Fat Titz 1.1 released!

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Sopel
Full name: Tomasz Sobczyk

Fat Titz 1.1 released!

Post by Sopel »

The previous thread has been closed for an unknown reason (perhaps for off-topic unrelated to the engine?). As far as I know this was the first engine to have its thread closed, and I feel discriminated.

Fat Titz 1.1

Changes:
  • मुझे पढ़ें का हिंदी अनुवाद जोड़ें
  • 添加中文自述文件
  • Fix "Use NNUE" UCI option, now works correctly
  • Fix not printing "holy hell" when ep is the bestmove in the Anarchy mode.
  • Update to "do more LMR extensions for PV nodes"
  • Update to "CMH Pruning Tweak"
Note: The new nodes speedup formula with 3 fundamental constants by Additional Pylon aka ChickenLogic was unfortunately lost due to a github force-push malpractice. Stockfish should be thankful for this loss as otherwise the engine would just be unbeatable.

New binaries available here: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing. The _bin zip doesn't contain the net, as it has not changed.
Fat Titz 1.0

This is a FREE UCI-compatibile chess engine. It is a fork of cfish.

Thanks to Norman Schidt and Albert Sliver for inspiration on creating my own fork of Stockfish. Also big thanks to Robert Houdart for great optimization ideas, overall making the engine almost 20% faster!

This engine uses a HalfKAv2-2048x2-64-64-1 evaluation network, which contains whopping 4 times the knowledge of Stockfish 14. It was trained partially on Lc0 data, which gives it a unique positional style, while still preserving the tactical sharpness of Stockfish. The network was trained using a modification of the state-of-the-art NNUE trainer, utilizing publicly available datasets 1, 2, 3

Due to the large size the release is available only on google drive here. It includes Windows and Linux binaries for all supported architectures, along with the network. This is the only place where the network can be found.

Additional features
  • Polyglot support
  • Anarchy mode
    • Code: Select all

setoption name Anarchy value true
    • makes en-passant forced
  • 64-bit hash key
    • reduces the amount of hash collisions and allows for more robust long analysis
    • resizing the transposition table preserves the contents as much as possible
  • Persistent transposition table

setoption name PersistentTTMinDepth value 4
    (min 0, max 255). The minimum entry depth to store/load.

setoption name PersistentTTFileName value filename.ptt
    . The file which contains the persisted TT. Doesn't do anything on itself.

setoption name PersistentTTSerialize
    . Serializes the current transposition table according to the options above. The file is overwritten.

setoption name PersistentTTDeserialize
    . Deserializes the current transposition table according to the options above. Only worse entries are replaced.
dangi12012 wrote:No one wants to touch anything you have posted. That proves you now have negative reputations since everyone knows already you are a forum troll.

Maybe you copied your stockfish commits from someone else too?
I will look into that.
OfekShochat
Full name: ghostway

Re: Fat Titz 1.1 released!

Post by OfekShochat »

wooohooo
lucasart
Full name: lucasart

Post by lucasart »

Sopel wrote: Thanks to Norman Schidt and Albert Sliver for inspiration on creating my own fork of Stockfish. Also big thanks to Robert Houdart for great optimization ideas, overall making the engine almost 20% faster!
I like the (sarcastic) credit to Robert Houdart :lol:
https://github.com/Sopel97/FatTitz/comm ... 9ea11de64d
Theory and practice sometimes clash. And when that happens, theory loses. Every single time.
dkappe
Full name: Dietrich Kappe

Post by dkappe »

Fat Titz by Stockfish, the engine that leaves nothing to the imagination.
Fat Titz by Stockfish, the engine with the bodaciously big net. Remember: size matters. If you want to learn more about this engine just google for "Fat Titz".
Sylwy
Full name: SilvianR

Post by Sylwy »

Sopel wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 3:28 pm Fat Titz 1.1
THANK YOU !
Eduard
Full name: N.N.

Post by Eduard »

Thank you Sopel. Nice! In the other thread I only wrote serious postings and only topics related to chess. The thread was closed for no reason. Can't the moderator at least write why he is closing the thread? I feel discriminated against, I don't know what I did wrong.
dkappe
Full name: Dietrich Kappe

Post by dkappe »

Eduard wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 4:29 pm Thank you Sopel. Nice! In the other thread I only wrote serious postings and only topics related to chess. The thread was closed for no reason. Can't the moderator at least write why he is closing the thread? I feel discriminated against, I don't know what I did wrong.
Indeed. It’s not like this is Gamergate. A little light misogyny never hurt anyone, right?
Fat Titz by Stockfish, the engine with the bodaciously big net. Remember: size matters. If you want to learn more about this engine just google for "Fat Titz".
FredFergusonPM
Full name: Fred Ferguson

Post by FredFergusonPM »

dkappe wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 4:34 pm
Eduard wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 4:29 pm Thank you Sopel. Nice! In the other thread I only wrote serious postings and only topics related to chess. The thread was closed for no reason. Can't the moderator at least write why he is closing the thread? I feel discriminated against, I don't know what I did wrong.
Indeed. It’s not like this is Gamergate. A little light misogyny never hurt anyone, right?
Let's atleast keep this thread for chess related discussions.
So far, no one apart from you has tried to steer the topic away from the chess aspects of the engine.
Wouldn't want honest engine developers to suffer the consequences for someone else's actions.

BTW, Great work Sopel. I look forward to more innovations in the NNUE space !
Sopel
Full name: Tomasz Sobczyk

Post by Sopel »

dkappe wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 4:12 pm Fat Titz by Stockfish, the engine that leaves nothing to the imagination.
Fat Titz by me, syzygy, and the Stockfish developers. Please don't leave us 2 out.
dangi12012 wrote:No one wants to touch anything you have posted. That proves you now have negative reputations since everyone knows already you are a forum troll.

Maybe you copied your stockfish commits from someone else too?
I will look into that.
Eduard
Full name: N.N.

Post by Eduard »

dkappe wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 4:12 pm Fat Titz by Stockfish, the engine that leaves nothing to the imagination.
I only write topic-related posts and I'm interested in this engine (unlike you). I can't judge what others write, my English is too bad for that. If something is wrong, it has to be corrected, that's what moderators are for!

Offensive postings can be corrected by moderators, and posters can be warned, this is what moderators are for. But to close a whole thread? We are not in a dictatorship!