Fat Titz 1.0 released

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

supersharp77

Re: Fat Titz 1.0 released

Post by supersharp77 »

Eduard wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 9:55 pm There are so many new nn networks. A new stockfish boy is born almost every day. He knocks everything down. Then a "wizard" (cloner of clones of a Clone) by the name of Herr Sopel comes along, takes an old man Cfish, mixes him a new magic drink, and a new (imposter) "star" is born. :lol: ...(LMAO)

Youtube match by --> VendableBee 420:
Fat Titz 26/08/2021 + fat_titz.nnue
VERSUS
Stockfish 15 Dev 26/08/2021 + nn-517c4f68b5df.nnue

100 games each Round Robin

Book Details:
'TCEC 21_superfinal'
= 50 x openings.
Sequential Openings with colors reversed.

Time control Blitz 10m + 5s
Fat _Titz versus SF15 dev with SuFi 21 Book, last game is running.
No... my Friend Trust Me he meant to make a big JOKE Concerning Fat Fritz 2 (CHESSBASE) Saying "These Clones Infringe Stockfish Integrity" I tried to tell them These "Clones'..Fat Fritz 2...Eman...CorChess...SugaR...Raubfisch...etc etc were no Laughing matter...& They were All Warned.. but of course..."Sometimes when you execute a 'witch Hunt' you need to take care you don't burn your own house down"..... :) :wink: 8-)
Eduard
Full name: N.N.

Post by Eduard »

Can someone explain how it can be that a fun engine (Fat Titz) can win a match on 100 games on a serious TC against the latest version of Stockfish? The TCEC SuFi 2021 openings where matches are guaranteed at the highest level were selected as the book. Whoever wins such a match has to be really good, doesn't it? When was the last time Stockfish lost a SuFi?

By the way, rating lists are good and important for the scene. However, I prefer to win matches and tournaments. For that, Fat Titz seems to be a good choice, yesterday I did very well on PlayChess.
gaard
Full name: Martin W

Post by gaard »

Eduard wrote: Sun Aug 29, 2021 12:37 am Can someone explain how it can be that a fun engine (Fat Titz) can win a match on 100 games on a serious TC against the latest version of Stockfish? The TCEC SuFi 2021 openings where matches are guaranteed at the highest level were selected as the book. Whoever wins such a match has to be really good, doesn't it? When was the last time Stockfish lost a SuFi?

By the way, rating lists are good and important for the scene. However, I prefer to win matches and tournaments. For that, Fat Titz seems to be a good choice, yesterday I did very well on PlayChess.
The number of games and a score close to 50 % leaves at least a 25 % chance that SF is better than FT. In other words, too few games to draw meaningful conclusions.
Sopel
Full name: Tomasz Sobczyk

Post by Sopel »

Eduard wrote: Sun Aug 29, 2021 12:37 am Can someone explain how it can be that a fun engine (Fat Titz) can win a match on 100 games on a serious TC against the latest version of Stockfish? The TCEC SuFi 2021 openings where matches are guaranteed at the highest level were selected as the book. Whoever wins such a match has to be really good, doesn't it? When was the last time Stockfish lost a SuFi?

Because with Stockfish we now have a good trainer and a setup that reproducibly yields nets very close to master strength. And the recent performance improvements mean that I can train 1 such net per 2 days on a V100.
dangi12012 wrote:No one wants to touch anything you have posted. That proves you now have negative reputations since everyone knows already you are a forum troll.

Maybe you copied your stockfish commits from someone else too?
I will look into that.
Michel

Post by Michel »

Sopel wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 4:00 pm I was prompted in a private message that the name of this engine is mysogynistic, so I want to clarify that "Titz" is a German surname that happens to rhyme with "Fritz", and the fact that it is "an altered form of the frequent masculine given name Dietrich" is a coincidence.
The name of this engine is needlessly offensive towards women. Joking about it does not change that.
Ideas=science. Simplification=engineering.
Without ideas there is nothing to simplify.
towforce

Post by towforce »

Michel wrote: Sun Aug 29, 2021 11:41 amThe name of this engine is needlessly offensive towards women. Joking about it does not change that.

You've given me an idea for a comedy panel TV show (or at least a part of one):

1. Pick a sentence at random from the internet

2. The comedians on the panel have to find ways to take offence from that sentence

:lol:
Writing is the antidote to confusion.
It's not "how smart you are", it's "how are you smart".
Your brain doesn't work the way you want, so train it!
Sopel

Post by Sopel »

Michel wrote: Sun Aug 29, 2021 11:41 am
Sopel wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 4:00 pm I was prompted in a private message that the name of this engine is mysogynistic, so I want to clarify that "Titz" is a German surname that happens to rhyme with "Fritz", and the fact that it is "an altered form of the frequent masculine given name Dietrich" is a coincidence.
The name of this engine is needlessly offensive towards women. Joking about it does not change that.
Would "Fat Cock" be offensive towards men? Or chickens?
dangi12012 wrote:No one wants to touch anything you have posted. That proves you now have negative reputations since everyone knows already you are a forum troll.

I will look into that.
Michel

Post by Michel »

That's called "whataboutism"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Whataboutism
Ideas=science. Simplification=engineering.
Without ideas there is nothing to simplify.
Raphexon
Full name: Henk Drost

Post by Raphexon »

Because at the end of the day it's a normal (but big) net that's fed the same data as any other SF net and trained with normal parameters.
Sopel tested it to be about equal to SF14 (I think at 60+0.6) so of course it has a decent chance against SFdev in a 100 game match.

And maybe it actually is stronger at very long TC.
Sopel

Post by Sopel »

Michel wrote: Sun Aug 29, 2021 1:09 pm That's called "whataboutism"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Whataboutism
Are we arguing? You presented your opinion and I asked for another one, because your view surprised me and I want to understand it better.

I will look into that.