GM Anand playing Vs Komodo ( Anand Bot) ?

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Chessqueen
Full name: Jorge Picado

GM Anand playing Vs Komodo ( Anand Bot) ?

Post by Chessqueen »

Is GM Anand playing Vs Komodo ( Anand Bot) ? What skill level would that be 25 or 26 ?
Who is 17 years old GM Gukesh 2nd at the Candidate in Toronto?
https://indianexpress.com/article/sport ... t-9281394/
AdminX

Re: GM Anand playing Vs Komodo ( Anand Bot) ?

Post by AdminX »

Enjoyed the video, but not sure if I wanted to see Anand playing with himself however! :D
"Good decisions come from experience, and experience comes from bad decisions."

Post by lkaufman »

Chessqueen wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 2:00 pm Is GM Anand playing Vs Komodo ( Anand Bot) ? What skill level would that be 25 or 26 ?
I believe that the Anand Bot is Skill level 23 (with minor modifications). There is no 26, and 25 is just full strength Komodo.
Komodo rules!
Chessqueen

Post by Chessqueen »

lkaufman wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 3:34 pm
Chessqueen wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 2:00 pm Is GM Anand playing Vs Komodo ( Anand Bot) ? What skill level would that be 25 or 26 ?
I believe that the Anand Bot is Skill level 23 (with minor modifications). There is no 26, and 25 is just full strength Komodo.
If that is the case Skill level 24 can give Carlsen a challenge at the same time control.
Chessqueen

Post by Chessqueen »

And what computer played versus Carlsen ? ==>
And Playing White ==>
lkaufman

Post by lkaufman »

Chessqueen wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 5:23 pm
And Playing White ==>
And Playing White ==>
Well, it says it is level 25, which should be full strength Komodo (pre-dragon) on one thread, but I'm not sure how fast is the processor running it, I'm trying to get more info on that. It would indeed be strange if Carlsen scored 1.5 out of 2 in blitz with full strength Komodo, even on one thread, pre-NNUE, with a variety opening book, unless the hardware was super slow. Hikaru did win one game out of close to 20 against level 25 Komodo, but I suspect that there must be something different in this case, Carlsen is not that much stronger than Hikaru in blitz.
Komodo rules!
lkaufman

Post by lkaufman »

And Playing White ==>
It seems that it was running Komodo 13.2.5, and running in the browser which I believe means roughly half the speed of whatever computer he was playing it on, on one thread. Even so, getting a single victory is remarkable. Perhaps he played many games and just made a video of the one he won and the one he drew. Just a guess.
Komodo rules!
zenpawn

Post by zenpawn »

If you expand the description on the Magnus game videos, it states "Magnus Carlsen's play is represented by Magnus Age 29 on the play Magnus App." (and Magnus Age 30 on the other one), i.e., not the champ himself, rather another engine.
Erin Dame
Author of RookieMonster
lkaufman

Post by lkaufman »

zenpawn wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 11:43 pm If you expand the description on the Magnus game videos, it states "Magnus Carlsen's play is represented by Magnus Age 29 on the play Magnus App." (and Magnus Age 30 on the other one), i.e., not the champ himself, rather another engine.
Thanks! That was really hard to spot, all the comments and text suggested it was really Magnus playing the games. I did find it rather strange that he was able to play that well moving so quickly. So it's just a couple games between Stockfish and Komodo both a bit weakened. It does suggest that the App plays stronger than the real human.
Komodo rules!
lkaufman

Post by lkaufman »

Chessqueen wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 4:50 pm
If that is the case Skill level 24 can give Carlsen a challenge at the same time control.
As I get more data, I'm now thinking that adding 200 to the CCRL Rapid ratings is a pretty good estimate of human FIDE rating at Rapid (15' + 10"), without much need for adjustment at the extremes, and since I have Dragon 2 Skill24 at 2687 on the CCRL scale after 1000 games this would be 2887 FIDE, indeed slightly above Magnus Carlsen. With a search depth of only ten plies (with heavy pruning and reduction, and with eval randomness thrown in) it seems rather remarkable that it should be a favorite in Rapid vs. Carlsen, but NNUE has really strengthened play and I believe that this is accurate.
Komodo rules!