Fat Titz 1.0 released

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Michel

Re: Fat Titz 1.0 released

Post by Michel »

What I wanted to say is that whether men would be offended by "Fat Cock" is irrelevant to the issue that women would be offended by "Fat Titz".

Women have long suffered and still stuffer from sexualization by men. So references to female anatomy carry a lot more weight than references to male anatomy.

If you think it is just a joke, think of your engine being used by a female chess player....
Ideas=science. Simplification=engineering.
Without ideas there is nothing to simplify.
Raphexon
Full name: Henk Drost

Post by Raphexon »

It's literally a regular surname.
Sopel
Full name: Tomasz Sobczyk

Post by Sopel »

Michel wrote: Sun Aug 29, 2021 1:53 pm What I wanted to say is that whether men would be offended by "Fat Cock" is irrelevant to the issue that women would be offended by "Fat Titz".

Women have long suffered and still stuffer from sexualization by men. So references to female anatomy carry a lot more weight than references to male anatomy.

If you think it is just a joke, think of your engine being used by a female chess player....
There has not been a single female that complained about the name of this engine. There have however been 2 men who did on their behalf. Why are you victimizing women?
So references to female anatomy carry a lot more weight than references to male anatomy.
And you're trying to reinforce this backward view
dangi12012 wrote:No one wants to touch anything you have posted. That proves you now have negative reputations since everyone knows already you are a forum troll.

Maybe you copied your stockfish commits from someone else too?
I will look into that.
Michel

Post by Michel »

Sopel wrote: Sun Aug 29, 2021 2:08 pm
Michel wrote: Sun Aug 29, 2021 1:53 pm What I wanted to say is that whether men would be offended by "Fat Cock" is irrelevant to the issue that women would be offended by "Fat Titz".

There has not been a single female that complained about the name of this engine. There have however been 2 men who did on their behalf. Why are you victimizing women?
So references to female anatomy carry a lot more weight than references to male anatomy.
It is rather obvious that on an exclusively male forum no women would react. And why the truth would be backward I do not understand.
Sopel

Post by Sopel »

Michel wrote: Sun Aug 29, 2021 2:12 pm

It is rather obvious that on an exclusively male forum no women would react. And why the truth would be backward I do not understand.
Are you saying there's something inherently different to referencing female anatomy as opposed to male anatomy? Don't put your, or society's, prejudice as truth, please.
dangi12012 wrote:No one wants to touch anything you have posted. That proves you now have negative reputations since everyone knows already you are a forum troll.

I will look into that.
Michel

Post by Michel »

Sopel wrote: Sun Aug 29, 2021 2:18 pm

Are you saying there's something inherently different to referencing female anatomy as opposed to male anatomy? Don't put your, or society's, prejudice as truth, please.
Yes it is different because of the context. This is not prejudice.

Many professional women find booth babes offensive, while few men would have problems with a male version.

The fact that "booth babes" are mostly female is precisely because men like to sexualize women.
Sopel

Post by Sopel »

Michel wrote: Sun Aug 29, 2021 2:28 pm

Many professional women find booth babes offensive, while few men would have problems with a male version.

The fact that "booth babes" are mostly female is precisely because men like to sexualize women.
It seems to me that we both refer to the same problem, but whereas I want to tackle it by improving the future, you want to tackle it by accomodating to the past.

I will look into that.
Michel

Post by Michel »

Sopel wrote: Sun Aug 29, 2021 2:39 pm

It seems to me that we both refer to the same problem, but whereas I want to tackle it by improving the future, you want to tackle it by accomodating to the past.
It is the other way round. You are prolonging the past. Why did you choose female anatomy to refer to your engine? Right: sexualization of women always draws attention.

You could indeed have called your engine "Fat Cock" (Cock is a surname as well) which would have been a nice statement.
Hurnavich

Post by Hurnavich »

Michel wrote: Sun Aug 29, 2021 3:07 pm
Sopel wrote: Sun Aug 29, 2021 2:39 pm

It is the other way round. You are prolonging the past. Why did you choose female anatomy to refer to your engine? Right: sexualization of women always draws attention.

You could indeed have called your engine "Fat Cock" (Cock is a surname as well) which would have been a nice statement.
And what about the load of bollocks to all this :D :roll:
"May your next game be your best"
maxdeg

Post by maxdeg »

:D

Am currently playing against a player called Titzhoff - some would find that offensive. Well tufftitz to that.
Looking forward to FatButz, FatLipz, FatToez and so on.

Thank you Mr Sopel +5 !!

:D