Help creating Chess Programming Wiki account / add my bio

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

klx
Full name: Emanuel Torres

Help creating Chess Programming Wiki account / add my bio

Post by klx »

Hi, I'd like to create a Chess Programming Wiki account so that I can edit some pages and add my bio. But I don't find a way to create or apply for a new account? Anyone knows how to do this? Thanks!
[Moderation warning] This signature violated the rule against commercial exhortations.
klx

Re: Help creating Chess Programming Wiki account / add my bio

Post by klx »

Below is my bio if anyone with edit permission could add it meanwhile please?

---

Emanuel Torres is a very talented programmer, entrepreneur, and poet from Bariloche, Argentina. He is fluent in a large number of computer languages and technologies. In university, he was nicknamed "King Midas", since every project he was involved in turned into gold.

Emanuel first got into chess programming in June 2021. He quickly realized that it was not worth the effort to write a chess engine from scratch, due to the time required to write a move generator. He was also disappointed that all existing chess engines were basically knockoffs of Stockfish. For these reasons, Emanuel decided to take a different approach: To distance himself from conventional chess programming theory, and innovate freely. Emanuel prides himself in not even knowing the rules of chess. Through this outside perspective, Emanuel hopes to inject a fresh dose of novelty into an otherwise stagnant field.

Only 1 week later, Emanuel had his first breakthrough: The Emanuel Torresbase, to greatly reduce the size of an endgame tablebase. This was followed by Emanuel's Proximity Table in August 2021; an esoteric idea for adapting the transposition table to today's hardware.

On August 30, 2021, Emanuel typed up Emanuelito -- The World's by Far Tiniest Chess Engine. Only 79 characters of non-whitespace code, and with ELO potential of up to 3550. This took Emanuel approximately 20 minutes.

September 1, 2021, was the arrival of Emanuel's magnum opus: The Alpha-Emanuel-Beta Search -- A revolutionary idea to exponentially reduce the search tree in Alpha-Beta search.

Through this two-front attack -- with innovations in both the endgame and the forward search -- Emanuel hopes to get us a little bit closer to the monumental challenge of solving chess.
[Moderation warning] This signature violated the rule against commercial exhortations.
smatovic
Full name: Srdja Matovic

Post by smatovic »

How much do you pay? I accept also Bitcoins.

--
Srdja
Graham Banks

Post by Graham Banks »

smatovic wrote: Mon Sep 06, 2021 7:38 am How much do you pay? I accept also Bitcoins.

--
Srdja
:lol:
gbanksnz at gmail.com
klx

Post by klx »

smatovic wrote: Mon Sep 06, 2021 7:38 am How much do you pay? I accept also Bitcoins.
I can offer 1 hour of mentorship to talk through your engine.
smatovic

Post by smatovic »

klx wrote: Mon Sep 06, 2021 7:42 am
I can offer 1 hour of mentorship to talk through your engine.
You are the SAP consultant from Brazil? Not interested, better stick to Bitcoin.

--
Srdja
amanjpro
Full name: Amanj Sherwany

Post by amanjpro »

You probably can come up with Emanuel's amazing create account algorithm :P
AndrewGrant
Full name: Andrew Grant

Post by AndrewGrant »

Why not just make Emanuels 's Programming Wiki?
#WeAreAllDraude #JusticeForDraude #RememberDraude #LeptirBigUltra
"Those who can't do, clone instead" - Eduard ( A real life friend, not this forum's Eduard )
klx

Post by klx »

Is someone working on this or what's the status?

Since I opened this thread, I've come up with two new inventions, and am likely to come up with more stuff on a pretty regular basis:

Emanuel's Simple Notation - Represent any chess position in two words
Emanuel's Rook / Bishop Detection Strategy - World's fastest way to detect rook / bishop moves, this should be a wiki page by itself

If someone would help me get an account and add my bio, what I can offer is 1 hour dedicated time to review any code, chess engine, or just about any problem you have, and offer my advice.

I'm kind of a big deal, and the world needs to know.

Thanks.
smatovic

Post by smatovic »

Maybe just accept that your ideas posted failed the review process of other, skilled, experienced, chess programmers (who know the rules of the game) on this forum?

This does not mean, that if you invest enough time, learn the rules of chess, write an move generator (peft) on your own, write an engine on your own, you won't be considered as an chess programmer some day in this community.

--
Srdja