Time to rethink what Vasik Rajlich has done?

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Madeleine Birchfield
Full name: Madeleine Birchfield

Re: Time to rethink what Vasik Rajlich has done?

Post by Madeleine Birchfield »

I remember seeing a post by Harvey Williamson on here, did it get deleted?
hgm
Full name: H G Muller

Post by hgm »

chrisw wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 9:04 pmEnzo,
I’m not sure if your ability to post here has been removed or not, but you are more than welcome at Ed’s Forum. Everything is very civilised and we don’t ban people for opinions we might not like.

Chris

https://prodeo.actieforum.com/
Great idea. The likes of him will feel at home there: calling for stringing up people is considered a virtue there. At the moment he cannot post here, and although his ban is not permanent, I am sure it would be a relief to most people here if he decided to never return on his own accord.

What happened to the vow of you and your sidekick to never post here again as long as the current moderation team is on duty, BTW?
Rebel

Post by Rebel »

hgm wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 11:03 pmWhat happened to the vow of you and your sidekick to never post here again as long as the current moderation team is on duty, BTW?
I don't see why one person (you) should take away the pleasure of posting in the forum I notably with others (among Chris) founded in 1997. I prefer to bear you.
90% of coding is debugging, the other 10% is writing bugs.
chrisw

Post by chrisw »

hgm wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 11:03 pm
chrisw wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 9:04 pmEnzo,
I’m not sure if your ability to post here has been removed or not, but you are more than welcome at Ed’s Forum. Everything is very civilised and we don’t ban people for opinions we might not like.

Chris

https://prodeo.actieforum.com/
Great idea. The likes of him will feel at home there: calling for stringing up people is considered a virtue there. At the moment he cannot post here, and although his ban is not permanent, I am sure it would be a relief to most people here if he decided to never return on his own accord.

What happened to the vow of you and your sidekick to never post here again as long as the current moderation team is on duty, BTW?
Your personal attacks and general rudeness have become boringly predictable. This forum and these threads would benefit from your departure for a while. You do nothing but interject trouble.
Chessqueen
Full name: Jorge Picado

Post by Chessqueen »

Madeleine Birchfield wrote: Sat Jul 03, 2021 3:05 pm Vasik Rajlich implemented a lot of his own code in his evaluation and used a unique search in Rybka, something that many other chess engine developers at the time of his banning in 2011, like Norman Schmidt and Robert Houdart, never did. Vasik Rajlich was one of the first engine authors who tuned their engine's evaluation function as well, at a time when most other chess engines refused to even consider automatic tuning methods. Time to rethink what Vasik Rajlich has done? From what I could tell, Vasik Rajlich's efforts are far more unique than Albert Silver's, whose only accomplishments of note is taking the Leela and Stockfish engines and calling it Fat Fritz 1 and Fat Fritz 2, and taking ideas from jjoshua about training Leela and Stockfish networks and calling it his own.
If the same accusation of plagiarism would apply today 40% of the new engine authors would be guilty of copying from stockfish, and using SF NNUE :roll:
Do NOT worry and be happy, we all live a short life :roll:
hgm

Post by hgm »

Rebel wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 11:23 pm
hgm wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 11:03 pmWhat happened to the vow of you and your sidekick to never post here again as long as the current moderation team is on duty, BTW?
I don't see why one person (you) should take away the pleasure of posting in the forum I notably with others (among Chris) founded in 1997. I prefer to bear you.
It doesn't by any chance have to do with the fact that your own forum, which Chris tries to promote here, is as quiet as a graveyard? :lol:
Rebel

Post by Rebel »

Absolutely nothing to do with that. It's created to be a safe place for people who are fed up with Talkchess. Recently moderator Dann Corbit who moved to it, you still need to remove his name from the moderator list. There are more, you know their names. Secondly as an alternative for CTF. It never was my intention to become a competitor to Talkchess, I have run 4 times here as moderator, the idea to once again serve as a "mother-ater" among bickering children in a busy forum isn't something I am looking for. The forum as it is, is just fine.
hgm

Post by hgm »

Rebel wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 10:24 am Recently moderator Dann Corbit who moved to it, you still need to remove his name from the moderator list.
That would have to be at his own request, not on yours, don't you think so?
Rebel

Post by Rebel »

hgm wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 11:42 am
Rebel wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 10:24 am Recently moderator Dann Corbit who moved to it, you still need to remove his name from the moderator list.
Well, then you are deliberately spreading false information, he is no moderator any longer while the forum states he is.
hgm

Post by hgm »

Rebel wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 12:02 pm
hgm wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 11:42 am
Well, then you are deliberately spreading false information, he is no moderator any longer while the forum states he is.
We only seem to have your word for that. And we all know what that is worth...