Fat Titz 1.1 released!

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Sopel
Full name: Tomasz Sobczyk

Re: Fat Titz 1.1 released!

Post by Sopel »

Graham Banks wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 12:55 pm Nowadays, using the 'n' word is considered hate speech here, and would lead to serious repercussions.
I find it very disturbing that a word can be considered "hate speech" without any context.
dangi12012 wrote:No one wants to touch anything you have posted. That proves you now have negative reputations since everyone knows already you are a forum troll.

Maybe you copied your stockfish commits from someone else too?
I will look into that.
Sylwy
Full name: SilvianR

Post by Sylwy »

Sopel wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 10:48 am
AndrewGrant wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 9:12 am Sopel, have you reached out to CCRL to see if they would like to rate your engine? I would be excited to see it at the top of the list! Likewise perhaps CCC and TCEC could be notified. It would not be unprecedented afterall.
I'm boycotting CCRL as they still have not put FF2 in the Stockfish family. I have no intention on talking to anyone from CCRL until that happens.

TCEC knows, if they want to run a bonus with this it would be cool, but I won't ask them to.
:wink: Surprise ! Surprise ! They have already done it.

:lol: In other words: it seems that there is a psychosis related to the name of the engine. Some look like as they living in a nunnery ........others in an old port tavern. It looks like the thread will be locked soon. :wink:

The engine+NNUE = OK !
Sopel

Post by Sopel »

Sylwy wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 1:58 pm
Sopel wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 10:48 am
AndrewGrant wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 9:12 am Sopel, have you reached out to CCRL to see if they would like to rate your engine? I would be excited to see it at the top of the list! Likewise perhaps CCC and TCEC could be notified. It would not be unprecedented afterall.
I'm boycotting CCRL as they still have not put FF2 in the Stockfish family. I have no intention on talking to anyone from CCRL until that happens.

TCEC knows, if they want to run a bonus with this it would be cool, but I won't ask them to.
:wink: Surprise ! Surprise ! They have already done it.

:lol: In other words: it seems that there is a psychosis related to the name of the engine. Some look like as they living in a nunnery ........others in an old port tavern. It looks like the thread will be locked soon. :wink:

The engine+NNUE = OK !
Yes, I'm aware that the name contains "SF", but the engine is not assigned to the Stockfish family, instead it is in the "Fritz" family. I wonder what family would Fat Titz be assigned to?
dangi12012 wrote:No one wants to touch anything you have posted. That proves you now have negative reputations since everyone knows already you are a forum troll.

I will look into that.
Sylwy
Full name: SilvianR

Post by Sylwy »

Sopel wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 2:07 pm Yes, I'm aware that the name contains "SF", but the engine is not assigned to the Stockfish family, instead it is in the "Fritz" family. I wonder what family would Fat Titz be assigned to?
Scientifically, it should be: NNUE tribe-SF gens-Fat clan-Titzy family. :wink: I am sure that the scientists from the CCC forum will solve the problem in 3-4 years ....... after a few closed threads & a few altercations. Let's be optimistic! :wink: Fat Titz exists.
menniepals

Post by menniepals »

I love Fat Titz
Sopel

Post by Sopel »

Fat Titz has won in the Mark Young's tournament!

I will look into that.
lucasart
Full name: lucasart

Post by lucasart »

Sopel wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 9:58 pm Fat Titz has won in the Mark Young's tournament!

According to your testing, is there really a measurable elo gain from the larger network ? Couldn't this slight elo difference to regularSF (assuming confirmed) result simply from cfish being slightly faster (for same functionality) ?

What would be nice, IMO, is to get rid of the hand coded eval completely (including endgames), and rely fully on NN (and syzygy for endgames).

Also, I wonder if using Chess960 for training the network would work. In theory it should make the eval more robust.
Theory and practice sometimes clash. And when that happens, theory loses. Every single time.
AndrewGrant
Full name: Andrew Grant

Post by AndrewGrant »

lucasart wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 5:34 am Also, I wonder if using Chess960 for training the network would work. In theory it should make the eval more robust.
Have some experience there: I trained two networks -- a standard net using only standard chess games from Ethereal v12.XX, and then a fischer net using only fischer games from Ethereal v12.XX.

The fischer net was some 40 elo worse than the standard network, when playing standard games.
The standard net was some 50 elo worse than the fischer network, when playing fischer games.
Mixing the two is still an open question, but my experience for NNUE is that FRC = bad.

However, FRC games did help my hand-crafted evaluation, back when I was working on that..
#WeAreAllDraude #JusticeForDraude #RememberDraude #LeptirBigUltra
"Those who can't do, clone instead" - Eduard ( A real life friend, not this forum's Eduard )
Vernon Crawford
Full name: Vernon Crawford

Post by Vernon Crawford »

Sylwy wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 2:31 pm
Sopel wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 2:07 pm Yes, I'm aware that the name contains "SF", but the engine is not assigned to the Stockfish family, instead it is in the "Fritz" family. I wonder what family would Fat Titz be assigned to?
Scientifically, it should be: NNUE tribe-SF gens-Fat clan-Titzy family. :wink: I am sure that the scientists from the CCC forum will solve the problem in 3-4 years ....... after a few closed threads & a few altercations. Let's be optimistic! :wink: Fat Titz exists.
:lol:
+1
Vernon Crawford
Full name: Vernon Crawford

Post by Vernon Crawford »

smatovic wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 9:21 am
Michel wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 7:54 am The people here that think Fat Titz is an appropriate name should consult with their wives or daughters.

But I guess they probably don’t have them.
You can not fix this Michel. Pubertal twenty-somes who suffer from Corona-Lockdown stress are taking over TC with their gamer-culture. Bullying, in-group-thinking, flame-wars, blabla...there is a reason people like Dann, Chris or Mar do not come in here anymore.

--
Srdja
As someone who's been reading talkchess (but not participating) for a long time, I have to say I think you've hit the nail on the head.
It seems antagonism and hate have been ratchetted up significantly in the last year or two. This engine, it's name, way it was released, it's adolescent attempts at demeaning others, and the arrogance to bully CCRL is offensive. I sincerely hope that the new set of moderators will ban behavior like this.