Moderator Elections (Comments)

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Dann Corbit, Harvey Williamson

Forum rules
This textbox is used to restore diagrams posted with the [d] tag before the upgrade.
Henk
Posts: 7003
Joined: Mon May 27, 2013 8:31 am

Moderator Elections (Comments)

Post by Henk » Tue Jul 13, 2021 4:15 pm

No elections needed we can all migrate to https://prodeo.actieforum.com/
And no need to post about chess all the time. Like in the good old days before they stole Chess Thinkers Forum from us.

karger
Posts: 218
Joined: Tue Feb 02, 2010 1:27 am
Full name: John Karger

Re: Moderator Elections (Comments)

Post by karger » Wed Jul 14, 2021 12:56 am

The forum you linked to has a post in it's humor section about Hitler being humorous. I am of German Jewish descent & found that disgusting & will never post on your forum , much less vote for a moderator. Shame on your entire forum. John Karger.

dannyb
Posts: 76
Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2018 4:08 pm
Full name: Daniel Bennett

Re: Moderator Elections (Comments)

Post by dannyb » Wed Jul 14, 2021 6:15 am

karger wrote:
Wed Jul 14, 2021 12:56 am
The forum you linked to has a post in it's humor section about Hitler being humorous. I am of German Jewish descent & found that disgusting & will never post on your forum , much less vote for a moderator. Shame on your entire forum. John Karger.
Ed Schroder owns and moderates that forum.
The same Ed Schroder you nominated as moderator.
The same Ed Schroder who allows hate posts against USA in that forum (see posts by mclane).
The same Ed Schroder who will most likely reopen the Chess Thinker Forum.
The same Ed Schroder who offered money to the Talkchess owner to keep CTF open going against majority vote.

karger
Posts: 218
Joined: Tue Feb 02, 2010 1:27 am
Full name: John Karger

Re: Moderator Elections (Comments)

Post by karger » Wed Jul 14, 2021 7:37 am

Get over it , Junior ... 😢

Henk
Posts: 7003
Joined: Mon May 27, 2013 8:31 am

Re: Moderator Elections (Comments)

Post by Henk » Wed Jul 14, 2021 8:00 am

One can only trust his dog. ( By the way I don't have a dog)
Majority vote ? Nazis also had majority in 1932.

User avatar
lithander
Posts: 365
Joined: Sun Dec 27, 2020 1:40 am
Location: Bremen, Germany
Full name: Thomas Jahn

Re: Moderator Elections (Comments)

Post by lithander » Wed Jul 14, 2021 9:22 am

dannyb wrote:
Wed Jul 14, 2021 6:15 am
The same Ed Schroder who will most likely reopen the Chess Thinker Forum.
I have heard the CTF mentioned a few times already. Could anyone fill me in on the controversy around it?

Personally my vote (do I have a vote?) will go to anyone who will keep this place about chess and chess programming only.
Minimal Chess. A simple engine written in C#! Details on Youtube & Github

User avatar
Rebel
Posts: 6378
Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:04 am

Re: Moderator Elections (Comments)

Post by Rebel » Wed Jul 14, 2021 9:23 am

dannyb wrote:
Wed Jul 14, 2021 6:15 am
karger wrote:
Wed Jul 14, 2021 12:56 am
The forum you linked to has a post in it's humor section about Hitler being humorous. I am of German Jewish descent & found that disgusting & will never post on your forum , much less vote for a moderator. Shame on your entire forum. John Karger.
Ed Schroder owns and moderates that forum.
The same Ed Schroder you nominated as moderator.
The same Ed Schroder who allows hate posts against USA in that forum (see posts by mclane).
The same Ed Schroder who will most likely reopen the Chess Thinker Forum.
The same Ed Schroder who offered money to the Talkchess owner to keep CTF open going against majority vote.
Ah, it's election time!
90% of coding is debugging, the other 10% is writing bugs.

User avatar
Rebel
Posts: 6378
Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:04 am

Re: Moderator Elections (Comments)

Post by Rebel » Wed Jul 14, 2021 9:25 am

lithander wrote:
Wed Jul 14, 2021 9:22 am
dannyb wrote:
Wed Jul 14, 2021 6:15 am
The same Ed Schroder who will most likely reopen the Chess Thinker Forum.
I have heard the CTF mentioned a few times already. Could anyone fill me in on the controversy around it?

Personally my vote (do I have a vote?) will go to anyone who will keep this place about chess and chess programming only.
It's a lie, the red.
90% of coding is debugging, the other 10% is writing bugs.

User avatar
mvanthoor
Posts: 1298
Joined: Wed Jul 03, 2019 2:42 pm
Location: Netherlands
Full name: Marcel Vanthoor
Contact:

Re: Moderator Elections (Comments)

Post by mvanthoor » Wed Jul 14, 2021 9:36 am

lithander wrote:
Wed Jul 14, 2021 9:22 am
I have heard the CTF mentioned a few times already. Could anyone fill me in on the controversy around it?
Personally my vote (do I have a vote?) will go to anyone who will keep this place about chess and chess programming only.
Personally, I never go outside the General or Programming forums. I don't involve myself in the Engine Origins forums or topics. (If I don't like an engine or the author for whatever reason, I just don't pay any attention to it.) As far as I've heard from the CTF, it was basically a free-for-all mosh-pit... but that was my impression. I could be wrong.
Author of Rustic, an engine written in Rust.
Releases | Code | Docs | Progress | CCRL

User avatar
hgm
Posts: 26576
Joined: Fri Mar 10, 2006 9:06 am
Location: Amsterdam
Full name: H G Muller
Contact:

Re: Moderator Elections (Comments)

Post by hgm » Wed Jul 14, 2021 9:43 am

Rebel wrote:
Wed Jul 14, 2021 9:25 am
lithander wrote:
Wed Jul 14, 2021 9:22 am
dannyb wrote:
Wed Jul 14, 2021 6:15 am
The same Ed Schroder who will most likely reopen the Chess Thinker Forum.
I have heard the CTF mentioned a few times already. Could anyone fill me in on the controversy around it?

Personally my vote (do I have a vote?) will go to anyone who will keep this place about chess and chess programming only.
It's a lie, the red.
That is a bit of an unwarranted accusation, please keep it civilized. A speculation can never be a lie, even if it is wrong, and the word 'likely' clearly indicates that this is just speculation. And not a far-fetched one, as at the time you were quite vocal in trying to keep CTF open. So it is understandable that people eye your candidacy with suspicion.

Just don't forget to address this clearly in your policy statement.

Post Reply