ceres

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

stavros

ceres

Post by stavros »

why nobody cares about ceres? (no rating lists, no matches etc?)look at TCEC vs Dragon its not the new no1 engine?
dkappe
Full name: Dietrich Kappe

Re: ceres

Post by dkappe »

stavros wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 10:08 pm why nobody cares about ceres? (no rating lists, no matches etc?)look at TCEC vs Dragon its not the new no1 engine?
Just a FYI, it is playing on a kibitzer machine, not the main TCEC HW. My impression is that the GPU is a bit heftier than the CPU on that machine, but you’d have to check with the TCEC admins.
Fat Titz by Stockfish, the engine with the bodaciously big net. Remember: size matters. If you want to learn more about this engine just google for "Fat Titz".
AdminX

Post by AdminX »

stavros wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 10:08 pm why nobody cares about ceres? (no rating lists, no matches etc?)look at TCEC vs Dragon its not the new no1 engine?
Clearly you do. Besides if no care about Ceres, then clearly they don't care about your opinion either. :lol:
"Good decisions come from experience, and experience comes from bad decisions."

Post by stavros »

well soon they will admit the new era
Chessqueen
Full name: Jorge Picado

Post by Chessqueen »

http://talkchess.com/forum3/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=77900
Who is 17 years old GM Gukesh 2nd at the Candidate in Toronto?
https://indianexpress.com/article/sport ... t-9281394/
Luecx
Full name: Finn Eggers

Post by Luecx »

stavros wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 12:06 am well soon they will admit the new era
What do you mean with new era? It is based on Leela. The official Leela project has moved to Ceres afaik. This is no new era. Also Ceres only shows +20 over Leela. So nowhere near #1...
The ability to speak does not make you intelligent. https://github.com/Luecx/Koivisto

amanjpro
Full name: Amanj Sherwany

Post by amanjpro »

Luecx wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 5:50 pm
What do you mean with new era? It is based on Leela. The official Leela project has moved to Ceres afaik. This is no new era. Also Ceres only shows +20 over Leela. So nowhere near #1...
Do we have a rating list that is fair to GPU engines? according to TCEC, SF is around 20 points stronger than Leela... all other rating lists, that I know off, test CPU version of Leela, which is not near its top top strength really...
AdminX

Post by AdminX »

Okay, this is one bad ass logo!! :D

Direct link: https://i.ibb.co/ScHHbt6/maxresdefault.jpg
"Good decisions come from experience, and experience comes from bad decisions."
Full name: Finn Eggers

Post by Luecx »

amanjpro wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 7:05 pm
Do we have a rating list that is fair to GPU engines? according to TCEC, SF is around 20 points stronger than Leela... all other rating lists, that I know off, test CPU version of Leela, which is not near its top top strength really...
How about you start asking the actual authors instead of unknowing people in this forum? I asked in the Leela Discord a week ago. 20 ELO. I assume the Leela guys know how to properly test gpu engines.
The ability to speak does not make you intelligent. https://github.com/Luecx/Koivisto

amanjpro
Full name: Amanj Sherwany

Post by amanjpro »

Luecx wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 9:50 pm
amanjpro wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 7:05 pm
How about you start asking the actual authors instead of unknowing people in this forum? I asked in the Leela Discord a week ago. 20 ELO. I assume the Leela guys know how to properly test gpu engines.
Huh? did I say you were wrong in the estimate? I said the diff between current Leela and SF in TCEC rating is about 20 points anyways, so +20 for Ceres means something at this level....