually do it...I mean, after that is done, the actual game play.
Eduard

Post by Eduard »

By the way, the server keeps statistics on every detail, even with a comma for the rating. However, the server is not able to create a balanced color distribution, not even when the same players play against each other several times in a row. What use is an Elo given with a comma if I have to be annoyed that I have to lead the black pieces 3 times in a row against the same player? :shock:
Eduard

Post by Eduard »

Cornfed wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 8:17 pm
Question: When you 'play with a bot'...how does that work? I don't mean the setting up with Banksia to actually do it...I mean, after that is done, the actual game play.
Here is a video on Youtube - and an introduction in German on my homepage.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LCvQPM4VgkY

https://solista-chess.jimdosite.com/lichess/
marsell

Post by marsell »

Maybe you should bring the topic to the Lichess forum
here https://lichess.org/forum/lichess-feedback
Eduard

Post by Eduard »

Too many forums and platforms for me. I'm slowly losing the overview (There is also Discord, Chess2U, etc.).
Cornfed

Post by Cornfed »

Eduard wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 8:35 pm
Cornfed wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 8:17 pm
Here is a video on Youtube - and an introduction in German on my homepage.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LCvQPM4VgkY

https://solista-chess.jimdosite.com/lichess/
I've seen those video's before...lots of set up info like I mentioned.
What I simply do not understand is...what are YOU doing during the game. Perhaps I should put it that way.
Eduard

Post by Eduard »

What exactly is your problem? In the Banksia GUI you select the Lichess Bot menu. There the installed engine is loaded, the account entered and the token (16 characters that you get when you create the bot account on Lichess). Then click on Go Online. Now the account is connected to Lichess.

Now you can configure the automatic challenge under Challenge as in the video.

Alternatively, you can log in to Lichess via a browser (I use Chrome) with your account name and password (not token). There you select another bot under Player - - -> Bots and challenge it. If the GUI is connected to Lichess, the GUI is automatically started via the token when the game is started on Lichess. You can watch the game in the GUI as well as in the browser on Lichess.

By the way, so that others can challenge your account, you have to be logged in to Lichess via a browser. Otherwise nobody will see you there! I am therefore always connected to Lichess through a browser, and not only with the BanksiaGUI.

Login Lichess BanksiaGUI with Token.
Login Lichess (via Browser) with Account Password.
Eduard

Post by Eduard »

Here is a picture of the 3 games against the same player in a row:

After I got black before that, I hoped at least that I would get the white pieces against the same opponent after the second black game. But the server said it had to give my opponent a third time in a row. Something like that can't be right and it's not fun. I won the games, but that's not the point !! It's absolutely no fun to always play the same color against the same opponent. Changing colors is part of the game of chess and is important! Apparently not that important for Lichess.
Cornfed

Post by Cornfed »

Eduard wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 1:13 am What exactly is your problem?
No 'problem'...you again talk about the mechanics of getting set up.

I asked: what does the person putting the bot up there...'do' during a game. I don't know how to be any more clear than that.

Are you...given, say, 4 or 5 moves "pv" from engine output and chose one to play? Are you just sitting doing nothing while the engine plays the game? I really do not know.