Commercial Release of Ethereal 13.00 (NNUE) for AVX2 Systems

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

AlexChess
Full name: Alex Morales

Re: Commercial Release of Ethereal 13.00 (NNUE) for AVX2 Systems

Post by AlexChess »

Andrew, you (and others here) was saying that clones never score better than Stockfish and using yellow patches their code only ruines and weakens the original source. After a lot of tournaments and thousands of games with heretic engines, I'm 99% sure that you are wrong. Stockfish Team and other indipendant authors must deeply analyse their GPLv3 code to improve SF and I really hope that the skilled programmers behind Fisherov, Raubfisch, Eman, Killfish and AI will release their modified code to the community to share their secrets, instead of simply stopping the development! This is why I'm continuing to privately test ALL the engines availables :)

Chess engines and dedicated chess computers fan since 1981 :D Mac mini M1 8GB-256GB, Windows 11 & Ubuntu ARM64.
ProteusSF Dev Forum TROLLS KINDERGARTEN
Guenther
Full name: Guenther Simon

Post by Guenther »

AlexChess wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 9:01 am Andrew, you (and others here) was saying that clones never score better than Stockfish and using yellow patches their code only ruines and weakens the original source. After a lot of tournaments and thousands of games with heretic engines, I'm 99% sure that you are wrong. Stockfish Team and other indipendant authors must deeply analyse their GPLv3 code to improve SF and I really hope that the skilled programmers behind Fisherov, Raubfisch, Eman, Killfish and AI will release their modified code to the community to share their secrets, instead of simply stopping the development! This is why I'm continuing to privately test ALL the engines availables :)

Why do you spam each and every thread here since a few months (about things you don't have the slightest clue!)?

Your errror bars are bigger than Mount Rushmore - go figure before posting.
https://rwbc-chess.de

trollwatch:
Talkchess nowadays is a joke - it is full of trolls/idiots/people stuck in the pleistocene > 80% of the posts fall into this category...
AlexChess

Post by AlexChess »

Why do you spam each and every thread here since a few months (about things you don't have the slightest clue!)?

Your errror bars are bigger than Mount Rushmore - go figure before posting.
Guenther, with 4022 posts here you are the true Master ...of spam :wink:

http://talkchess.com/forum3/viewtopic.p ... 71#p903287

Thank you again SOPEL!
Chess engines and dedicated chess computers fan since 1981 :D Mac mini M1 8GB-256GB, Windows 11 & Ubuntu ARM64.
amanjpro
Full name: Amanj Sherwany

Post by amanjpro »

AlexChess wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 9:01 am Andrew, you (and others here) was saying that clones never score better than Stockfish and using yellow patches their code only ruines and weakens the original source. After a lot of tournaments and thousands of games with heretic engines, I'm 99% sure that you are wrong. Stockfish Team and other indipendant authors must deeply analyse their GPLv3 code to improve SF and I really hope that the skilled programmers behind Fisherov, Raubfisch, Eman, Killfish and AI will release their modified code to the community to share their secrets, instead of simply stopping the development! This is why I'm continuing to privately test ALL the engines availables :)

Ok, ask your self, what does this post have to do with this thread? NOTHING

Reporting it, to be removed, as it is not related to thread
AlexChess

Post by AlexChess »

amanjpro wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 3:21 pm

Why isn't it related?
Ethereal 13.00 standard github is rated 3400 ELO, Ethereal 13.25 NNUE commercial 3532 ELO. Choosing to rewrite Ethereal from scratch has caused a delta of about 100 ELO from top engines (all derivatives on the first 20 positions: the stronger not derivative is Dragon 2.0) ...And something broke compatibility with my system, while 12.75 works perfectly with 4-8 CPUs and never crashes.
I really hope that Ethereal will gain soon his deserved ranking because I like his style since years (it is still incredibly fast, but probably Andrew now cuts too many moves) but closing it in his "Ivory Tower" instead of continuing to develop it keeping his open source status also for NNUE (keeping compatibility with other free NNUEs) caused my (and other fans in most forums) disappoint.

What I don't understand are your words:
"There is no Github version and commercial version. There is Andrew's own compile (which he sells it), and your own compile (which is free). They both compile the same exact source code, using the same exact make file. Andrew cannot even use a different makefile without also releasing its source code."

??? I cannot compile or simply use his commercial NNUE, or others FREE with it, like I do with immense pleasure with the evergreen Ethereal 12.75 NNUE.

Best regards, Alex
amanjpro

Post by amanjpro »

AlexChess wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 4:20 pm
amanjpro wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 3:21 pm

Why isn't it related?
Ethereal 13.00 standard github is rated 3400 ELO, Ethereal 13.25 NNUE commercial 3532 ELO. Choosing to rewrite Ethereal from scratch has caused a delta of about 100 ELO from top engines (all derivatives on the first 20 positions: the stronger not derivative is Dragon 2.0) ...And something broke compatibility with my system, while 12.75 works perfectly with 4-8 CPUs and never crashes.
I really hope that Ethereal will gain soon his deserved ranking because I like his style since years (it is still incredibly fast, but probably Andrew now cuts too many moves) but closing it in his "Ivory Tower" instead of continuing to develop it keeping his open source status also for NNUE (keeping compatibility with other free NNUEs) caused my (and other fans in most forums) disappoint.

What I don't understand are your words:
"There is no Github version and commercial version. There is Andrew's own compile (which he sells it), and your own compile (which is free). They both compile the same exact source code, using the same exact make file. Andrew cannot even use a different makefile without also releasing its source code."

??? I cannot compile or simply use his commercial NNUE, or others FREE with it, like I do with immense pleasure with the evergreen Ethereal 12.75 NNUE.

Best regards, Alex
OK, you have made this point ten thousand times already, if he listens he listens, if he doesn't, you gotta stop... you are harrasing not only him, but all of us.

He hasn't completely re-written Ehereal, he used a different eval funcition. And if you like the way Ethereal plays (not the numbers in the crosstable) then what he did with this commercial release preserves the Ethereal style, while the previous SF-NNUE didn't... but do you even listen?
AlexChess

Post by AlexChess »

Best regards, Alex
amanjpro wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 4:38 pm
OK, you have made this point ten thousand times already, if he listens he listens, if he doesn't, you gotta stop... you are harrasing not only him, but all of us.

He hasn't completely re-written Ehereal, he used a different eval funcition. And if you like the way Ethereal plays (not the numbers in the crosstable) then what he did with this commercial release preserves the Ethereal style, while the previous SF-NNUE didn't... but do you even listen?
Then you see that it is related to this topic, but you haven't still explained your statements. Can I compile also his NNUE making it exacltly like the commercial version? I will buy the commercial version when it will be fully compatible with my system (including NNUE obviously) It's the reason for asking him a trial with 1 hour expiration...
amanjpro

Post by amanjpro »

AlexChess wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 5:02 pm ??? I cannot compile or simply use his commercial NNUE, or others FREE with it, like I do with immense pleasure with the evergreen Ethereal 12.75 NNUE.

Best regards, Alex
amanjpro wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 4:38 pm

Then you see that it is related to this topic, but you haven't still explained your statements. Can I compile also his NNUE making it exacltly like the commercial version? I will buy the commercial version when it will be fully compatible with my system (including NNUE obviously) It's the reason for asking him a trial with 1 hour expiration...
It is not related anymore, if you want create a topic, in "Computer Chess Club: Programming and Technical Discussions", asking for help, and someone will most likely help you...

And, I am starting to feel the need for ignoring your posts, so probably you want to make sure to comply with common sense
gerhard

Post by gerhard »

Alex

with all due respect

one simply question ... how old are you ?

sorry but all your posting are that kind of strange - I really dont want to read it furtheron
i have now blocked you, cause i got badly sick of it ........
may be you should do things you understand better

best regards
AlexChess

Post by AlexChess »

gerhard wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 6:59 pm Alex

with all due respect

one simply question ... how old are you ?

sorry but all your posting are that kind of strange - I really dont want to read it furtheron
i have now blocked you, cause i got badly sick of it ........
may be you should do things you understand better

best regards
I don't even know who you are, so no problem :)

best regards