Meet Zahak's shiny logo

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Dann Corbit, Harvey Williamson

Forum rules
This textbox is used to restore diagrams posted with the [d] tag before the upgrade.
amanjpro
Posts: 561
Joined: Sat Mar 13, 2021 12:47 am
Full name: Amanj Sherwany
Contact:

Re: Meet Zahak's shiny logo

Post by amanjpro » Wed Jul 07, 2021 12:02 am

AdminX wrote:
Tue Jul 06, 2021 10:58 am
Playing two test games with Zahak vs PaulChen332 right now.

https://youtu.be/M6MgRz8eK88
I followed the first game. This is the first time to see Zahak okay such a long game. And he didn't really use time all that wisely.

The first game Zahak lost, after blundering a pretty equal endgame. I dont think I should worry about this, as the punishment happened some 20 moves later.

I was trying to follow the second game, but somehow the stream was cut. Do you by any chance know what happened? And do you have the PGN?

User avatar
AdminX
Posts: 5862
Joined: Mon Mar 13, 2006 1:34 pm
Location: Acworth, GA
Contact:

Re: Meet Zahak's shiny logo

Post by AdminX » Wed Jul 07, 2021 12:12 am

amanjpro wrote:
Wed Jul 07, 2021 12:02 am
AdminX wrote:
Tue Jul 06, 2021 10:58 am
Playing two test games with Zahak vs PaulChen332 right now.

https://youtu.be/M6MgRz8eK88
I followed the first game. This is the first time to see Zahak okay such a long game. And he didn't really use time all that wisely.

The first game Zahak lost, after blundering a pretty equal endgame. I dont think I should worry about this, as the punishment happened some 20 moves later.

I was trying to follow the second game, but somehow the stream was cut. Do you by any chance know what happened? And do you have the PGN?
Sure thing, I had to restart the second game as I left swap sides unchecked and it was Zahak turn to play as white.



"Good decisions come from experience, and experience comes from bad decisions."
__________________________________________________________________
Ted Summers

amanjpro
Posts: 561
Joined: Sat Mar 13, 2021 12:47 am
Full name: Amanj Sherwany
Contact:

Re: Meet Zahak's shiny logo

Post by amanjpro » Wed Jul 07, 2021 12:29 am

Thank you very much. The second game was a short game. Somehow Zahak decided not to find. I probably add contempt factor for casual games to be played with. So Zahak doesn't seek short draws

User avatar
AdminX
Posts: 5862
Joined: Mon Mar 13, 2006 1:34 pm
Location: Acworth, GA
Contact:

Re: Meet Zahak's shiny logo

Post by AdminX » Wed Jul 07, 2021 12:47 am

amanjpro wrote:
Wed Jul 07, 2021 12:29 am
Thank you very much. The second game was a short game. Somehow Zahak decided not to find. I probably add contempt factor for casual games to be played with. So Zahak doesn't seek short draws
Yeah, but it was a sharp draw that did not see coming (above my paygrade). If I were playing the black side in a must win game, it would have been over for me.
"Good decisions come from experience, and experience comes from bad decisions."
__________________________________________________________________
Ted Summers

amanjpro
Posts: 561
Joined: Sat Mar 13, 2021 12:47 am
Full name: Amanj Sherwany
Contact:

Re: Meet Zahak's shiny logo

Post by amanjpro » Wed Jul 07, 2021 1:00 am

AdminX wrote:
Wed Jul 07, 2021 12:47 am
amanjpro wrote:
Wed Jul 07, 2021 12:29 am
Thank you very much. The second game was a short game. Somehow Zahak decided not to find. I probably add contempt factor for casual games to be played with. So Zahak doesn't seek short draws
Yeah, but it was a sharp draw that did not see coming (above my paygrade). If I were playing the black side in a must win game, it would have been over for me.
My goal for Zahak is more style than pure strength. I want it to play like how I wanted to play. Sharp, attacking and basically going for difficult lines. In this and previous version I sort of came closer to my goal... But there is still more to be done

carldaman
Posts: 2129
Joined: Sat Jun 02, 2012 12:13 am

Re: Meet Zahak's shiny logo

Post by carldaman » Wed Jul 07, 2021 1:21 am

amanjpro wrote:
Wed Jul 07, 2021 1:00 am
AdminX wrote:
Wed Jul 07, 2021 12:47 am
amanjpro wrote:
Wed Jul 07, 2021 12:29 am
Thank you very much. The second game was a short game. Somehow Zahak decided not to find. I probably add contempt factor for casual games to be played with. So Zahak doesn't seek short draws
Yeah, but it was a sharp draw that did not see coming (above my paygrade). If I were playing the black side in a must win game, it would have been over for me.
My goal for Zahak is more style than pure strength. I want it to play like how I wanted to play. Sharp, attacking and basically going for difficult lines. In this and previous version I sort of came closer to my goal... But there is still more to be done

That's the spirit! :D
Thanks for sharing Zahak with us!

amanjpro
Posts: 561
Joined: Sat Mar 13, 2021 12:47 am
Full name: Amanj Sherwany
Contact:

Re: Meet Zahak's shiny logo

Post by amanjpro » Wed Jul 07, 2021 3:38 am

carldaman wrote:
Wed Jul 07, 2021 1:21 am
amanjpro wrote:
Wed Jul 07, 2021 1:00 am
AdminX wrote:
Wed Jul 07, 2021 12:47 am
amanjpro wrote:
Wed Jul 07, 2021 12:29 am
Thank you very much. The second game was a short game. Somehow Zahak decided not to find. I probably add contempt factor for casual games to be played with. So Zahak doesn't seek short draws
Yeah, but it was a sharp draw that did not see coming (above my paygrade). If I were playing the black side in a must win game, it would have been over for me.
My goal for Zahak is more style than pure strength. I want it to play like how I wanted to play. Sharp, attacking and basically going for difficult lines. In this and previous version I sort of came closer to my goal... But there is still more to be done

That's the spirit! :D
Thanks for sharing Zahak with us!
Thanks :)

User avatar
mvanthoor
Posts: 1283
Joined: Wed Jul 03, 2019 2:42 pm
Location: Netherlands
Full name: Marcel Vanthoor
Contact:

Re: Meet Zahak's shiny logo

Post by mvanthoor » Wed Jul 07, 2021 9:07 am

amanjpro wrote:
Tue Jul 06, 2021 12:09 pm
...
Great logo :) As Gabor said: you could also create a bmp/png version.

Gabor: GIMP is a free image editor which can do this. Just open in the SVG and then export as PNG / BMP.
Author of Rustic, an engine written in Rust.
Releases | Code | Docs | Progress | CCRL

amanjpro
Posts: 561
Joined: Sat Mar 13, 2021 12:47 am
Full name: Amanj Sherwany
Contact:

Re: Meet Zahak's shiny logo

Post by amanjpro » Wed Jul 07, 2021 12:57 pm

mvanthoor wrote:
Wed Jul 07, 2021 9:07 am
amanjpro wrote:
Tue Jul 06, 2021 12:09 pm
...
Great logo :) As Gabor said: you could also create a bmp/png version.

Gabor: GIMP is a free image editor which can do this. Just open in the SVG and then export as PNG / BMP.
Yeah, I'll upload the pgn to the GitHub page. PGN just inferior to SVG for such kind of logos.

Anyways, I've already given Gabor a PGN versions of the logo

amanjpro
Posts: 561
Joined: Sat Mar 13, 2021 12:47 am
Full name: Amanj Sherwany
Contact:

Re: Meet Zahak's shiny logo

Post by amanjpro » Wed Jul 07, 2021 12:57 pm

amanjpro wrote:
Wed Jul 07, 2021 12:57 pm
mvanthoor wrote:
Wed Jul 07, 2021 9:07 am
amanjpro wrote:
Tue Jul 06, 2021 12:09 pm
...
Great logo :) As Gabor said: you could also create a bmp/png version.

Gabor: GIMP is a free image editor which can do this. Just open in the SVG and then export as PNG / BMP.
Yeah, I'll upload the pgn to the GitHub page. Thing is PGN is just inferior to SVG for such kind of logos.

Anyways, I've already given Gabor a PGN versions of the logo

Post Reply